Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feline Fans Unite - Feline Companion Poll & Megathread

Yeah, but that's the thing - isn't it?

Kubrow isn't really a Dog any more then it is a Hyena or a Bear. It's a cool in-between made up thing. A Not-Dog.

And if it was possible to get one with more Feline traits in place of the Canine ones then it'd be a Not-Cat - as that other poster he replied to kinda touched on.

But we're not gonna end up gettin a Cat. Just like we aren't getting a Dog. So I just found it odd how he reacted to that post with "But it isn't a Cat."

My honest opinion on the whole thing is pretty flexible. As always I'm in support of 'More possible > Less possible'. I figure somewhere down the line it'd be wicked to see DE adding new Wildlife and the ability to meld this DNA and the respective beast's unique traits into a Kubrow to alter it's attitude and appearance.

What if they add a Sabretooth-like Beast on Europa? Time to splice it in for a more Feline Kubrow.

Sand-Skates? Splice it in for a crazy bald desert monster critter.

I mean hell - why not? The rules are whatever DE says they are, right?

They're gonna add more than just the Kubrow I'm sure, I just really want something other than it in the future. I'll absolutely love and take care of my Kubrow until that time, however. 

While it would be pretty cool to have a large feline following me around the map, the fact of the matter is the amount of time it wold take to make and code them into the game, I mean consider how long it has been taking with the Kubrows. To make new models and set up more stuff would take some time, if DE does end up deciding to do this, once kubrows are fully added it will most likely get pushed back on the priority list as it wouldn't warrent spending alot of time on, with it really not being all that different from the kubrows. Either way I too would like this but I think there is too much on the dev's plate right now

I have the same mindset. I'd prefer that they focus on revitalizing other parts of the game before they add more. I just want the community to express their interest in some sort of feline companion that works alongside the Kubrow mechanics.

well then i want a divine being for a pet

I'd buy that for a dollar.

They're gonna add more than just the Kubrow I'm sure, I just really want something other than it in the future. I'll absolutely love and take care of my Kubrow until that time, however. 

Considering we're already splicing Kubrows up might as well make them an all in one deal, kinda like I implied. Wanna Cat-like Kubrow? Get the necessary Kubrow DNA and then snag some Cat-like DNA. Know what I mean? Honestly I think it'd be awesome. It also works in conjunction with the 'Only one Kubrow' thing they talked about in the Livestream. No need to increase the size of the Liset to accommodate multiple large animals, just make it so the Kubrow has lots of outcomes of all the different types you could want.

Yeah, but that's the thing - isn't it?

wat

It's a cool in-between made up thing.

Ehm... Yeah?

But we're not gonna end up gettin a Cat.

Hmm...

Just like we aren't getting a Dog.

If... You're a nitpick. Me? I'm going to continue calling it exactly what it looks like.

So I just found it odd how he reacted to that post with "But it isn't a Cat."

Because... They're not cats. I don't see how it's odd to say that. You've seen the Kubrows, right? What they look like? Both wild and genetically domesticated? They don't look like cats, do they? So, I think it's perfectly fine to say they aren't cats, because nothing about their morphology implies any apparent relation to the felidae species, while it is much more in line with canidae.

why not? The rules are whatever DE says they are, right?

...puh...

Then what was the point of all of this?

Fun fact: Genetically, hyenas are felines.

Edited by FatalX7

Problem with Animals of the Feline mindset is, that, although most cats I've owned were lovey dovey as hell. They ain't going to listen to a single @(*()$ thing you say. They recognize you as the person who feeds and loves you, and a large one such as a tiger would defend you. But it won't outright fight for you in the manner the Tenno would need. Its why there are only Guard Dogs, or K-9 Units.

when reading your title i actually imagined the domesticated cats running around with you and clawing their way to enemy lines! lol

make them BIG CATS! like saber tooth tiger BIG CATS! hahaha!

P. S. and while your at it, why not add a pet system entirely! like dogs/kubrows, cats, falcon/eagle or relatively large birds!

No Thank You on the cat idea. Let's see how the dogs turn out first. An unnecessary complication that would rob resources from other projects

i think the TS does mean after the kubrow... i mean DE wont just put everything in unless it has some sort of stability right? its basically a suggestion and not something TS wants right away along side with the kubrow update...

P. S. and while your at it, why not add a pet system entirely! like dogs/kubrows, cats, falcon/eagle or relatively large birds!

I have to agree with this but only after testing the kubrow a bit and fixing some other things+adding more things like story. (And I believe if they add other animals reptilian creatures would be nice like gators, lizards, geckos, etc)