Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need A Full Game Reset For Update 14, And Maybe More In The Future.

Yezzik

It seems like a lot of you either weren't here for U7 or have forgotten. That change reset all the mods.

That was a whole different world.

Change from closed Beta to Open Beta and reset of the entire system.

That's frowned upon. I'd create a new account only if I had cast-iron assurance that this account wouldn't get banned as a result.

If you won't use a referral link and you won't trade anything from one account to another, in other words if both of your accounts would never interact, then that's perfectly fine. DE is not actively searching for multicounts.

That's frowned upon. I'd create a new account only if I had cast-iron assurance that this account wouldn't get banned as a result.

No it isn't.  Exploiting multi accounts is frowned upon.  Like making them for the referral rewards, or gaining multiple exclusive mods to trade to yourself or trading to yourself in general.

Creating a second account for the purpose of testing the new player experience was at one time encouraged.  With the growth of the game and the abilities to exploit multiple accounts the "Official" stance has been to discourage the idea, BUT if you are not doing anything like padding event stats or abusing the referral system there is no reason to fear a ban.

If you won't use a referral link and you won't trade anything from one account to another, in other words if both of your accounts would never interact, then that's perfectly fine. DE is not actively searching for multicounts.

Again, I'm waiting for cast-iron assurance that that is company policy.

So far all I've managed to find is a mention of duplicate accounts being handled "on a case by case basis," which tells me nothing beyond "don't use it to exploit stuff" but doesn't tell me what the list of things considered exploits is.

For example, if my duplicate account was in my main account's clan, is that considered an exploit in and of itself because it could possibly be used to enable actual exploits? I don't know.

Again, I'm waiting for cast-iron assurance that that is company policy.

So far all I've managed to find is a mention of duplicate accounts being handled "on a case by case basis," which tells me nothing beyond "don't use it to exploit stuff" but doesn't tell me what the list of things considered exploits is.

For example, if my duplicate account was in my main account's clan, is that considered an exploit in and of itself because it could possibly be used to enable actual exploits? I don't know.

Your best bet is to PM a community admin maybe, like DERebecca. Or to submit a ticket with your question.

Your best bet is to PM a community admin maybe, like DERebecca. Or to submit a ticket with your question.

That probably won't do much either.  He will get the same answer he just posted.  It is a case by case basis.

BUT, as we've pointed out, don't have interaction between them and you are fine.  Don't refer yourself and don't trade and don't pad event stats.

Having them in the same clan, I think only makes sense and don't see why it would be a problem.

I've had a new player account and have never worried for a moment about a ban.  I don't do anything that could remotely be considered abuse or exploit.

Would you people be opposed to a reset then if it were optional?

In that case, of course, it would only be able to refund Plat you'd spent on yourself. Don't know if DE would have all the records for that, though...

In that case, of course, it would only be able to refund Plat you'd spent on yourself. Don't know if DE would have all the records for that, though...

Optional? Sure. You want to lose hours of your progress and hard grind, that's none of my buissiness, go on.

I would like to reset my account again, so I can experience the game again from the beginning. It should not be mandatory, though. I do feel like I will be able to give better feedback on the new player experience if I can actually play as a new player.

lol make a new account and leave us alone xD

If you reset the game, some people will quit because they don't want to have to do all that grinding all over again.

Other people will try it and quit because the New Player Experience blows chunks (and no it isn't because we suddenly forgot how to use the mod system or foundry LOL).

A full on reset would be disastrous for the game for many reasons.

You're kidding right? That would only cause MORE problems than it would solve. Especially on the side of RNG. All those people who are mastery rank 13+ will probably never play again, why would they want to do deal with all the RNG bs again?

However, if it is an optional reset, it is fine. A mandatory reset will never happen unless DE is absolutely forced to due to a catastrophic issue, this is what has been said in the past.

The fact that most of 500h+ players would leave only because they lost their gear would mean only that game is so shallow that theres nothing besides gear to get from it.

The fact that most of 500h+ players would leave only because they lost their gear would mean only that game is so shallow that theres nothing besides gear to get from it.

Because there isn't. Sad but true. You are grinding to get better gear to grind more for better gear to be able to grind somewere else to get better gear.

lol make a new account and leave us alone xD

Making a new account is not going to solve the problem.

I want to reset my account, and I want all the Platinum that comes with it. Plus, I'd rather use my Excalibur Prime versus a regular Excalibur, and I'm not a fan of Mag or Loki, so...

Sure, I can experience what new players go through by doing that, but I have more than just one reason for wanting to reset my account. I actually want to go back and do it all over again, since I've done pretty much everything and gotten all there is to get, there's nothing much left for me to do.

I'd leave if there was a mandatory reset. Ain't farming all my primes (especially Loki Prime...), frames, weapons, etc again. Nor am I willing to grind everything again, unless forma'd. Let's not forget all the plats.

Optional reset, like every other MMO game, is a good choice. Put a thingy in the market for some plats. lel

Or, you can just forma a frame and playthrough like a nubtart again. :)

Will never happen and is not needed.

DE has stated a few times that they will not do a mandatory reset and it would probably push a lot of people to leave if they did.

What exactly could possibly compensate for losing every single weapon and frame in the game that you've spent the time to rank up to 30 and possibly forma more than once?

What exactly could possibly compensate for the time and resources that went into the dojos and all of their research?

And what about the people who bought the prime access or founders packs?

What about the mods that you get in the plat packs that people have bought?

1st of all let me say I don't like the idea of a mandatory reset either

2nd of all, you would get all of your platinum back, and stuff like the prime access, Founder pack, event loot, and arcane helmets, that would all be kept.

Personally I'd still be opposed to it.  There is nothing to gain from a reset, at all.  Unless one also has a way of forcing amnesia on themselves they cannot ever have the new player experience like a new player will.  If one wants they can already just build a stock Excal/Loki/Mag/(Volt) along with snagging a MK-I Braton, Lato, and Skana as well as just setting their mod layout listing to Recent and going from there.

Even allowing a reset option is a waste of time in my opinion.  The only thing one cannot directly and easily recreate is the Mastery Tests, and if it wasn't obvious, that one small thing isn't even close to enough to warrant a reset.

Want to try the new player experience from a gear perspective?  No reset needed, just do it.  Nothing good is gained from such an option, and it opens up for more issues with support dealing with tickets of people who opt for a reset and then immediately regret their silly and pointless decision.  It's a waste of time for everyone involved.

I'd agree with a reset if it were optional to those who want it. 

Not too sure how someone can have a new player experience once they've done so much in a game. 

It won't be the same. 

All I can see is an endless grind of you getting back the things you already have now. 

Nothing new about it. 

Other than that, no I wouldn't be happy with this.

giphy-2.gif?w=1024&h=573

i wont see a reset ever happen mandatory or optional even when it will be optional i will see a big plat explote happen for example ( somone is planing to restet account he buyed a lot of plat lets say around 10.000 plat he tradi the plat to a friend bifoor the reset and after the reset he get all his plat back becous that what happen at last reset we had optian bifoor dojo when i recall good and he keep repeat it over and over )

so again i wont see it happen

sry for bad spelling

• 4 weeks later...

Well tbh, I don't see why a reset option isn't there. I wanted to delete my character due to not playing for a long long while, and I just want to experience the game again, but I can't due to no deletion option. Why shouldn't we have an option to delete our character if we want? If i do some $&*&*#(%& mistake early on, why can't I reroll without needing to make a new acc? If i can just make a new acc and play from scratch on it, why not just give us an option to play from scratch with our original alias like any normal online game...