Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Want Nova Rollback

starrrrr

after remake, nova is really getting bored. 

until remake nova is more speedy and more stylish then now.

molecular prime was quick and intuitive.

old nova is one of the funniest warframe.

after remake nova is just...useful warframe. like nekros or vauban.

only use when you need it.

there is reason, that make boring nova's play.

molecular wave is too slow. so i have to wait until wave is through enemy.

it's liitle bit painful to me. like old nova user.

molecular must be quick and intuitive. like until remake.

i miss old nova.

Edited by starrrrr

You know, most people actually prefer a somewhat balanced set of Warframes. Me included.

Honestly, Nova has been brought down to an acceptable level of power for a "glass cannon". She was.. just.. gamebreaking, to be honest.

I prefer the new Nova.

Allthough it's not as quick for Molecular Prime to be used (So, no more pressing 4 just as an ally is about to kill a target to insta-wipe the entire map) it's far more satisfying to use.

The slow expansion of the pulse feels nice, and is acompanied by new sounds - It feels as if you're actually using a poweful ability rather than just moving your arms and all of a sudden everyone is glowing.

The staggered detonation not only improves performance (Less spikes in FPS loss when several detonations occur simultaneously) but it also feels more like a chain reaction, with multiple guys popping in quick sucession.

Since the radius of the effect is now determined by Duration rather than Range, it's possible to get high range AND maxxed damage (Since Overextend reduces Power Strength), which does make the power much stronger, balanced out by the time it takes to travel the distance required (Also, the time needed to spend in cover while it does so)

So yeah... While it's not as instant as it used to be, it's more satisfying to use in my opinion.

(Applies to all Tenno frames) You are a space Ninja that kills thousands of Grineer, Corpus, and Infected. Yeh totally game breaking... (with a hint of sarcasm).

Aaaand she still does that quite efficently too!

Haven't used Nova since they nerfed Mprime. The wave is just too slow she's no longer fast because of it and in this game speed wins. The best thing about Mprime was instantly applying a 200% debuff to heavies, that's gone now.

And with current AI the increased slow portion of the debuff is more annoying than helpful. Negative power had some use in Infested Defense but that's about it. I'd rather run quite a few other frames.

Haven't used Nova since they nerfed Mprime. The wave is just too slow she's no longer fast because of it and in this game speed wins. The best thing about Mprime was instantly applying a 200% debuff to heavies, that's gone now.

And with current AI the increased slow portion of the debuff is more annoying than helpful. Negative power had some use in Infested Defense but that's about it. I'd rather run quite a few other frames.

How about hiring all the heavies?

How about lowering every enemy units fire rate to the point where youre dancing around bullets

How about catching literally everything on a single cast and killing more than ever?

Safe to say, I've never dusted off my Nova after the update.  Not only was her new version of MP too strange for me to comprehend both in words and when seeing it in action, but it seemed to point her into a Frost-like direction of point defence, rather than building off her innate speed.

Safe to say, I've never dusted off my Nova after the update.  Not only was her new version of MP too strange for me to comprehend both in words and when seeing it in action, but it seemed to point her into a Frost-like direction of point defence, rather than building off her innate speed.

Shes a nuke

Speed is for Volt,Ember, ad Loki

Would you rather have the damage nerfed if speed is really that important ?

Its not like you lose much by waiting a few seconds after casting

U*unless youre too used to hopping right up to enemies and killing them

Edited by Azawarau

Shes a nuke

Speed is for Volt,Ember, ad Loki

Would you rather have the damage nerfed if speed is really that important ?

Its not like you lose much by waiting a few seconds after casting

U*unless youre too used to hopping right up to enemies and killing them

She is innately faster than both Volt and Ember.  Not only that, but like Ember, Nova lacks any defensive skills at all whereas Volt has his rather fine Electric Shield.  Volt's only speed comes from... well Speed.  But as an ability, I hardly feel as if this warrants placing Volt amongst the ranks of Ash and Loki, with a default sprint of 1.0.

This lack of defensive skills as well as her innate speed seems to point at mobility as a defensive mechanism, having to physically dodge shots and quickly relocate herself to best use her nuking abilities.  If her damage as a nuker is nerfed... then I'm hard pressed to imagine what gameplay would be like without defensive abilities or the ability to destroy enemies quickly.  Best defense is a great offense, esp. in Nova's case.

I don't feel that however many seconds we lose is relevant, as this is proof enough of her slowing down as a result of the latest changes.

She is innately faster than both Volt and Ember.  Not only that, but like Ember, Nova lacks any defensive skills at all whereas Volt has his rather fine Electric Shield.  Volt's only speed comes from... well Speed.  But as an ability, I hardly feel as if this warrants placing Volt amongst the ranks of Ash and Loki, with a default sprint of 1.0.

This lack of defensive skills as well as her innate speed seems to point at mobility as a defensive mechanism, having to physically dodge shots and quickly relocate herself to best use her nuking abilities.  If her damage as a nuker is nerfed... then I'm hard pressed to imagine what gameplay would be like without defensive abilities or the ability to destroy enemies quickly.  Best defense is a great offense, esp. in Nova's case.

I don't feel that however many seconds we lose is relevant, as this is proof enough of her slowing down as a result of the latest changes.

