Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Ospreys Need Some Nerfing

MisturTentacles

OH cmon, you will still get tons of XP from the rest of the infested which make up like 90% of the horde.

This is like demanding for unlimited ammo because you don't want to run out of ammo on guns you are trying to level and be forced to resort to using a tool that is available to you, the melee weapon.

I only take a melee weapon for exp runs so I can maximize the amount of exp I get, unlike before I can just go 2-3 runs with a melee weapon and get it to rank 30 already, but with the new ospreys around I am forced to bring a gun and even though you kill the other infested off some of the exp still goes to your warframe and your gun.

Yes I know you guys are saying that we need a challenge but this?? This is a little bit too much it's not everytime we bring a rhino into a mission. Even though we bring pistols imagine how hard it is to hit a small oxium osprey that keeps on dashing a LOT

that is the worst comparison ever... The Oxium Osprey is HUGE. How can you not hit the broad side of a barn? The Infested Osprey isnt so hard to shoot. I just bring my Braton Vandal bratatatata all over him. Problem solved.

> Challenge

Death sentence upon touch after level 100 is a challenge? "Hah you better not touch these super fast and agile flying units that take ages to kill or you'll die instantly! Don't bother reviving your ally too, because you'll end up just like him!"

So fun to be instagibbed yes?

The game isn't balanced for level exceeding 100 and probably never will be.

> Challenge

Death sentence upon touch after level 100 is a challenge? "Hah you better not touch these super fast and agile flying units that take ages to kill or you'll die instantly! Don't bother reviving your ally too, because you'll end up just like him!"

So fun to be instagibbed yes?

Has it occurred that by that point you should be dead. 

I only take a melee weapon for exp runs so I can maximize the amount of exp I get, unlike before I can just go 2-3 runs with a melee weapon and get it to rank 30 already, but with the new ospreys around I am forced to bring a gun and even though you kill the other infested off some of the exp still goes to your warframe and your gun.

The analogy to unlimited ammunition still applies.  If you only take a primary and run out of ammo you are in the same position where you are entirely reliant on abilities or running away.

The game isn't balanced for level exceeding 100 and probably never will be.

but right now u dont need lvl 100 osprey to instantly kill u... more like lvl 50 kills light armored warframes

Edited by Eric1738

im not stupid tho, i shoot them in the face, if a primary/secondary is needed yielding in lower melee xp then so be it, thats no reason to want a challenge to be kneecapped, ppl have wanted more difficult and less trivial infested for a while, this is a very good step towards that goal.

Like I said many times already, I am talking about the melee gameplay in this thread and with the new infested ospreys it's very hard to kill them off if you get near them they destroy your health with toxic damage. And because I usually do my exp runs on dark sector survival with only a melee weapon to maximize the exp I gain, these ospreys force you to bring a gun and that gun will take away some of the exp you gain.

that is the worst comparison ever... The Oxium Osprey is HUGE. How can you not hit the broad side of a barn? The Infested Osprey isnt so hard to shoot. I just bring my Braton Vandal bratatatata all over him. Problem solved.

This thread is about the melee gameplay not the gun gameplay, and I don't like repeating myself all the time so please read the other replies I've made

The analogy to unlimited ammunition still applies.  If you only take a primary and run out of ammo you are in the same position where you are entirely reliant on abilities or running away.

That is why they made melee weapons, to support you when you run out of ammo but in the case of people doing dark sector survival with only melee weapons it's a whole different thing, using your abilities will give a bit more exp to your warframe and not your melee weapon. But the main point is about lowering the damage a bit so you can at least survive a few encounters with these infested ospreys and it will make it a whole lot easier to kill them and not be killed.

Yes I agree with you infested defense is now ruined for me, Vauban's vortex skill can ground them a bit but they can dash and break free from it

imho that sounds good that ODD isnt trivialised with 1 vauban, im assuming 1 rhino stomp will pretty much bring one to a standstill?

i dont even see WHY you MUST kill an osprey with melee, just skip it if its a problem, their not exactly athletic sprinting vampires out for your blood.

Do you even know how much they dash around the place? If you skip them more of them will just spawn and in the end you're still stuck with them 

toxic damage bypasses shields and armor on tenno

on infested it does little damage. on grineer it barely bypas 25% of their armor. on corpus it only goes over the shield.

rather amusing that tenno are very vulnerable to toxic, what infested use the most.

toxic damage bypasses shields and armor on tenno

on infested it does little damage. on grineer it barely bypas 25% of their armor. on corpus it only goes over the shield.

rather amusing that tenno are very vulnerable to toxic, what infested use the most.

That is why DE should tone down the toxic damage these infested ospreys do, and if possible make them a little bit bigger and make the toxic clouds a bit darker and more visible 

dag gone leave the thing alone...really created a challenge for my frost prime....We dont need a nerf on something that is clearly relies on the player to see the environment before just running ahead. This definitely makes rushers think before running into a crowd of infested. No nerf, just leave the osprey be honestly. I love the challenge. 

I still don't see the big deal behind the osperies if your aware of your surroundings. I've tried Saryn, Banshee, and Loki for the event yesterday, where I've only been downed once by them on Loki as I just barrel roll out of the gas cloud before it starts to tick...Everyone else that saw a infested osprey for the first time though and was downed immediately, I actually feel sorry for them.

@BloodArmoredApostle
The problem is I have run across lots of areas where I didn't think there was a cloud or anything because I couldn't see a cloud, and then bam, I'm hit with 150 damage per tick without warning and die and there is nothing I can do about it.

The clouds are sometimes invisible, or so faint that you cant see them with everything else going on.

Edited by Tsukinoki

dag gone leave the thing alone...really created a challenge for my frost prime....We dont need a nerf on something that is clearly relies on the player to see the environment before just running ahead. This definitely makes rushers think before running into a crowd of infested. No nerf, just leave the osprey be honestly. I love the challenge. 

Yes it created a challenge for all of us but there is still the fact that these ospreys deal a lot of toxic damage, get proc'd and you're done for, and I don't really have trouble rushing with iron skin but think about the other people out there struggling to rush a mission with these ospreys destroying their health bars. Don't you think getting to mastery 16 is a challenge as it is? Spending months on Warframe buying this buying that farm there farm that I know it's fun but it can get tiring and not all people like that

I still don't see the big deal behind the osperies if your aware of your surroundings. I've tried Saryn, Banshee, and Loki for the event yesterday, where I've only been downed once by them on Loki as I just barrel roll out of the gas cloud before it starts to tick...Everyone else that saw a infested osprey for the first time though and was downed immediately, I actually feel sorry for them.

How can you be aware of your surroundings if you can't even see the cloud they produce? 

+1

Real men don't use guns but beat the crap out of everything with bare hands (or swords or whatever that is not a gun).

Jokes apart, i just find kinda annoying i can't melee them without hurting myself (and proc, THAT PROC, OGGOD...) like i do with other flying mobs and security cameras/turrets.

Imo, the nerf should involve the proc chance and damage, putting it on par with the Grineer eviscerators.

+1

Real men don't use guns but beat the crap out of everything with bare hands (or swords or whatever that is not a gun).

Jokes apart, i just find kinda annoying i can't melee them without hurting myself (and proc, THAT PROC, OGGOD...) like i do with other flying mobs and security cameras/turrets.

Imo, the nerf should involve the proc chance and damage, putting it on par with the Grineer eviscerators.

Exactly