Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Rework (True Paladin)!

HavocWolf

interesting, but it doesn't really address that his renewal is..... currently underwhelming. one or more of his abilities still need a buff. or maybe they can bring back that quick thinking mechanic, since they changed the whole immortality mod thing anyway?

Well the thing is DE thinks it's immortal. But it isn't really.

Renewal previously allowed healing even when you are at max health or even at 0 health. This turn it into an insurance mechanic.

So when you died due to extreme damage or one shotted while with renewal active, renewal kicks you back to 20 health or whatever health value depending how much power strength you put into it.

You had a short invulnerability when standing up but if you don't get out of that ASAP, the next damage wave could likely kill you especially if it deals too much.

The most success I had renewal ressing me successful was 3 times in a roll due to fatal damage.

But more often you tend to die in the 2nd ress attempt if the damage was too heavy.

Edited by fatpig84

I highly doubt the Orokin  worship Excalibur or the other Tenno, if you would read Mag's codex entry, the Orokin saw the Tenno as impure mutant freaks.  I think, after the Orokin won the war, they saw the Tenno as heros to be celebrated, but there probably were the odd cults who worshipped the Tenno as gods.

If you read the excalibur codex entry you would know that tenno were seen as  "Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking enemies in a way they could never comprehend

Edited by Onae

Just get off my thread. I'm not gonna argue with you. This is MY take on Oberon and what should be done with him. NOT YOURS. Also, it is not a bad rework. You just don't like the way I am doing things. You don't like it? Go somewhere else. You have no idea what DE will do. You DO NOT need to work with his current abilities. You CAN but your do not HAVE to. Now get off my thread. Your an annoyance, and I am done with you.

Ha ha. Okay. This is your thread and you're going to ignore any feedback that doesn't support your remake. That's adorable.

It is a bad remake. I explained in detail exactly why. If you can't comprehend the concept, and if you are unable to try to "fix" Oberon without clumsily lopping off abilities, well, that's your own issue. The concept of design is poor. And this is not Oberon, this is just another Frame with a similar theme that you're throwing Oberon's name on.

Your idea will never happen. Anyone with a slight understanding of balancing and design is not going to say "let's just scrap the whole thing and hope that a new thing with the same face works out!". Bad, bad design. And you obviously have no intention of learning or understanding how balancing is actually handled in this game.

But here. Let's see about that remake, shall we?

Spear of Light/Divine Spear- Basicly you summon a spear of light, either from the heavens (or what ever the tenno believe in) or make a spear out of your energy and you toss it, going through enemies it hits and doing damage to each of them. Once it hits the ground, it explodes doing AoE damage.

Compared to this other ability called Spear of Light..

Creates a Spear of Light that can be thrown at enemies. The spear deals damage to all enemies in its path until it reaches the target and creates an explosion that deals more damage to enemies nearby.

First result when I googled "Spear of Light". It's not even original ideas. You're just ripping off skills from other games and throwing it at the forums like it's some kind of "fix".

Edited by Moderius

Ha ha. Okay. This is your thread and you're going to ignore any feedback that doesn't support your remake. That's adorable.

It is a bad remake. I explained in detail exactly why. If you can't comprehend the concept, and if you are unable to try to "fix" Oberon without clumsily lopping off abilities, well, that's your own issue. The concept of design is poor. And this is not Oberon, this is just another Frame with a similar theme that you're throwing Oberon's name on.

Your idea will never happen. Anyone with a slight understanding of balancing and design is not going to say "let's just scrap the whole thing and hope that a new thing with the same face works out!". Bad, bad design. And you obviously have no intention of learning or understanding how balancing is actually handled in this game.

But here. Let's see about that remake, shall we?

Compared to this other ability called Spear of Light..

First result when I googled "Spear of Light". It's not even original ideas. You're just ripping off skills from other games and throwing it at the forums like it's some kind of "fix".

This will be the last thing I'm going to say to you, then i am truly done with you. FEEDBACK is giving insight on the current topic or idea at hand. You are basically saying "Hey! Your idea sucks! Use mine as it is MUCH better than your's!". You're idea's are no better than mine until/(if) they are implemented . You have absolutely no idea what will and will not happen. MOST PEOPLE WANT A REMAKE. It's clear you do not know what happens in the community. Don't even bring up region chat because that talk nonsense all the time. At least EVERY SINGLE TIME I go in there.

Spear of light is a common name. It's not easy coming up with a unique name, at least for me. Also, I came up with that idea off the top of my head. Do you know how many games have an ability called Spear of Light that do that exact function? Also, I didn't see anything on that page that has my mechanic in it. I'm not ripping anything off. If you don't like spear of light, I have an alternate version of Smite.

