Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Space Dogs =/= Space Ninjas

grillv20

Who actually thinks that having a dog follow you around fits an actual space themed game? I can't be the only one that thinks this is just plain silly and ridiculous.

HOW IS A DOG GOING TO SURVIVE IN THE VACUUM OF SPACE WITHOUT JUST OUT-RIGHT DYING? yeah this is going to happen. imagine going into these new infested maps and just having your pet dog go? "screw outer-space im a space dog." 

Edited by grillv20

I'm still wrapped up in the Kubrow hype, so my post may be a bit biased but:

Tenno are more than just... space... ninjas. They're ninja-esque, but they're the remnants of a society/civilization that too had these Kubrow as pets.

Does the image of a Kubrow following a Tenno into battle, 'fit' in my mind? Yes. Before Warframe was cold, metal interiors. Now it features a lush, green Earth. It clicks, in my mind, that the Tenno would domesticate the pets of their ancestors-past.

Where in the lore does it say that they had pet dogs a long time ago? Or is this some new crap they invented recently so they can have dogs in the game.

Welcome to Warframe.

Edit: For clarity, they said in one of the Devstreams that Kubrows were once animals used by the Orokin, that had since feralized on Earth after the Orokin... disappeared.

Edited by Zerrien

Where in the lore does it say that they had pet dogs a long time ago? Or is this some new crap they invented recently so they can have dogs in the game.

Stated in devstreams I believe that the Orokin played around with genetic manipulation. The sand skates and jungles of Earth are proof of this in addition to the Kubrow codex entry.

And I think they fit in just fine with these reasons.

Stated in devstreams I believe that the Orokin played around with genetic manipulation. The sand skates and jungles of Earth are proof of this in addition to the Kubrow codex entry.

So you are telling me the sand skates have faces for a reason. 

Edited by Renegade343

So you are telling me the sand skates have faces for a reason. 

Well skates and rays have a 'face' in real life. What the Orokin did was made them able to live on land and in very dry conditions.

Edited by Maratropa

I agree with OP. I can't picture a "ninja" shoving a friggin llama sized dog through a vent on an important mission. The idea just seems to have been taken out of the blue for no apparent reason. And if my memory serves me right, didn't the devs say that there would be no dogs/cats/pets with legs at one time (not that it matters, just curios about what changed their minds)?

It will be interesting to see how the Kubrow copes with pathing and the way Warframes zoom all over the place. And how long it will take for it to be gang-banged by infested and Napalms.

It's all good and well to stick to the lore . . except there practically is none. To all intents and purposes, most of it is completely unknown except for tidbits

"Why do Warframes ride Space Giraffes?? That doesn't make any sense!"

"Nothing in the lore says we can't ride them either, so screw you!"

You mean the lore that is still being made, ye when lore it not finished things get added who new right.

In the Codex. 

Specifically: "After the fall of the Orokin, these former pets were left to fend for themselves. Only the most vicious survived, evolving into deadly pack hunters that now pervade Earth's dense forests. Intensely territorial, the Kubrow will attack any creature unlucky enough to cross their path."

Not the Tenno per say, but there's so many part of Orokin culture that the Tenno uses, I don't see why they wouldn't take the same pet. 

Edited by Kinperor

If you ask me they are way to big for corpus tile sets.

I mean.. be reasonable.. 4 tennos, 4 kubros in a single tileset.. just does not look right.

Oh and I have to sacrifice my carrier in order to use it. So unless they make him or any other sentinel pick up loot it's not worth using.

Who actually thinks that having a dog follow you around fits an actual space themed game? I can't be the only one that thinks this is just plain silly and ridiculous.

I think you are, and also the whole "Space Ninjas" thing is a really generalized way of saying what Tenno are, it's like calling Dogs four legged furry creatures, they are also a lot more than that. I think you may be a bit too wrapped up in the "Ninja" part of "Space Ninja". Not to say we don't have are moments, but Tenno are also warriors, and we had to fight a war. having a war dog just seems natural to me.

