Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Europa An Ice World Would Be Kinda Dissapointing

HappyApathy

The latest Devstream previewed the future Corpus Ice world tileset and judging by the fact Jupiter is shown in the background I highly suspect it is meant to be Europa, I however think turning it into an ice themed world (Pluto would fit better) to be a disappointing move considering the most interesting aspect we know of Europa is the fact it is one of the few places in our solar system to possibly have a large subsurface terrestrial ocean.

Europa is one of the few (if not only) candidates for something like an underwater/oceanic theme which with a bit of imagination (and supposed teraforming) could be logically plausible, while there are plenty of other cold icy worlds/moons that the ice theme could be applied to (once again most likely Pluto).

This is just some food for thought, just seems like a waste of a chance for a more interesting tileset instead of likely having to repeat the ice theme again when it comes around to doing Pluto or another cold desolate moon.

they can do whatever they want, if they feel like adding an underwater world later they can either create a new planet or put it on another one.

It doesnt matter for us if pluto is ice and europa is water or the other way around, does it?

I agree underwater bases would be super boss. However, and ice setting is appropriate for Europa's surface, assuming it didn't the same terraforming love other planetoids did. Pluto most certainly deserves to be a frozen wasteland. Probably not even that ice covered as it may not have enough moisture. Just a ton of cold rock. I should do some homework on Pluto, I guess.

they can do whatever they want, if they feel like adding an underwater world later they can either create a new planet or put it on another one.

It doesnt matter for us if pluto is ice and europa is water or the other way around, does it?

If that's the case why don't they just create a completely new node for the Ice theme right now and save Europa for later, I nominate Callisto, or Ganymede.

Otherwise they could just change the background to something appropriate for Pluto and save the Jupiter background drop for later, arguably though I'm not sure how far in terms of players progress they would want for this tileset to be used (Pluto been the last planet unlocked).

They could of course just apply a water theme to any planet they want, but it's nice when there is a bit of real world logic to back up the decision, I know of a number of people who take issue with the fact Venus has Corpus themed ice settlements when it in reality is the hottest planet in the solar system.

I know this is science fiction but it is nice to follow the science part when it also serves the creative fiction like making cities under the sea or enormous floating rigs on the ocean surface.

Edited by HappyApathy

Why not Europa? Ahhh, because players still hope for underwater tileset, I see.  Europa is the best planet to fit in Ice World. Underwater tileset would never happen in Warframe, we must accept this. :/ 

Never!

They made Hydroid. They can't do this to us man! They just can't! D:

Edited by Sutherland

Well Jupiter has like 67 moons or something... why has it to be Europa? There are several others to chose from also orbiting Jupiter so they don't have to change the damn skybox anymore. Just name it Io or whatever.

Edited by MeduSalem

Why not have bases in the ice of Europa that lead under the ice into a dark and scary under water world?(like the real Europa) AKA Why not both?

**EDIT**

Can you imagine if that got infested and all the lights were flickering, and then you see dark shapes move in the darkness of the ocean around you as you are forced to fight through hoards of infested in narrow spaces?

Edited by silkygoodness

While the ice theme will fit Europa, it would also pass on a number of other planets/moons without people crying foul over its use, on the other hand there are few world's where you can have expansive water systems/oceans without the science critics questioning its choice.

If you took that same ice tileset and placed in on Pluto some people might say things like "not enough moisture", or "needs to be rockier" but for the average layman it will pass, you take an ocean and place it on Pluto and almost everyone will agree something is wrong.

Edited by HappyApathy

[...] without the science critics questioning its choice. [...]

I've the feeling that most people - including DE staff - don't care about science in a game with "space magic" being the only answer to many questions.

Edited by MeduSalem

It's seem Ok , and you are already to late to stop it , they already made it so , don't waste your time to try cancel this

They said its "early on" in the Dev stream, not sure how far that means they have gone though.

I don't want them to cancel this, I'm not even sure if it is meant to be Europa, maybe they already plan to apply it an entirely new node, just existing evidence does highly suggest it's meant for Europa.

Edited by HappyApathy

Well Jupiter has like 67 moons or something... why has it to be Europa? There are several others to chose from also orbiting Jupiter so they don't have to change the damn skybox anymore. Just name it Io or whatever.

Because, of all the moons and planets Europa is considered the best candidate for life and possibly colonization, because it has water. Under the ice, scientist are pretty sure there is a big ocean. More so than any other stellar body (excluding Earth, naturally) it is a good candidate.

I've the feeling that most people - including DE staff - don't care about science in a game with "space magic" being the only answer to many questions.

You don't pick a science fiction setting if you don't care at all, lazy space magic aside.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

Because, of all the moons and planets Europa is considered the best candidate for life and possibly colonization, because it has water. Under the ice, scientist are pretty sure there is a big ocean. More so than any other stellar body (excluding Earth, naturally) it is a good candidate.

Actually now that I think about it its meant to be for "Crashed Corpus ships", not colonies :P, all the more reason to pick some unknown rock then one that could potentially be colonized.

The latest Devstream previewed the future Corpus Ice world tileset and judging by the fact Jupiter is shown in the background I highly suspect it is meant to be Europa, I however think turning it into an ice themed world (Pluto would fit better) to be a disappointing move considering the most interesting aspect we know of Europa is the fact it is one of the few places in our solar system to possibly have a large subsurface terrestrial ocean.

Europa is one of the few (if not only) candidates for something like an underwater/oceanic theme which with a bit of imagination (and supposed teraforming) could be logically plausible, while there are plenty of other cold icy worlds/moons that the ice theme could be applied to (once again most likely Pluto).

This is just some food for thought, just seems like a waste of a chance for a more interesting tileset instead of likely having to repeat the ice theme again when it comes around to doing Pluto or another cold desolate moon.

You realize Europa is completely frozen on the surface?