This is MY interpretation of what should happen to Oberon. Right now, Oberon feels much more Druid-like and not Paladin like. He is labeled as a Paladin-type frame. So, actually, he SHOULD get a remake. So you're wrong and clearly have no knowledge about Oberon.

I also really do not know much about balancing. But as of right now, I'm not talking about balancing. I am talking about just changing the abilities to something more "Paladin-like". The reason I don't put stats is because I don't want to put overpowered stats and look like someone who is just trying to make Oberon the most overpowered thing since pre-nerf Nova. But, it seems you don't understand any of that.

Now please, do not come back to this thread. You are so focused on proving me wrong and trying to prove that my idea is stupid and bad, you have no clue how ridiculous you sound. Now please stop, as you are embarrassing yourself.

Edited by HavocWolf

You didn't see anything on that page that has the exact same effect as the ability you described, which I quoted? Okay. Sure. Denial is one way to go. I'm sure it's a total coincidence that the first result with the exact same name has the exact same effect, almost word-for-word.

I gave feedback: Your remake is not going to happen because of the multitudes of reasons I listed. You've made it pretty clear you don't care if it will "fix" Oberon or not, because you have made no indication that you even understand what's wrong with him. You don't even add any real utility, which is what Oberon lacks.

When you just turn around and say "Oberon isn't how I want him to be, so he should get a remake, you're wrong." I literally laughed aloud. You don't care about "fixing" Oberon. This thread is an insult to everyone who does.

You didn't see anything on that page that has the exact same effect as the ability you described, which I quoted? Okay. Sure. Denial is one way to go. I'm sure it's a total coincidence that the first result with the exact same name has the exact same effect, almost word-for-word.

I gave feedback: Your remake is not going to happen because of the multitudes of reasons I listed. You've made it pretty clear you don't care if it will "fix" Oberon or not, because you have made no indication that you even understand what's wrong with him. You don't even add any real utility, which is what Oberon lacks.

When you just turn around and say "Oberon isn't how I want him to be, so he should get a remake, you're wrong." I literally laughed aloud. You don't care about "fixing" Oberon. This thread is an insult to everyone who does.

Spear of light is a common name. It's not easy coming up with a unique name, at least for me. Also, I came up with that idea off the top of my head. Do you know how many games have an ability called Spear of Light that do that exact function? Also, I didn't see anything on that page that has my MECHANIC in it. I'm not ripping anything off. If you don't like spear of light, I have an alternate version of Smite.

I also really do not know much about balancing. But as of right now, I'm not talking about balancing. I am talking about just changing the abilities to something more "Paladin-like". That is what I am talking about when I say fix. Yes I know that he should be buffed a bit.The reason I don't put stats is because I don't want to put overpowered stats and look like someone who is just trying to make Oberon the most overpowered thing since pre-nerf Nova. But, it seems you don't understand any of that.

You're an insult to the very community of warframe. I care about Oberon more than any other frame. That is why I made this post, because i feel like he doesn't feel like the way he was intended to. A paladin. I am giving my opinion on what i think should happen. Whether my idea does or does not happen is not in my power. I think that my remake fixes and turns Oberon from a "Druid" into s "Paladin" like he was intended. What you're not getting is that I have no idea how to balance a frame. But I THINK I do know how to turn a frame into a better version of what they are meant to be. If you look back into the forum, you will see you and ONLY you (maybe one more person) disagree with me and you are the ONLY one focused on proving me wrong. Now, please just leave...

Edited by HavocWolf

You're an insult to the very community of warframe. I care about Oberon more than any other frame. That is why I made this post, because i feel like he doesn't feel like the way he was intended to. A paladin. I am giving my opinion on what i think should happen. Whether my idea does or does not happen is not in my power. I think that my remake fixes and turns Oberon from a "Druid" into s "Paladin" like he was intended. What you're not getting is that I have no idea how to balance a frame. But I THINK I do know how to turn a frame into a better version of what they are meant to be. If you look back into the forum, you will see you and ONLY you (maybe one more person) disagree with me and you are the ONLY one focused on proving me wrong. Now, please just leave...

You don't care about Oberon, you care about "Paladin Warframe". If you cared about Oberon you'd try to fix Oberon. Your idea of mashed-together abilities from other games is not Oberon.

You don't care about Oberon, you care about "Paladin Warframe". If you cared about Oberon you'd try to fix Oberon. Your idea of mashed-together abilities from other games is not Oberon.

I've given my reasons and shown that i DO care about Oberon. There are more than just balancing issues with him that need to be "fixed". He does not seem like a paladin as he was intended to. That is the part I am trying to fix. Hence the title of the thread is "TRUE PALADIN" not "BALANCING DRUID".

