Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shadow of the Dead Infested Drone Bug

Siekier

With the most previous update of Operation breeding grounds the new mob, Mutalist ospreys has been added but with the addition of this new mob after you kill them and spawn them in with shadows i noticed something, a different energy colored crawler being held by the osprey then my sentinel started to attack and kill it as well as the rest of my minions did the same, however this might be a slight problem. The bigger problem is sometimes you can not kill them and they become invincible and Make missions such as defense to be unable to be completed.

i ve had a worse situation, in orilict extermination, i used shadow of the dead , and the mutalisk osprey spawn with a crawler, but then the mission considered the crawler an enemy while he was an ally, and unlike the others shadows, the crawler just stays undefinatly and you can t shoot him since he s an ally, becausse of that we couldn t finish the mission :/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/251648-hotfix-1384/

Supposed to have been fixed with today's patch.

Huh, I didn't know that.Something must of gone wrong though I've got this bug nearly every time i spawn Shadows of the dead since the update. The only times i haven't was when i purposely stayed away from killing them or just didn't use shadows.

it's happened a couple times today that a crawler summoned from shadows of the damned got stuck in the floor on sechura.

the wave wouldn't end until it died (on wave 5, 10) or someone left.

I thought that was the only issue, but there's also an issue with enemies not showing up so you can finish the 5th, 10th, whatever wave.

and it's notlike the old problem with earth, where the infested would just get stuck... these guys just don't show up at all.

thank you for reading.

I know that Crawlers from those new flying infested annoying creatures are spawned as an enemy when someone uses Shadows of the dead. The thing is me and my squad are unable to kill it, causing the wave to be stuck. It won't die and run out like the other shadows of the dead. Look at this video (may still be processed): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2F1eD6fM_o&feature=youtu.be

Upon doing an infested exterminate with a friend of mine, we have discovered a bug with Nekros' Shadows of the Dead. First time playing through it, we did not expect one of the shadows to bug the mission; however, upon my leaving as the host of the mission, my friend discovered one of his shadows were to blame. When Nekros kills an infested drone and uses his shadows, the drone spawns with a crawler. If the drone and crawler were to aggro on an enemy, resulting in the drone dropping the crawler and the shadows would despawn, the crawler will remain. After killing the second-to-last enemy in the mission, the enemies will not spawn and will mark the remaining bugged shadow crawler as the last enemy. This bugs the mission and causes the mission to not be able to be completed.

Screenshots of the Drone and Crawler:

Drone is energy-colored, but crawler is not.

Crawler dropped and left behind.

As a footnote, my friend wanted me to write this in a more exciting way, but I refused because bug reports are meant to be upsetting and I did not feel like exaggerating 10000 crawlers spawning and wiping all enemies and the map, granting unlimited energy. :P

Yeah, it's bad enough that the Mutalist Ospreys sound like drowning cats but this glitch is something else entirely, had to abort a solid ODD because of it. Here's a picture of the actual problem (notice my Shades 'Ghost' ability activating from the SotD clones), our Nekros sucided hoping that the shadows will die with him, then left the session but the shadows still stayed making us unable to progress to the next wave.

Also can confirm this is occurring. Seems to only be happening if the drone is destroyed and res'd while it's holding the crawler; the crawler comes back but is neither friend nor foe and doesn't attack anything. It doesn't even have the right energy colors. It damages nothing and takes no damage. Also if there is a host migration the glitch-crawlers seem to revert to being standard enemies and can be destroyed allowing you to continue.

Edited by pyr0_storm

If a nekros uses his shadows of the dead ability and it summoms the crawler that those flying infested drop it wont die when shadows of the dead ends and will count as an enemy on defense missions but can not be killed and can not do damage. 

Have had it happen twice now and gotten us stuck in a defense mission had to leave and forfeit everything both times. both times it was a crawler and i am only assuming it was the crawler those flying infested drop because it is a different crawler from the rest and its new to the game.

sometimes if you use shadows of the dead and it spawns those mutalist ospreys the crawlers they carry will count as enemies and you can't kill them, Therefore if you use it on a defense mission the wave can't be completed. They do not die when the rest of the shadows do either. 

During an Orokin Derelict Defense I killed one of the infested osprey things and used Shadow of the Dead thinking I could spawn it back. I did but it had an electric crawler with it too and dropped it down on the ground. It fought and faded out as normal but this crawler never faded away like other Shadow of the dead things and stayed there...forever...it wouldn't die and wouldn't fade out so we were stuck at the same wave. Anyone else had this problem?