Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Ospreys Need Some Nerfing

MisturTentacles

For you guys who are against this nerf you don't understand the full power of these ospreys. At level 15 and that is a very low level, they deal almost 2000 toxic damage and not to mention the spawn rate of those guys and how frequently they can dash all over the place.

Here's my take on any new enemies: if they are annoying you, then they must be doing something right. Enemies are...well enemies. They are not your friends and are suppose to hit you where it hurts. 

As a player, I am getting tired of the fodders that lines up in front of me begging for some lead. Its nice to have some new unpredictable enemies. 

Yes but think about it for a bit will ya? Is it normal for normal enemies to hit as hard as bosses? Imo now these ospreys are much more annoying than T4 vor and that is not supposed to be right. Balance is what we need in this game and these ospreys are destroying it

Are you sure? Try going to wave 30 on ODD without using rhino or nova and we'll see if you'll survive 5 ticks of toxic damage

Except that's easier to avoid and does less damage, not to mention it doesn't instantly shove eight stacks of the S#&$ into your face.

Except that's easier to avoid and does less damage, not to mention it doesn't instantly shove eight stacks of the S#&$ into your face.

Easier to avoid? I've done the alert earlier and they were swarming all over the pod, making it impossible to go near it and it's also hard to shoot them because they keep on dashing around and spreading more farts. Less damage? No no no you're missing the point, bosses don't do direct damage to health which means your shield will take damage but that's not much a problem because shields recharge, and unless you have rejuvenation on you're health will stay that way and you'll keep taking what, around 500-1000 toxic damage that bypasses shields? And they CAN shove 8 stacks of farts in your face because of the high proc chance

Edited by FuturiZticPonY

Has the community gotten so low that people consider mutalist ospreys 100% legit challenges and if you think otherwise you are a complete scrub/noob who should go play with dolls because they cant handle a mans game?

Did I ever consider them as 100% legit challenges? No, I can pretty much kill them easily with my rhino but what about the other frames? For me I don't use rhino that much anymore because I need to focus on other warframes, and this enemy makes the gameplay a whole lot different and harder especially for newer players. Have you gotten so low that you insult other people who find it hard to kill these ospreys?

Edited by FuturiZticPonY

Did I ever consider them as 100% legit challenges? No, I can pretty much kill them easily with my rhino but what about the other frames? For me I don't use rhino that much anymore because I need to focus on other warframes, and this enemy makes the gameplay a whole lot different and harder especially for newer players. Have you gotten so low that you insult other people who find it hard to kill these ospreys?

I did not mean it like that, i oppose the people who will blindly defend anything "challenging" even if it completely breaks balance for lower levels and/or if it is poorly designed.

I did not mean it like that, i oppose the people who will blindly defend anything "challenging" even if it completely breaks balance for lower levels and/or if it is poorly designed.

Oh ok now I understand, but it still doesn't seem fair for the newer players who encounter these ospreys as they can die pretty easily 

Quite frankly, and I'm not going to sugar-coat it, these things are badly designed enemies.  They are quick, airborne, unpredictable, have a shield-piercing attack which is impossible to predict or even see because the effect is, like, 75% invisible, 25% opaque.

What is their counterplay?  AoE attacks, which every enemy is vulnerable to anyway.  Just use 25 energy on any nuke ult (of which there are many) and you're good.  But that's boring.  I don't want another enemy that dies in the same way every other enemy does.  I want an enemy that has immunities which every weapon and certain abilities have the ability to get around, provided you can use that weapon or ability correctly.

These enemies just contribute to the "gear is the only thing that matters" vibe that Warframe has right now and most players would like to do away with.  For example on my Rage/Life Strike Ash these things are no problem to deal with because I'm just getting all my HP back anyway, but what if I had to deal with one creeping up behind me on my Nova?  The random toxin proc (which in and of itself is unfair, as it means you'll take more damage if you just...get unlucky...) would kill her without much of a way of avoiding the gas at all...

So in conclusion:  these enemies are not the enemies I think most players want, because you're golden if you have certain very rare and specific mods, weapons, or Warframes, but the majority of people just get unfairly demolished over and over by these things because you can't tell where they are, what they're going to do, how to avoid what they're going to do, or how to even avoid what they do when it's been done.  And the main point of all of this...

Infested Ospreys are not fun to attack, defend against, or kill, making them pointless enemies, since I would assume most people play games to actually have fun.

The mantra of "having fun" seems like a convenient way to dumb down content and everything in general. You guys wanna keep using your Soma and your Rhino and never have to tailor your load out for anything. The moment you find something that can fight you back and can put you on your back here comes the its unfair and I'm being punished ranting.