Edited by HavocWolf

Yes, you know better than anyone how Oberon is supposed to be. Silly me.

So which is it? You care about Oberon, or he's not at all the frame he should be? Can't have it both ways.

I can do both. I care about Oberon not being the frame he should be and decided to voice my opinion. Boom both ways.

Edited by HavocWolf

I can do both. I care about Oberon not being the frame he should be and decided to voice my opinion. Boom both ways.

So no. You care about your idea of Oberon. You don't care about Oberon.

Which I've already said. And I've already said that it's a selfish concept to try and change the core of a Warframe other players may like. And, again, it will never happen, for the entire list of reasons I've already gone over.

I tried to be nice and explain why your "rework" was never going to happen based on the history of actual reworks.. You responded by telling me to get "out of your thread". So clearly you are against any feedback that isn't applauding your ideas copied from other games.

So go on and parade your unoriginal, imbalanced, and ineffective rework. There are better, more original ideas in other threads where feedback is a real, actual thing, and not "agree or get out". And you can say I'm wrong over and over and over, but that will never make your "rework" any better.

So no. You care about your idea of Oberon. You don't care about Oberon.

Which I've already said. And I've already said that it's a selfish concept to try and change the core of a Warframe other players may like. And, again, it will never happen, for the entire list of reasons I've already gone over.

I tried to be nice and explain why your "rework" was never going to happen based on the history of actual reworks.. You responded by telling me to get "out of your thread". So clearly you are against any feedback that isn't applauding your ideas copied from other games.

So go on and parade your unoriginal, imbalanced, and ineffective rework. There are better, more original ideas in other threads where feedback is a real, actual thing, and not "agree or get out". And you can say I'm wrong over and over and over, but that will never make your "rework" any better.

Who are you to say what i do and do not care about. I care that Oberon is not the arch-type of paladin that the develepors intended him to be. So i guess i care enough to try and provide an alternative. DO NOT tell me what i do and do not care about as you have no idea what goes on with my and my feelings towards things.

So i guess everyone who wants Oberon changed, including you as you believe he should be changed as well, is selfish?

I accepted your feedback at first. But when you started saying my idea was bad and it would never happen, that is when i said leave.

I guess you're ideas are unoriginal as well? as a lot of people want a bump in armor and how renewal should grant armor to allies? 

I don't see how its unbalanced when there currently aren't any stats to go along with my changes? if everything had a value of one it would be underpowered. 

If you gave me ways to FIX my rework with the flaws you find. Instead of saying your idea is terrible use mine. I might react differently. Because what you want, is to put in as little work as possible and not actually fix the problem, instead you just want to band-aid it. It's like this, Oberon's engine is broken, you can either repair it and it might break down again in the near future, or replace it out-wright and it should last a long time.

Edited by HavocWolf

Meanwhile. In League Of Legends, the worlds most played game. Xerath. 

Seriously, like I said before, you can rework something, remove parts and still have it keep it's soul. 

I think keeping his 4 and still having an ability that heals, would be enough. 

The idea that the core of something is intrinsically linked to -ALL- of it's constituent parts is absurd. 

Meanwhile. In League Of Legends, the worlds most played game. Xerath. 

Seriously, like I said before, you can rework something, remove parts and still have it keep it's soul. 

I think keeping his 4 and still having an ability that heals, would be enough. 

The idea that the core of something is intrinsically linked to -ALL- of it's constituent parts is absurd. 

Thank you! Finally, someone agrees! The soul and core of the frame is not necessarily in the abilities, but in what the frame is intended to be! Oberon's soul and core is a paladin, and right now, he doesn't feel like one.

Edited by HavocWolf

If you read the excalibur codex entry you would know that tenno were seen as  "Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking enemies in a way they could never comprehend.

I believe the "Warrior-Gods" statement was referring to the odd and almost magical powers the Tenno possess, not actually about Tenno divinity.  Now, I do believe that some Orokin did worship the Tenno as gods, but I highly doubt the Orokin government did, which is the main party I refer to when I mention the Orokin.

Oh, this topic again. I agree that Oberon needs a buff but I also disagree whole-heartedly about his 2 being bad.

Y'all need to stack some hallowed in one spot and Wreckoning (sic) when something walks inside of it. Watch them melt into goo.

Seriously what is this "lack of synergy"? -3-

Remember Radial Blast?  Y'know the one that Roar replaced?

I don't think Moderius does.

I never said they don't scrap a single power. They don't scrap an entire warframe's kit. I'm sorry about the challenges you apparently having with reading, but clearly, I need to keep it more simple for you to understand. We would hate to see you clumsily misinterpreting my posts any more offensively than this.