Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You For Watching Devstream #31!

[DE]Rebecca

Pretty great stream! Thanks for talking about so many different things. I do have a question about the Series 3 helmets. I have yet to see the Triton helmet available through an alert and because of that I'm wondering, will new helmets no longer be available through alerts? Since they're purely cosmetic now, are they only available through the market? I really hope not. I like to collect all of them and having to pay for each individually would be such a bummer. 

Edit: I have one more question. Kubrows will require (according to Sheldon on several occasions) DAILY care. Now, I am a pretty hardcore player. Been playing since March of last year and I have over 1200 hours. BUT being required to play daily just to maintain the strength of your pet seems a bit silly. Maybe weekly or something but daily.. I don't know many people that have the time to play daily. Especially if that play is just preparation for the actual missions and such. Anywho, thanks again for the stream! :)

Edited by DerelictJustice

The new UI/Ships/Kubrow are all absolutely awesome-- Keep it up DE! TY as always!!  *Muffled dog whining sound in the background* TY Reb so much for  *scoliac sound effects* uhhh, always really sicking the community's questions on them relentlessly!!!!  *Tenno Screaming*  * Kubrow Gurgles all it's hair falls out and transforms into an Infested Kubrow*  

.... Ok I gotta run!...  Later guys! TY again DE :-)  

***No Kubrow's were Harmed during the typing of this post*** 

I have to say, it was damn worth it to clip off some time and watch the stream. It was so much fun to watch, thank you very much :) goof around :D

I also very much appreciate the time you take, going over that 1 hour more often than not, just to bring us information. I'm pretty sure that you'd rather want to spend this hour fixing and creating things but I tip my hat for you taking this time, every other week. Doesn't sound much, but sometimes it well might be.

Quest system for veteran players: Why not do what I always wondered why you never do it when you introduce something new in regards to tutorials? Just... let the tutorial display upon next login. Nothing lost this way. Show it. And hey, there is always the message system of letting you know, might even introduce a new tab right there. And upon next login - woosh, tutorial / voice over about the tab in your face. Hurts only once, promised.

Multiple Kubrows: I wonder why instead of debating how to deal with multiple copies or releasing them to the wild... why not just do the same thing like with Warframes, Weapons and Sentinels? Let us buy more slots if we want them. If you say they occupy the same slot as sentinels, well then go ahead and use this. I'd say your first Kubrow should not require a slot, like gear from the market. it comes with a slot. From there on, you decide if you either release it to the wild to make room for a new one, or if you keep on buying slots and "gotta feed them all." In terms of visualization, only your currently "active and cared for" Kubrow displays / is rendered.

Kubrows in general: There is only one thing I wonder; the attack animations look nice and all... but who prevents our Kubrow to be riddled with bullets while it is ripping out the throat of an enemy? Right. You face the same problem with Combos. Too lengthy combo removes your ability to react. So I'm concerned that Kubrows will be utterly worthless in high level content.

Kubrow Cosmetics: There is a money sink right here, if you allow people to buy a specific body build or fur pattern for platinum and thus skipping any possible cross-breeding requirements. Remains true to the paradigm of the game. Stuff still available with time and effort, but can be skipped with Platinum. Win-win.

Warframe Damage abilities: Why not doing the same like you do with mods? Percent based things everywhere. So that direct damage skill? Always doing X percent damage. To make this still badass in lower levels as we are used to, x % + flat damage = still killing things wonderfully on low levels due to flat damage, but remains useful on high levels due to percent damage. Sure needs tweaking, but allows endless scaling. Yes, no, maybe?

Liset: I beg you to make the "quick-HUD to access everything" not having any sub-menus to scroll to. I want my arsenal right there to click, and not somewhere else. If you think this is too much to put into one column... make two! Left hand, right hand projection -> left column, right column. Head follows your mouse cursor.

But of course I'm also concerned with loading times. The Hud bar on top was always a nice, clean thing to have and the starmap doesn't need to load long. If loading times and clickable access times increase...  then you've done it wrong, I'm sorry. Improve, not take a step back while you take a step forward. So again, I beg you, keep loading times and access times at least as fast as they are now. Because, logically speaking, the "quick UI" will always be slower than what we currently have, because it requires a keypress to bring up, instead of being just right on top of your screen :/

Starmap: same as above. Access needs to be as fast as we have it now, and only make it faster. But surprisingly, the most important thing for me is... resize the planets. It helps with navigation. You could tell instantly without planet names which planet is which, and not just because of the texture, but because of the size and relative position to the sun. Do not underestimate this.

Valkyr: I hoped to see ingame attack animations that have been showcased last live stream but there wasn't so I just drop this here; why does VALKYR, who has basically KNUCKLE weaponry more KICKS than Kogake/Obex ? Err...?

