Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Solution To Multiple Kubrows

Sageofbattle

So, like many of us who watched the livestream, I kinda don't like the idea of having to release kubrows that you have worked on so much and got attached to, but at the same time, I want the ability to remake my kubrow if it doesn't suit me without getting rid of them. 

Listening to the entire genetics stuff that the devs laid out got me thinking: With how advanced the Orokin were,  what's to say they didn't have the ability to rewrite the Kubrow's DNA on the fly?

A quick example of this is say I have a stalker Kubrow, but I want him to be a hunter. What I would do is obtain the genetic coding and then go to the genetic foundry and pop it in. Once done, my kubrow would be put into stasis for X amount of time as it's DNA is rewritten, and after that, out pops the same Kubrow with different abilities/attributes.

This solution allows for those of us who get attached to out pets to get new things out of them without having to abandon them in the process. 

i must nitpick: "A" solution to multiple kubrows.

also something like this would be nice if it could be done in time. basically use the genetic foundry to "do over" the kubrow without actually having to raise one over again AND without using any puppy blenders.

I agree with OP pretty much, I don't see why they had to go with this level of complexity on the Kubrows, I mean it is appreciated thay they're complex but they way they seem to be going may be a little too much.

And mind you I specially agree on the breeding part, not only will it be moar grinding but this time there is the factor that they want us to grow a Kubrow, to interact and get attached to it only to just toss it aside when we get a prettier looking/better one.

The reason you can't have more than one Kubrow at a time isn't a lore reason, it's a gameplay reason.

No here really seems ot be complaining about not being able to have more than one, but more on the fact that you are forced to grow and do a whole process of attachment with a Kubrow, but you won't be able to get the one you want unless you find someone who is willing to breed (and I bet there will be a-holes who will charge for it) and then toss the one you spent so much time on aside just like that, instead of a more simplified (and less antagonistic to the whole 'get a pet of your own' idea) way to do things.