I got my Prove Vandal, pugged every mission. The only times I died were to clipping the big poison sacs from the hives, and lagging into terrain and then getting pummeled by packed infested. You are not supposed to stand still when facing the Infested. You should also bring the correct equipment to do the job against a heavy melee/short range faction. But its just easier to whine instead of adapt.

I've said it before and I'll say it again because none of you have shown otherwise... any new event or new enemy or even new weapons totally and repeatedly expose the vast majority of the playerbase as nothing more than entitled whiners who tuck tail and run when there is even a chance of there being any sort of challenge. There are multiple tools in place to help you overcome the latest ordeal. You won't use them, instead you'll beg for the nerfbat.

So disappointing, Tenno. So disappointing

The mantra of "having fun" seems like a convenient way to dumb down content and everything in general. You guys wanna keep using your Soma and your Rhino and never have to tailor your load out for anything. The moment you find something that can fight you back and can put you on your back here comes the its unfair and I'm being punished ranting.

I got my Prove Vandal, pugged every mission. The only times I died were to clipping the big poison sacs from the hives, and lagging into terrain and then getting pummeled by packed infested. You are not supposed to stand still when facing the Infested. You should also bring the correct equipment to do the job against a heavy melee/short range faction. But its just easier to whine instead of adapt.

I've said it before and I'll say it again because none of you have shown otherwise... any new event or new enemy or even new weapons totally and repeatedly expose the vast majority of the playerbase as nothing more than entitled whiners who tuck tail and run when there is even a chance of there being any sort of challenge. There are multiple tools in place to help you overcome the latest ordeal. You won't use them, instead you'll beg for the nerfbat.

So disappointing, Tenno. So disappointing

As I have said before, there's no problem with them when it comes to the event because you move around a lot and they can't catch up but what about defense missions? You're gonna disregard the pod? Asking for a nerf on damage does not mean that they won't be a challenge because again, toxic bypasses shields and these guys deal a LOT and I mean a LOT of toxic damage, that is why they should be nerfed, but of course it won't take away the challenge because they're still hard to hit, they dash a lot, and they deal toxic damage. 

As I have said before, there's no problem with them when it comes to the event because you move around a lot and they can't catch up but what about defense missions? You're gonna disregard the pod? Asking for a nerf on damage does not mean that they won't be a challenge because again, toxic bypasses shields and these guys deal a LOT and I mean a LOT of toxic damage, that is why they should be nerfed, but of course it won't take away the challenge because they're still hard to hit, they dash a lot, and they deal toxic damage.

Tenno need to view these as training and learning opportunities. These kind of foes train young Tenno in the fine art of proper target selection and in intermediate targeting and tracking. Its not like they sit at range and DPS the pod. Just like with ancients and some of the crawlers... if you let them get into spitting range, its your fault if you get spit on.

Stop asking for nerfs so much and so quickly, try and figure out how to overcome and adapt first. If after a reasonable amount of playing/testing there's a problem, THEN make a constructive feedback post.

Just moaning and begging for nerfs 1-2 days after release is just not right. Players are completing all of the required objectives so its not like its impacting relevant gameplay. A players default comfort level is NOT relevant gameplay

Edited by Kartumterek

Honestly though, with swarms of this guy storming your pod, it is really difficult to eliminate them all (plus the Ancients and everything). Its either you go for an AoE nuke hoping to kill them all or use a hit-scan weapon to hit them. Weapons which has travel time or those who need careful aiming is hard due to its irregular movement patterns and odd hit-boxes.

I not totally against this new adversary but it really do needs a rework. Maybe just let it unleash the poison once its been killed rather than spitting in your head then zips away? Its a nice touch to have a mob like this that would somehow makes the players go out their camping spots and behave differently but having little to no time to react for such isnt fun at all (Considering the fact that you'll still be suffering from the toxic proc even if you manage to get out fast enough). You ended up needing a bunch of health restores/health orbs or a healer to regain the lost health and fight again. This in turn makes specific warframe lineups mandatory.

And heck they were supposed to be support units but hey, they ended up more damaging than the intended assault mobs of the game.

what may help is adding health orbs to enemy drop tables much like an energy orb. but making the clouds a bit more visable would be a good idea they are tough to see sometimes and the dot it a bit overkill but i think the visability and orb drop may help counter this.

also there are a lot of newer players who are going to interact with these things and making them a little cheap like they are is only going to drive new players away. if you say good to this, you are obviously twelve years old and show you have no concept of how business works and should perhaps stop typing

Edited by BurningDesire

what may help is adding health orbs to enemy drop tables much like an energy orb. but making the clouds a bit more visable would be a good idea they are tough to see sometimes and the dot it a bit overkill but i think the visability and orb drop may help counter this.

also there are a lot of newer players who are going to interact with these things and making them a little cheap like they are is only going to drive new players away. if you say good to this, you are obviously twelve years old and show you have no concept of how business works and should perhaps stop typing

Considering this is a rated game for those over 17 I don't have to worry about some new players who are gonna complain about something being allegedly hard when there's millions of other adults playing the game. Don't pass off your whining on some mystery new guy.