New Frame: I think we need a new catch phrase for Booben now. Because it seems the REAL BOOBEN will hit the stage :3 Booben and Mooben - engineered love.

Training Room space argument: We can build an obstacle course and an observatory, and there are elevators to be used wisely. I don't think SPACE is the issue :P I do believe you every second of that day it cannot be just "art'd up and shipped." But I guess just keep it small. A place with stationary test dummies for checking out melee combos in patience and testing weapon damage, I guess that is a good place to start which isn't so big.

Thank you soooo much for the livestream...you guys being coy with the new warframe huh? I think I have an idea of what she can do and it definitely harkens back to the old days of warframe when you guys made Loki and Excalibur. Thanks for the reactor and the catalyst as well. Love it.

damn I just gotta say...please let me have more than one kubrow....pweedie plz....just like how you can have more than one sentinel. you can do it DE!

much love =D

Guess what? If you wanted a Catalyst, I have great news! We just saw Lotus at Potato Bulk Ltd. and she had so many Catalysts in her grocery cart, we are certain they will be put up as a Gift from the Lotus soon!

You're such a peach!  ;)  

Thanks so much, what a nice surprise.  =)

But as always, I have to pick on something, and this is not a nitpick; it's a serious concern. It's about "bandaid mods" and Scott's response on it.

Scott commented on the concern of mods acting as bandaids, such as Handspring, and he responded saying that those mechanics are there for the sake of balance. Unfortunately, I completely disagree with that and I don't see how that's any kind of balance, since it mostly just restricts responsiveness in gameplay as well as avoiding the problems in balance in the first place.

If things like handspring made it into core mechanics, DE themselves would be able to balance gameplay and enemies out in a way that conforms to the new responsive system, potentially making more skill-based gameplay and actions.

I must say I'm very disappointed by this reasoning that "these mods are there for a reason." The only reason they are there is because there's a lack of responsiveness in what could have been gameplay based on the player control, not mod and RNG or percentage control.

Anyway, thank you very much again, and for staying longer than the usual time. For what it's worth, I appreciated it.

Pretty much the same thought i had when heared Scott saying that. Instead of seeing that a gameplay mechanic needs modification or be thought over they just released this mods as a half hearted counter to the problem which also requires a player to waste mod slots, rather than give the players an element of controll that allows them to overcome the issue.

The mentiod knockback being the worst offender. The way Scott talked about it, makes him look very distached from the experience most players have with the game. For example he says how "skilled" players won't be mad about knockback because they can always avoid it. The problem is that i see everyone from mastery 1 to mastery 15+ being constantly hit by the knockback. There is no such things as people being "ninja" enough to avoid it. EVERYONE gets hit by it sooner or later and many people i met in the game call it annoying too.

There are reasons why so many players, especialy of high mastery in high level areas, are running around with Rhinos and one important is the immunity against knockback that iron skin provides.

Likewise Steve mentiod that all the new enemies chosen by the DC have knockback attacks, joking that it's because players want more knockback. I would like to counter that they also had some of the prettiest pictures and that they were in a selection chosen by DE beforehand given to a minority of the players.

I would also like to note that the Grineer Maniac drawing actualy includes an idea for how players can counter it without requiring anti-knockback mods. Mainly the Excalibur pressing his Lato to the Maniacs chest (being able to shoot him off). If we could get that mechanic into the game with the Maniac i would tollerate it's knockback focus more.

Only because we don't have players constantly complain about it on the forum, doesn't mean it isn't driving a majority of the community mad or has allready done so. It might just be the affected people having resigned over the problem.

Ignoring the issue and just throwing in bandaid mods to have something to counter the critics doesn't really sound like the best option. Even if such acts might just to delay fixing the issue with gameplay.

It's something that bothered me about melee 2.0. It's a nice and great addition to the gameplay (though it might still need improvement) but it's something that i feel should have been in the game long time ago, rather than nearly one year after the game had gone open beta. Also guess what? Their first reaction to people complaining about how useless blocking was, was to release a bunch of mods that were supposed to improve it, but instead just ate up mod space (being somewhat usefull now).

Perhaps one day we get the manual override against knockback attacks. Shooting off the maniac, cutting through the cable of a Scorpion while pulled towards her, or being able to flip our characters up quickly (which would be VERY NINJA LIKE). Manual actions which the previous bandaid mods can complement. But when that happens i will once again have the feeling that it should have been done a whole lot earlier.

I appriciate all the work they still do on the game, but it just feels headless or disconnected sometimes and bandaid mods and unused gameplay possebilities just reinforce the feeling.

Edited by Othergrunty