Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need A Full Game Reset For Update 14, And Maybe More In The Future.

Yezzik

I made a topic like this before, but this latest devstream only hammers the point home with the announcement of upgrading the quality of specific mods.

We simply can't provide all the feedback DE needs on system changes like this and Vor's Prize unless we're all reset to the beginning of the progression treadmill.

You're kidding right? That would only cause MORE problems than it would solve. Especially on the side of RNG. All those people who are mastery rank 13+ will probably never play again, why would they want to do deal with all the RNG bs again?

However, if it is an optional reset, it is fine. A mandatory reset will never happen unless DE is absolutely forced to due to a catastrophic issue, this is what has been said in the past.

I would like to reset my account again, so I can experience the game again from the beginning. It should not be mandatory, though. I do feel like I will be able to give better feedback on the new player experience if I can actually play as a new player.

Haha, a mandatory reset?

inb4 flame

also, not happening. Been explicitly stated by devs that such a thing will not happen. optional, maybe. but not mandatory

A full reset would make us Veteran players like myself disband the game completely, perhaps a mandatory for some players. If I lose 1000 hours, emblems, mods, plat and exclusives, whats the point of returning?

Will never happen and is not needed.

DE has stated a few times that they will not do a mandatory reset and it would probably push a lot of people to leave if they did.

What exactly could possibly compensate for losing every single weapon and frame in the game that you've spent the time to rank up to 30 and possibly forma more than once?

What exactly could possibly compensate for the time and resources that went into the dojos and all of their research?

And what about the people who bought the prime access or founders packs?

What about the mods that you get in the plat packs that people have bought?

I would like to reset my account again, so I can experience the game again from the beginning. It should not be mandatory, though. I do feel like I will be able to give better feedback on the new player experience if I can actually play as a new player.

It's kind of impossible for you to actually play as a new player. You have skills and knowledge a new player lacks.

If you want to simulate it though, you can just farm up Ambulas for an excal, buy a mark 1/lato/skana, and test it out, using nothing but mods you find after starting the experiment. I did that back when newbies were hitting the Eurasia wall when interception was required to progress as well as hugely difficult. It won't be a perfect representation of the newbie experience, but gearwise it should tell you whether newbie equipment simply isn't cutting it early on.

And what about the people who bought the prime access or founders packs?

If there is a reset, mandatory or optional, and you purchased Prime Access or Founder's Pack, you keep everything you paid for. I bought the second tier Rhino Prime pack, so I would keep Rhino Prime, Boltor Prime, Ankyros Prime, the Platinum I got, and the Icons. Same goes for Founders' stuff.

I made a topic like this before, but this latest devstream only hammers the point home with the announcement of upgrading the quality of specific mods.

We simply can't provide all the feedback DE needs on system changes like this and Vor's Prize unless we're all reset to the beginning of the progression treadmill.

Yes I will just give up everything I got for nothing >.> cause that makes sense