bladeguardian

Question

I've been trying for a while and I can't seem to do it
Put on my strongest stuff, valkyr melee rage build with the nikana 
Even went out and bought lifestrike for it

Still going down because I can't gain back health enough from life strike

Should I just run past all the mobs? 

I don't think I have the mods to make miasma that strong

You could always just run booben, and vortex everything.

Valkyr... probably not so good. You can roll a stealth character like Loki and walk past the enemies and just go straight for objectives, or a high-combat character that outputs a lot of DPS or has invincible moves (like Ash).

High defense characters like Rhino are also a good choice.

Why wouldn't Valkyr be a good choice? She's more tanky than Rhino is. She is also the frame I used to stroll through the event. The only real downside is that I'm not immune to being knocked on my *** by Ancients and Leapers. But other than that annoyance, Valkyr works great.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Hate to say it, but Rhino works well, at least at the levels we're talking to complete the event.

Decent runspeed, but the key is Iron Skin. You can run right through the traps, into the clouds, into the magnetic auras, and nothing will happen. You're also immune to knockdowns, so when you round that corner and theres a surprise Ancient standing there, you aint gonna get knocked on your @$$.

Perma-Invis Loki or Ash works too but then you gotta avoid the magnetic AoEs. And a disruptor heavy can screw you over pretty good.

Edited by Darzk

I ran solo with Loki for the first 2 runs to get a handle on the event, I'd probably still recommend him, but after that I went with a public party til I got a decent amount of points, then went solo to finish it off, this time with Trinity.

I probably don't have to really say how to do this as it is probably obvious but for the sake of it.

Link all day every day. Watch that timer like a hawk. I was leveling Scoliac, but I suppose you could use any melee you want, but obviously get out of there when that time on Link is getting low, I underestimated them once and paid for it. Rush is nice to have. When I wasn't meleeing, Brakk was my weapon of choice but I'm fairly sure any similar weapon is good enough.

I also don't recommend running through magnetic clouds (the others are ok), I think Link is a bit "iffy" on protecting you from the magnetic proc and it isn't worth the risk.

Energy Vampire to top off your energy whenever you feel like it. But more importantly there will be spawns of parasitic crap every so often, deal with them quickly, heck, use EV on them. Outrunning is rather risky in cases like that.

Blessing is backup link. Mine isn't on a minimum duration because I can't be bothered to find and/or switch out a rank 0 blessing.  But because of that  it is viable to let my health go a little low (or my sentinel) then use it as a replacement for Link in some cases.

If you're having difficulty locating a tumor, whip out the codec scanner while link is on. You'll have some breathing room to scan through walls for locating the masses. There will be infested swarming still but you should be able to differentiate them from the tumors.

Then I just decided to switch over to my trinity with Sybaris and Nikana, using Blessing on myself whenever needed and only using the gun to shoot at ospreys and tumors. Those disrupters were annoying though.

About disruptors, just link most of the time, watch the health of your sentinel though.