Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not Really An Idea For Warframe

Bloody_Canvas

Not entirely sure where to post this, so I apologize to the moderator that has to put it in the right place.

Right so my random and crazy idea involves combining some of the best modern body armor, namely Kevlar, with one of the older days of sword and shield armor, scale mail.

The individual scales would be made of thick amounts of Kevlar, with an outer titanium covering for light weight and flexible use. The scales would also differ in size and thickness depending on where they are on the body. The more that part of the body rubs against itself, the thinner and smaller. The less a part of the body comes in contact with itself or bends, the longer and thicker the armor.

The armor would be much like putting on chain mail with a bunch of scales on it so lets talk about the links now. A majority of the links would be made of carbonated steel, with a few hand full of treated rubber links to allow for more flexibility.

The end result should be a tough, light weight armor that allows the users skin to breath while providing ample protection.

If it's not really an idea for Warframe, I'd say probably Exras > Off Topic section.

Indeed it should be in "Off Topic" and will probably be moved there.

But about the OP, that is an interesting idea and shift in new Warframe armor. Certainly something that would change the feel of appearance and game "functionality".

Something like this already exists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Skin

Of course, even if the armor DOES prevent rounds from sailing through the human body, the impact force would still at least knock the wind out of a soldier, if not do horrible things to heart rhythm.  Still, the idea of that body armor was to spread the force of bullet impact across the surface of the armor.

Mostly, it reaks of "it's too expensive, but families won't like that excuse..."