Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feline Fans Unite - Feline Companion Poll & Megathread

Why not just breed Kubrows until you get one that fits your needs? Something sleek, with a smooth coat, maybe? Hell, even the behaviour of your Kubrow can be bred into something like a cat.

Also, Kubrows aren't dogs. They lay eggs for heaven's sake! Anatomy-wise, they actually seem closer to hyenas (not that kind) and Platypi.

Edited by Corvid

Why not just breed Kubrows until you get one that fits your needs? Something sleek, with a smooth coat, maybe? Hell, even the behaviour of your Kubrow can be bred into something like a cat.

Also, Kubrows aren't dogs. They lay eggs for heaven's sake! Anatomy-wise, they actually seem closer to hyenas (not that kind) and Platypi.

Sadly a Kubrow isn't a cat. 

o.o yeah you dont get the fear factor with cats like you do dogs. (they dont have beware of cat signs for a reason XD)  im not a big fan of cats in battle :S just cant see it being all that useful. But I think you should wait for the kubrows to come out before criticizing them because your not a dog person. Who knows they may have that cat like quality that you like

And that means that llama cats that lay eggs are extinct, too?

I don't think so, sir.

Yeah, but that's the thing - isn't it?

Kubrow isn't really a Dog any more then it is a Hyena or a Bear. It's a cool in-between made up thing. A Not-Dog.

And if it was possible to get one with more Feline traits in place of the Canine ones then it'd be a Not-Cat - as that other poster he replied to kinda touched on.

But we're not gonna end up gettin a Cat. Just like we aren't getting a Dog. So I just found it odd how he reacted to that post with "But it isn't a Cat."

My honest opinion on the whole thing is pretty flexible. As always I'm in support of 'More possible > Less possible'. I figure somewhere down the line it'd be wicked to see DE adding new Wildlife and the ability to meld this DNA and the respective beast's unique traits into a Kubrow to alter it's attitude and appearance.

What if they add a Sabretooth-like Beast on Europa? Time to splice it in for a more Feline Kubrow.

Sand-Skates? Splice it in for a crazy bald desert monster critter.

I mean hell - why not? The rules are whatever DE says they are, right?

While it would be pretty cool to have a large feline following me around the map, the fact of the matter is the amount of time it wold take to make and code them into the game, I mean consider how long it has been taking with the Kubrows. To make new models and set up more stuff would take some time, if DE does end up deciding to do this, once kubrows are fully added it will most likely get pushed back on the priority list as it wouldn't warrent spending alot of time on, with it really not being all that different from the kubrows. Either way I too would like this but I think there is too much on the dev's plate right now