How To Fix Iron Skin.

BloodKitten

allow enemies to knock down rinho no matter what, with exception of corpus door laser.

simple, and they keep thier limited god mode.

The knockdown and status resist is the main strength of iron skin. The actual 800-1200 health is near useless in level 30+ play.

Why exactly should Rhino lose one of his greatest strengths when something like Loki happily runs through the game while permanently invisible?

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Iron Skin is rather overpowered in low-tier missions because of how little damage the enemies do, but as soon as the enemies start doing some significant damage, it becomes completely useless.

Tell me of ONE skill, that is not entirely utility, not overpowered in low-tier missions.

Iron Skin is a very balanced skill, in my opinion. Sure, it seems overpowered in lower level missions where the damage enemies do is negligible, but once you get into level thirty or higher, you don't use Iron Skin so much for it's damage nullifying ability, but for it's resistances.

Instead of nerfing, why don't we buff weaker frames?

You know, Warframes? Those things that haven't power creeped at all since the Aura boost?

Weapons have doubled in DPS, Warframes have only gotten weaker (based on slash and toxic procs)

This.

I keep saying that powerful Warframes only seem to be overpowered in comparison to Warframes that are underpowered. These Warframes, like Banshee and Ember, need to be buffed so that they can be on par with other Warframes like Rhino and Loki.

Warframes are supposed to be OP. I say quit nerfing Warframes that look overpowered, and start buffing the ones that are underpowered.

This.

I keep saying that powerful Warframes only seem to be overpowered in comparison to Warframes that are underpowered. These Warframes, like Banshee and Ember, need to be buffed so that they can be on par with other Warframes like Rhino and Loki.

Warframes are supposed to be OP. I say quit nerfing Warframes that look overpowered, and start buffing the ones that are underpowered.

Because there is something called power creep. There needs to be buffing AND nerfing to achieve balance, and i just shake my head when people bring up the excuse of iron skin being ate through in high level play means its not powerful, its still a 1200+ buffer over your max health and shields and blocks many statuses in the game. Its not like it costs a lot to just recast it.

Nah.

Iron Skin preventing debuffs is what makes Rhino helpful.

He can immediately get to fallen teammates through crowds of enemies and revive them without being slowed or knocked down. Thats the biggest strength of the skill. Remove that and you remove way too much of the big guy's utility, because all of his other skills can be performed by other frames but his have way less power. Being able to PROTECT his team is his real strength. Stomp and roar are just icing on the cake.

If you ruin iron skin, you ruin Rhino and turn him into a crappy fat Excal.

And i listed accordingly

Youre wasting more energy casting these abilities than what you could get with another tactic

Though, you only listed "ultimate" abilities. Sincerely, yes, 100 power are a waste to use on low level enemies you could literally just stare at them to kill them. 

Edited by ConcretePie

or they could move rhino further into the solar system where iron skin doesn't appear OP when it isn't.

really 1200 hp is a 1 hit later on.

have your tried using it on the current event? you'll lose your skin in under 1 second.

im going to guess that you have never played as rhino have you? Because if you did, you would know that higher level enemys will destroy iron skin in a matter of seconds. Iron skin is mostly used at higher levels to be able to resist knockdown. It isn't OP unless you're fighting low level enemys which couldn't kill you even if you didn't have it active.

People need to stop with the "Iron Skin is useless at higher levels" fallacy.  Having a 3k HP buffer is never useless in any of the game's usual content, and the ability to resist CC is golden. 

I would leave it alone; it's a crutch for lazy players, and that's OK.  Let casual players use Rhino, and use whatever frame you like.