Lacks defense+?

She has one...... Literally

Her # 1 is a defensive skill thats not bad with a max duration build

Her 4 is about as defensive as it gets

Enemies cant soot quickly and can barely move

And being able to speed isnt just about running speed, you took that literally

Volt has run and gun tactics with his 1 and 2

Ember literally has to run around like a chicken with its head cut off for her powers to work an theyre costly to keep up because of the short duration unlike novas

Seriously the only difference is her 4 coes out slower. Everything else is an advantage and even the drawback has advantages

She was buffed

Slow but more powerful

shes exactly the same now as before, only MP has some brief travel time, which tbh is fine/fair, my gameplay with nova has barely changed, it just means a bit of duck/diving/cover while MP does its thing instead of just standing in the open blowing everything up in 1 go or running right through them.

tbh, thats a good change and should stay.

Lacks defense+?

She has one...... Literally

Her # 1 is a defensive skill thats not bad with a max duration build

Her 4 is about as defensive as it gets

Enemies cant soot quickly and can barely move

And being able to speed isnt just about running speed, you took that literally

Volt has run and gun tactics with his 1 and 2

A core component of a defensive skill is to mitigate damage somehow.  Snow Globe, Iron Skin, and Electric Shield all do this.  Null Star and Molecular Prime do not.  The only defensive capabilities that come out of these offensive skills is their ability to kill things quickly, as I've said that a good offense makes a good defense.  Again however, these skills are not defensive by nature.

I also don't see how Volt's 1 helps with run and gun... in any way at all.  Besides its utility of chaining and stunning, it's simply another elemental skillshot, one shared by many other elemental frames.  His second is an optional speed boost when needed; Volt has the capacity to gotta move relatively quickly but this is not an innate feature of his frame itself.  His frame seems built for versatility, supporting a fast style as well as a slow style with his ranged skillshot and electric shield.

You said herself that she was slower; I don't care much for power as much as I've never once cared about a Nova in a party "taking all the kills."  As I've said, what does tip off my hat is this slowing down of a fast frame.  It doesn't feel like anything you said helped to explain/change that.

I miss the old Nova. I didn't mind the OPness, and for the speed of the threads, it made sense that they would travel the entire space in an instant to prime things.

Now, the wave is too slow for me. I am glad to see other people liking the speed, but I find it frustrating to have to wait 3 seconds for an enemy naught but 8 meters in front of me to get primed. When we're ninja flipping through the air and firing lasers left and right, 3 seconds feels like an eternity, and 8 meters can be covered in an instant.

I can agree with the Original Poster that the warframe's abilities make less sense now on how they scale up. I can also agree that she was more fun when she had the instant debuff. It is frustrating to use the ability to slow a heavy gunner's rate of fire only to have him fire for an additional 4 seconds before he gets slowed. Less fun over all.

I miss the old Nova. I didn't mind the OPness, and for the speed of the threads, it made sense that they would travel the entire space in an instant to prime things.

Now, the wave is too slow for me. I am glad to see other people liking the speed, but I find it frustrating to have to wait 3 seconds for an enemy naught but 8 meters in front of me to get primed. When we're ninja flipping through the air and firing lasers left and right, 3 seconds feels like an eternity, and 8 meters can be covered in an instant.

I can agree with the Original Poster that the warframe's abilities make less sense now on how they scale up. I can also agree that she was more fun when she had the instant debuff. It is frustrating to use the ability to slow a heavy gunner's rate of fire only to have him fire for an additional 4 seconds before he gets slowed. Less fun over all.

Use her 4

EDIT

Meant use her 2

Not even going to shoot down the rest of the post

Its just too easy

Edited by Azawarau

Nova is still a very potent frame, just not really as mobile as before. In fact, the changes were only a slight nerf in effectiveness although they did manage to inject a bit more boredom into her playstyle.

She is still utterly devestating against infested, then again, so is pretty much every frame.

This makes absolutely no sense... 

Her cast-speed is still the same as before, so how did this change make her somehow slower than before the change? The wave of MP getting slower shouldn't hurt Nova in being the quick little bastard she was before, which she still is today. 

A core component of a defensive skill is to mitigate damage somehow.  Snow Globe, Iron Skin, and Electric Shield all do this.  Null Star and Molecular Prime do not.  The only defensive capabilities that come out of these offensive skills is their ability to kill things quickly, as I've said that a good offense makes a good defense.  Again however, these skills are not defensive by nature.

Oh this is as wrong as it get's I just cannot...

Do you realize that Molecular Prime has every debuff you could ever want on an enemy? 

You have:

- Increased enemy Damage Taken

- Decreased enemy Damage Output

- Decreased enemy Mobility

- They Detonate and damage every enemy in their nearby vicinity as a bonus. 

These are not minor debuffs either, they can be insanely potent depending on how you mod, to the point where you reduce enemy mobility down to 1/4'th of their usual mobility, on top of suffering additional damage from Tenno. The slow-down basically reduces enemy damage output by at least half of their original power, simply because their fire-rate suffers, which effectively mitigates the amount of damage Tenno would suffer. 

It still one of the only abilities in Warframe that has both Offense, Defense and Utility all in one package, the only down-side being that it's not immediate. 

Edited by TwiceDead