Yah... http://www.badicalextreme.com/archive/us/other/galford/galford3.jpg Ninjas and Dogs have never had a history in fiction of working together...

I mean... it's not like actual ninjas from reality weren't known for using animals to trick people into thinking the person they were chasing suddenly turned into an animal and escaped... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja

Turning off the snark here... no, I personally find no reason to think a ninja and a dog/kubrow can't work together.

NOW... if you want to talk about logistics and how things will get a bit weird, I'm all for that. For instance, when we do a space-extraction through our little stealth ship, and we clip onto the side of it... where does our Kubrow buddy go? Does he too leap into space? Without the protection of a suit, shield or the like? So the Kubrow just... dies then?

With a sentinel, they were robots or whatever Sentinels are... but Kubrows are unaugmented by technology, give or take some genetic tweaks... they can't survive the vacuum of space... but a sentinel could.

So yes, in that regard, I'm on board. But don't go acting like the idea of ninjas and animals is a weird and new thing for fiction, let ALONE video games... hell, a whole lotta ninja games have animal companions in them.

Yah... http://www.badicalextreme.com/archive/us/other/galford/galford3.jpg Ninjas and Dogs have never had a history in fiction of working together...

I mean... it's not like actual ninjas from reality weren't known for using animals to trick people into thinking the person they were chasing suddenly turned into an animal and escaped... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja

Turning off the snark here... no, I personally find no reason to think a ninja and a dog/kubrow can't work together.

NOW... if you want to talk about logistics and how things will get a bit weird, I'm all for that. For instance, when we do a space-extraction through our little stealth ship, and we clip onto the side of it... where does our Kubrow buddy go? Does he too leap into space? Without the protection of a suit, shield or the like? So the Kubrow just... dies then?

With a sentinel, they were robots or whatever Sentinels are... but Kubrows are unaugmented by technology, give or take some genetic tweaks... they can't survive the vacuum of space... but a sentinel could.

So yes, in that regard, I'm on board. But don't go acting like the idea of ninjas and animals is a weird and new thing for fiction, let ALONE video games... hell, a whole lotta ninja games have animal companions in them.

seriously, how is a dog going to survive the vacuum of space without just dying instantly lol. i would like to see this space dog do these new infested missions

strider hiryu

http://strider.wikia.com/wiki/Options

expect more "Options" in the future space ninjas

sidenote - since we are going to be vastly changing the llama-dogs DNA, how do you know we cannot modify them to withstand the rigors of the vacuum of space? science fiction yo (ala the xenomorphs from aliens)

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

how long have you been playing warframe?
did you not know that the ninja of warframe is dead?
upcoming weapon is a sword and shield and not hooks and chains and smoke bombs
the ninja in this game is dead or primed or arcaned or to simply put just predecessors of what warframe is right now

i am very sorry for your loss

PS: i would like to give OP+1 and my feels this loss is my loss too.

kakashi uses dogs ( naruto) xD 

anyway the way i see it is sure why not add them , as long as it stays OPTIONAL to take them with you yes or no then you can always follow your own believe's personally imma have a personal ship guarddog ^^) not going anywhere.

Shadow and Interceptor of FF6 fame render your argument invalid ;P

But really, when are we ever in the vacuum of space except for like a fraction of a second? End of missions? We're in the ship. In Corpus vs Grineer invasions? There's a ton of maskless grineer running around in the void, so it's probably not an utter vacuum.

how long have you been playing warframe?

did you not know that the ninja of warframe is dead?

upcoming weapon is a sword and shield and not hooks and chains and smoke bombs

the ninja in this game is dead or primed or arcaned or to simply put just predecessors of what warframe is right now

i am very sorry for your loss

PS: i would like to give OP+1 and my feels this loss is my loss too.

wish they would go with a different catch phrase for this game then ~_~ "ninjas play for free" what ninjas? lol

wish they would go with a different catch phrase for this game then ~_~ "ninjas play for free" what ninjas? lol

This is what is known in marketing as 'bait-and-tease marketing' (or 'bait-and-switch', for the more traditional phrase). 

Edited by Renegade343