The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Dislike For The Flying Infested

Whitewolf..UK..

I liked the Idea of having one faction where melee only was totally viable. But since we still can't hit flying units with melee weapons I'm not a fan anymore since I always have to bring a gun if my warframe does not have a projectile/aoe damage type of power

There's a challenge needed, yeah theyre annoying and i hate them too. (Geth Bombers from me3 anyone?) The toxic cloud needs a nerf, a little crazy, and also their health is a little too high for a small target. What can you do though? Only embrace the challenge, they should be fixed spawn wise in the future, and also navmapped correctly but i dont think they will be going anywhere anytime soon

I've only encountered them in the Breeding Ground event, however when my Rhino iron skin dropped for like, a second I took 500 damage before I got it up again.  Seems kind of excessive, especially when I have seen up to five of them flinging themselves about in a single room.

A little rework on its behaviors and spawn rate, and maybe either reducing the damage a bit or eliminating the toxic proc. Its fun to have a new dimension to the infested but seeing all those Loki (and other frames too) die in a second isn't a good sign of a balanced mob.

They are more annoying than fun to fight, so no I do not like them very much. They have ruined the ability to go melee only against the Infested, which was really the only faction that that was viable against. And they deal too much damage over too large an area, while also having broken hit detection making them a pain to kill. Even Penta blasts seem to not damage them from a foot away sometimes.

The Mutalist Osprey need better hitboxes, which the normal Osprey need too, so that shooting them in more than just the center of their body actually does damage. They should fly closer to the ground like Oxium Osprey so that you could hit them with melee. Either greatly reduce the size of their poison clouds, or change the damage type to something that does not ignore shields. And reduce their spawn rate by quite a bit. Then they would be much less annoying to deal with.

The main reason I find fighting the Corpus to be more annoying than the other factions is their Osprey, and now they have added that to the Infested too.

I liked the Idea of having one faction where melee only was totally viable. But since we still can't hit flying units with melee weapons I'm not a fan anymore since I always have to bring a gun if my warframe does not have a projectile/aoe damage type of power

So far I have killed them with the Staff, longsword, Nikana, Dual Swords ,Thrown weapon, Polearm,fist,hand/feet and whip all during combos. No coptering. Most stances have a ground to air attack now. Timing is the key. Hope this helps.

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

My radial disarm Loki says hi.

Grineer are melee too.

And yes, you CAN hit flying targets with melee.

Just have to use specific weapons to do so.

Edited by fatpig84

There's a challenge needed, yeah theyre annoying and i hate them too. (Geth Bombers from me3 anyone?) The toxic cloud needs a nerf, a little crazy, and also their health is a little too high for a small target. What can you do though? Only embrace the challenge, they should be fixed spawn wise in the future, and also navmapped correctly but i dont think they will be going anywhere anytime soon

they are annoying as hell and OP but leave it like that, its a challenge even if it makes the game not fun or not playable

I think the new infested are great...I wonder if the same people are going to complain again when the new moa or the next enemy or if you will accept the challenge. It brings a new dimension to the infested. They don't fly high....and they spawn enemies. Awesome.

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

I think the new infested are great...I wonder if the same people are going to complain again when the new moa or the next enemy or if you will accept the challenge. It brings a new dimension to the infested. They don't fly high....and they spawn enemies. Awesome.

Spawning enemies does not seem to be the problem.  Flying does not seem to be the problem.

Dispensing clouds and cloud paths of unblockable damage while being very difficult to hit targets seems to be the problem.

And getting swarmed by five small flying enemies who only do drive-by attacks while you are neck deep in a 360 degree swarm of Infested isn't a challenge.  It's a cheap shot.  "Get out of the way" only works if you can actually move...

I will discuss the other new enemies when they are released, as I can make no informed comment on them until they actually enter play.

I wish I had my MSI running. I managed to assassinate one of those Infested Ospreys. It was strange and odd.