Moaning and whining and complaining and taking your ball and going home is your 12 yr old behavior, not mine. I'm busy hero flex-posing in the mirror with no shirt on with my Prova Vandal Prod man style. Real business

Edited by Kartumterek

Increasing the drop chance of health orb isn't an effective solution to the problem. In addition, this would lessen the impact of healer frames and gives players reliance to health orbs whenever they face these Mutalists.

Considering this is a rated game for those over 17 I don't have to worry about some new players who are gonna complain about something being allegedly hard when there's millions of other adults playing the game. Don't pass off your whining on some mystery new guy.

Moaning and whining and complaining and taking your ball and going home is your 12 yr old behavior, not mine. I'm busy hero flex-posing in the mirror with no shirt on with my Prova Vandal Prod man style. Real business

Honestly speaking, content for new players is vital for the overall success and growth of the game and the business. Without a proper or broken experience for new players, they will tend to be turn off and migrate to other games.

We cant blame a number of players complaining (or moaning if you prefer) in the new enemy. In my perspective, the Mutalist Osprey is indeed an interesting enemy. They make players opt to more agile and mobile gameplay rather than camping especially in Defense Missions. The only problem to this enemy is its absurd damage, wherein you WILL die on the long run when dealing with them. They tend to eat a chuck of your health by just zipping around the battle field and if you ever kill one, you need to face one or two of these ospreys again before you could regain the lost health with all the damage over time and toxic proc. They spawn frequently too, thus expect them to swarm you which isn't healthy at all.

A number of players would have a hard time evading all those poison clouds (with its DOT that could down you in just a few seconds and has  large AOE) while dealing with other Infested enemies. This in turn will promote press 4 to win gameplay more which isn't a nice path for the game to take.

What I suggest (and maybe other users in the forums as well) is to somehow make the poison cloud less devastating enough for players to maneuver away to it but still punish you if you stay inside it for too long.

Reducing their numbers should be done too, since 4-5 of these guys could cover a large area of posion clouds thus ruining your formation or makes the defense target to be a less of a priority.

Its current hit-box is a problem as well.

I believe that the Mutalist Osprey is a promising new adversary that adds a new dimension to the game. We just need to tweak it a bit and try  not to make it a swarm of death-inducing-poison-gas-generator.

While my sentinel disagrees with me...

It's my opinion that the Mutalist Osprey doesn't need a nerf... Players need to form better habits and prioritize.

The toxic clouds don't appear to be doing any damage to cryo-pods at this point and the majority of the toxic threat the infested presented was reduced long ago.

As long as you make the new Ospreys and Leaders priorities they present a limited threat.

The issue is that as the levels of infested scale up(200+) these Mutalisk Ospreys spell an instant death sentence that not even Rhino's Iron Skin can resist.  They're also incredibly armored with a narrow hit box which makes sniping them, assuming one isn't already in close contact, a hopeless cause.  I've hit a few 4x times with my 5 forma'd Paris Prime to no avail.

I would like to see a re-work that doesn't entirely nerf them, but limits the amount of toxin they can spray.  If the toxic cloud were limited to their death via a self destruct sequence similar to the Oxium Osprey's explosion, I believe players would be happier while still finding it challenging.

Um NO, Infested where the meat bags pushovers for far too long, their ARE suppose to bring terror when we see them swarming in... not a; "YAY here come infested let me practice my combos on them!"

Learn to adapt, if skill alone is not enough, then gear up right(Bring other mods, more powerful weapons that are good for this factition or/and mod right), be a space ninja... XD

Each faction have their different difficult unit, that takes more careful planning than rush blast and slash everything... now Infested finally have more of their own.

Edited by 0zryel

Um NO, Infested where the meat bags pushovers for far too long, their ARE suppose to bring terror when we see them swarming in... not a; "YAY here come infested let me practice my combos on them!"

Learn to adapt, if skill alone is not enough, then gear up right(Bring other mods, more powerful weapons that are good for this factition or/and mod right), be a space ninja... XD

Each faction have their different difficult unit, that takes more careful planning than rush blast and slash everything... now Infested finally have more of their own.

The issue isn't the difficulty, it's the cheapness.

Also, again, this is a video game. Enemies are supposed to die, they aren't supposed to beat the player because that's not fun.