Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bringing Back The Old Infested

Basalto

When I started playing Warframe, there were those Infestation missions. Boy, it was amazing. You know when you see an Ancient running towards you and your whole team had to fire on his head to actually deal damage? Or when toxic crawlers released a toxic cloud and runners dealt more than 50 damage to your shields? We need the old Infestation back. Nowadays, I can pull a Vauban and start meleeing Infested without the fear of dying (except to toxin). It just became too easy to kill them. No, better. It became to easy to kill them without facing consequences. They are literally diseased creatures. If they really have something in them, wouldn't it be nice if some of them released what's in them? I want see toxic crawlers making my health go down again. I want to see runners devastating my shields and health with a single blow. I want to see the Tenno fighting the Infested with equal force.

We got a Soma? They got toxic clouds and huge Acients that will take your shields down and poison you with a toxin. Good game, well played.

Cant say about their overall strenght, but I always found infested to be fairly easy to kill always. Even the ancients were just pushovers due to their large size
Poison is something I myself die to infested all the time, especially with the new cursed ospreys. With the removal of lingering poison clouds. it has become a lot more tolerable, though I still find myself battling for my life when there are +20 infested swarming around me and some bloody crawler kills me with poison. It feels cheap, though now its a lot more tolerable.

Have you played the event that's out right now? Cuz buddy, there are toxic clouds everywhere.

Actually, that's all due to one unit, the new ospreys.  That's it.  The only threat from the Infested faction is their ridiculous pwn auras.

Cant say about their overall strenght, but I always found infested to be fairly easy to kill always. Even the ancients were just pushovers due to their large size

Poison is something I myself die to infested all the time, especially with the new cursed ospreys. With the removal of lingering poison clouds. it has become a lot more tolerable, though I still find myself battling for my life when there are +20 infested swarming around me and some bloody crawler kills me with poison. It feels cheap, though now its a lot more tolerable.

Then go even further back, and make runner suicide explosions stagger once more.

In the bad old days of Closed Beta, they would chain gang and suicide (much more aggresively and quickly than they do now), putting you in perpetual staggerlock. You would recover in time to eat the next staggerblast. No way to get free, and even the "immortal" QT + Rage combo that was available then would eventually un-sync and fail given the endless stream of them that keep coming at you.

• 2 weeks later...

Then go even further back, and make runner suicide explosions stagger once more.

In the bad old days of Closed Beta, they would chain gang and suicide (much more aggresively and quickly than they do now), putting you in perpetual staggerlock. You would recover in time to eat the next staggerblast. No way to get free, and even the "immortal" QT + Rage combo that was available then would eventually un-sync and fail given the endless stream of them that keep coming at you.

I think this staggering should be back. Less intense, of course, but the runners used to be something I feared, even when I had some nice defensive mods. Now Infested are too easy to kill. It's just a slash weapon and you slice them all (except in higher levels. Then that's 2-3 slashes).

I have to agree, even though i am scared about toxic ancients and scumbag disruptors, everything else is just meh. Runners are biggest joke of them all, even in higher levels their dont do anything worth of notice. Any solid melee weapon with slash dmg as main dmg just cuts through them easily. Only ancients  survive long enough to actually hit player.