Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Trinity And Oberon

Retrikaethan

so... one of the issues with oberon is trinity. trinity fully heals the shields and health of all team mates regardless of where they are in relation to her. what this means is that oberon has some seriously obnoxious difficulty in healing others when compared to trinity. (you basically become useless if theres a trinity in the team and you're running oberon)

this brings me over to my pair of suggestions on how to deal with this issue. first would be to nerf trinity's blessing (again) because lets face it, infinite range and absolutely no dependence on strength means you can do whatever you want to build for the other skills (or around the damage reduction) and still have an amazing heal. this, i think, should change. my suggestion would be to have the amount restored be based in power as a percent healed. (how to integrate this into the damage reduction count would be to have the, for example 50%, healed as the full heal required to breach into 100% damage reduction. so instead of basing the damage reduction based on total percent healed, have it based in how much of the heal is not wasted.) AS WELL, reduce the range from infinite to a still very large radius but not so large that you can hit people outside of a medium sized block. (kind of like mag and crush being very long ranged as a base, and stupidly long with mods). the point of this would be that oberon's heal would not have to compete with something obscenely powerful even when in the same group as well as bringing trinity in line with other warframe's ults.

that was suggestion one, suggestion two does nothing to trinity but instead focuses on oberon's heal and matching it to trinity's while stepping it down to a 3 ability. my suggestion would be to make the ability continuous, however, fired the same way as it is now. meaning, you cast and the balls seek out team mates, once struck, they are continuously healed until you cancel the effect. (this should not hinder oberon's ability to cast his other abilities or root him in place). to keep this from being ridiculous, the cast time would have to be long and the initial cost of the cast be large. however, the upkeep should be about the same as the others, if not more. duration and strength ought to work in tandem to increase the speed of the healing. (a nice touch would be that the heal also targets sentinels, just to match trinity)

i don't know how well either suggestion would be received, but regardless, thank you for taking the time to read. :D

As someone who owns and plays both frames I would say that while trinities heal is stronger, it is also a number four ability and costs 100 energy to cast. While I agree that this may make Oberons third move heal seem redundant, it does not. I am not saying that Oberons heal on 3 couldn't be buffed a little, or altered to a 'cost to maintain' in the way Nyx's ult was recently.

But you also have to remember that if there heals were the same, they would lose some of their individual identity. Oberon is a great paladin, it doesn't just provide it's group with heals, it offers health orbs on fourth ability that heal sentinels/pets and also offer significant benefit to people with the equilibrium mod. The Oberon also has an area denial on two that is very useful in siege situations or if you want to DOT enemies coming through a choke point. You have smite on one which in tight spaces against multiple threats can be very useful to adding to the damage output of your group mates.

So you want to make Oberon the main healer when there's a Trinity? How about no. Trinity is a full support, nerf her ultimate again and she'll be almost useless. Oberon is there like a secondary support when both of them are in the same team.

When you're using an Oberon and there a Trinity, just focus on your damage skills because Trinity is there to support the team.