Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Experience: Visual Effects

blackstraykitten

so i got friends play for a couple of weeks and this is some problems i got from them

1. INVISIBILITY

•they kept on falling into pits because when they turn invisible they cant see where their warframe is standing.

EDIT: this problem was due to setting effects to low

2.SNOW GLOBE

•they stay out of the globe to shoot enemies causing them to die.
•black energy cost 75 platinum and they dont really have that much platinum (free starter plat is 50).

3.UNDERTOW
•i advised them to use undertow when the new infested farts poison gas but undertow zooms in instead of zoom out so they dont actually see if its time to come out or stay in

4.CHAOS
•they thought everyone is an ally. (LOL. just lol).

5.IRON SKIN (prime)

•after hours and plats of customization iron skin will make them S#&$ bricks, golden bricks.

6.MOLT
•they thought molt was an infested enemy.

7.BLESSING
•they kept shouting "heal!" even after i cast it. (they thought there would be some kind of a ray of light)

8.WAR CRY / ROAR
•they dont know the difference between vay hek's debuff and valkyr's/rhino's buff. (both ar horizontal lines covering the warframe)

9.TURBULENCE
•he said; "turbulence is a smoke bomb not only against me(zephyr user) but against the whole team".

so...
some 'special' effects right? :D

Edited by blackstraykitten

1. It's not hard to see your Warframe, and the camera helps.

2. It's critical that they pay 75 Platinum for the Smoke palette?

3. Undertow is used for crowd control, not to avoid enemy traps.

4. There's a higly visible hologram in the enemy.

5. Is that a bad thing?

6. Not knowing what the skill does, doesn't help either.

7. The massive energy surge is also highly visible, and team mates have a temporary aura around them.

8. They don't know which skill they're using, or how much time left it has.

9. Barely.

Seeing as I am a doctor with a Ph.D I can inspect your friends to see what's wrong with them. So far, it looks like they have problematic eye sight, lower intelligence quotient than average, a lack of knowledge, and a long-time friend who cannot help them properly. So, you see, the problem is in your friends and you, not the game. Surely the effects are not proper at times, but that doesn't mean it's unplayable with them.

Edited by JRMC

So far, it looks like they have problematic eye sight, lower intelligence quotient than average, a lack of knowledge, and a long-time friend who cannot help them properly. So, you see, the problem is in your friends and you, not the game. Surely the effects are not proper at times, but that doesn't mean it's unplayable with them.

oh man.

you could just say that their eyes cant handle the effects

i know they are jerks at times but they still are my friends

Edited by blackstraykitten

also

1. It's not hard to see your Warframe, and the camera helps.

2. It's critical that they pay 75 Platinum for the Smoke palette?

3. Undertow is used for crowd control, not to avoid enemy traps.

4. There's a higly visible hologram in the enemy.

5. Is that a bad thing?

6. Not knowing what the skill does, doesn't help either.

7. The massive energy surge is also highly visible, and team mates have a temporary aura around them.

8. They don't know which skill they're using, or how much time left it has.

9. Barely.

i would like to point out that they were NEW PLAYERS.
DE needs to know what new players experience

so this thread is not for you to ridicule people.

i would like to point out that they were NEW PLAYERS.

DE needs to know what new players experience

But you're not. As far as I can tell, you've done nothing to help your friends. When I get someone to play, I make sure I teach them every aspect of the game, and guide them through, so they can enjoy the game, and not make it a half hour test-run.

But you're not. As far as I can tell, you've done nothing to help your friends. When I get someone to play, I make sure I teach them every aspect of the game, and guide them through, so they can enjoy the game, and not make it a half hour test-run.this 

and again this was feed back given by new players not me giving a tutorial on how to teach new players

me teaching them basic maneuvers and what things means and how things work is very different form them giving their feedback as new players

please think about what we were actually talking about before saying anything