Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Non-Rare Mods Are Useless U14

FuzzyRamen

If I hear it right from the Dev stream #31 your mods have 3 variations. Meaning there is Common, Uncommon, and Rare. So for example Serration mod is Uncommon which mean it is totally useless now because there is a Rare version now. I call complete BS, so all the fusion cores and time wasted to get them maxed is a complete waste. I am pretty damn sure they will compensate with legendary core and DE will say go farm the rare version under the good RNG system we have. Little scared after they nerfed "balanced" warframes recently and kinda drove them into some what of an extinction.

Edited by fuzzyramen

If I hear it right from the Dev stream #31 your mods have 3 variations. Meaning there is Common, Uncommon, and Rare. So for example Serration mod is Uncommon which mean it is totally useless now because there is a Rare version now. I call complete BS, so all the fusion cores and time wasted to get them maxed is a complete waste. I am pretty damn sure they will compensate with legendary core and DE will say go farm the rare version under the good RNG system we have.

tbh....all the farming and maxing that we founders have done.....one legendary core would not cut it....

Edited by sekushiiandee

i think what they said was more like this:

basic serration for when you start. you level it up> find normal serration> fuse basic serration to it in order to keep all the fusion work. it was just a raw example they gave, so take it easy guys.

I have no idea what they meant with what they said. Let's just wait for the update and see how it turns out.

from experience.....every time we let things turn out.....they seem to always pull the game into the wrong direction and the only thing we can do is watch it burn....

basic serration for when you start. you level it up> find normal serration> fuse basic serration to it in order to keep all the fusion work. it was just a raw example they gave, so take it easy guys.

The terms they announce is scary, like nerf, and rare Serration...because if they really mean it, they just screwed us. We can't spawn mods like Devs can, we farm under the system called RNG.

Edited by fuzzyramen

from experience.....every time we let things turn out.....they seem to always pull the game into the wrong direction and the only thing we can do is watch it burn....

It burned pretty damn well from the nerfs we recently gotten.

I wouldn't mind this system at all. I can grind for the pieces, Path of Exile has prepared my body for grinding, so long as I can upgrade the rarity to something better and keep the fusions.

Otherwise, I'm gonna be quite a bit disappointed, because I just managed to get my serration to max not too long ago.

so, maybe like this?

new player gets a common serration easily. it ranks up to 5, gives maybe 10% per rank.

the current serration is the uncommon version. it gives 15% per rank and ranks up to 10.

now, if they add a rare serration that gives 20% and ranks up to ten...

i wouldn't mind such a system at all.

it's not even a nerf, it's more options, a better start for newbies and another endgame goal for those of us with 1000+ hours.

sure, it would bloat the whole drop table threefold, but for all i care right now, bring it on.

so, maybe like this?

new player gets a common serration easily. it ranks up to 5, gives maybe 10% per rank.

the current serration is the uncommon version. it gives 15% per rank and ranks up to 10.

now, if they add a rare serration that gives 20% and ranks up to ten...

i wouldn't mind such a system at all.

it's not even a nerf, it's more options, a better start for newbies and another endgame goal for those of us with 1000+ hours.

sure, it would bloat the whole drop table threefold, but for all i care right now, bring it on.

I fear it would end like this.

common serration - drop from detron crewmen, 3% per rank 

uncommon serration - drop from stalker and something else 10% per rank

rare serration - well F*** you, drops only from j3 golem, ofc there is a key you must craft from rare components from rare mobs within new tileset and boss itself have only 0.001% chance to drop it. 15% per rank.

Edited by Davoodoo

rare serration - well F*** you, drops only from j3 golem, ofc there is a key you must craft from rare components from rare mobs within new tileset and boss itself have only 0.001% chance to drop it. 15% per rank.

Afraid it will be so... But i'd prefer mods completely overworked and changed -

-- should help what we should look at rather than playing with rng.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzjXa1U_uxI

pretty much all games with weapon customization has range to test them too...

Ummm....this makes new players not want to play the game, if that happens they will have less players and less people to deal with.

So to solve the 'new players getting essential mods' problem we're diluting the drop tables even further? Jesus.

kind of curious how it would work with my maxed serration and such though, if i've gotta start over or do ranks 9 and 10 again, to hell with it.

So to solve the 'new players getting essential mods' problem we're diluting the drop tables even further? Jesus.

kind of curious how it would work with my maxed serration and such though, if i've gotta start over or do ranks 9 and 10 again, to hell with it.

Don't worry you just have to find a "Rare" Serration, if they intend to say what I think they are saying.

Does seem like it'd exacerbate the power creep issue if anything.

I mean, presumably these 'rare' versions of serration and such would do more damage as fubukin suggests, otherwise what's the point?

They did just introduce T4, looks like power creep isn't something they're trying to avoid but rather leaning into.

Don't worry you just have to find a "Rare" Serration, if they intend to say what I think they are saying.

Ahhhh alright, doesn't sound that bad then. ranks 9 and 10 are hell compared to the rest

Edited by (PS4)Tego818