Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Easy Fix For Mutalist Ospreys

kingtorint64

With all the complaints of the new ospreys going around, and the community divided whether they are a new, unique challenge or an OP murder machine, it's obvious that a fix is needed. What could that fix be?

It's easy, instead of procing toxic DOT, they proc viral. In their current state, these ospreys can in one hit, proc toxic and kill most warframes, even with vitality and antitoxin. If, however, they proced viral, instead of outright killing you, they would instead leave you vulnerable. No standard enemy should kill in one hit. The enemy should instead weaken you, leave you vulnerable to the killing blow, instead of doing the killing blow itself. Besides, no other enemy in the game can proc viral (besides powerfists), and this would help give infested more depth. In it's current state, the new osprey is punishing, and a few people like that, hey dark souls! But this isn't dark souls, this is warframe. In warframe, punishing is bad, depth is good.

TL;DR: give the new osprey a viral proc instead of toxic.

First people bag for challenge, and then they beg to remove it. TRY TO CHOOSE WHICH YOU WANT ALREADY!

Put a life strike on your melee weapon and be immortal.

This isn't a challenge, this is just straight up punishing. For it to be a challenge, the ospreys would have to proc viral. Besides, not to many people have life strike. The only reason I'm surviving this crap is Valkyr hysteria.

This isn't a challenge, this is just straight up punishing. For it to be a challenge, the ospreys would have to proc viral. Besides, not to many people have life strike. The only reason I'm surviving this crap is Valkyr hysteria.

You can always dodge the clouds and not walk straight into them. 

noob

I'm doing fine with my weak Loki.

Edited by Taikaponi

One proc doesn't kill Ash with a decently high level of Vitality, that would be exaggerating. You'd need several, which can easily accumulate even through fast missions considering the size of the fart clouds.

Well, I haven't tested it myself, but I've heard enough anecdotes to make the conclusion that an ash with vitality could die in only two lvl 30 toxic osprey procs.

You can always dodge the clouds and not walk straight into them. 

noob

I'm doing fine with my weak Loki.

Well, with Loki your doing invisible 24/7 so that's no better then my hysteria. If your not Loki/Rhino/Valkyr, it's quite often you get randomly knocked down or staggered and then osprey dived, toxic procs, your dead. That's punishing. 

Sure sucks if you decided to try playing melee only, like how the devs hyped up for U13.

Or if it spawns behind you.

Go invisible -> ospreys won't even see you -> you won't get rammed -> throw a Glaive at it

#LokiMasterRace

Go invisible -> ospreys won't even see you -> you won't get rammed -> throw a Glaive at it

#LokiMasterRace

Because everyone should be playing Loki 24/7, and no other 'Frame is worth our time. This is called Lokiframe, not Warframe, after all. We should also be playing solo for every mission, so that these Mutalist Ospreys don't attack one of our idiot non-master-race teammates and fart on us.

Edited by fishworshipper

#LokiMasterRace

And the other twenty or so frames?

I mean, yes, Rhino has iron skin. Valkyr has hysteria. Oberon has renewal and red balls from reckoning (though I'm doubtful either of those can heal fast enough to counter the massive DOT from these toxin procs), Trin's in a good place for healing, and Nekros can desecrate (less effectively because infested corpses vanish more than twice as fast as other ones.)

But there's a lot of frames out there that have no inbuilt means of regaining health.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Because everyone should be playing Loki 24/7, and no other 'Frame is worth our time. This is called Lokiframe, not Warframe, after all. We should also be playing solo for every mission, so that these Mutalist Ospreys don't attack one of our idiot non-master-race teammates and fart on us.

Sorry, let me correct myself.

#AshLokiAndValkyrMasterRaces*

Some Warframes are just better in some situations than others. For example, Nova and Frost are much better in Defense than Loki. While you have been complaining about the drones here on forums, I have been playing those new event missions fine without taking even any damage.

The Ospreys are fine. You just have to know what you're doing.

Edited by Taikaponi

Every frame has their own purpose. Not all of them are great against poisonous Infested.

There's "great" and there's "can't play at all because you'll get owned pretty much no matter what you do." A situation like the latter arising is something to be avoided because it's poor design. 

It's worse because Ember, the one who rationally should be amazing vs infested due to her theme, is mediocre at best.