Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request: Nerf The Mutalist Ospreys

Datsumori

Even with poison resistance the dmg are so high and his movility is so freaking high.

With this movility = waste of ammo.

With this AI = Waves on Defence mission are more slow.

With this dmg = you will ignore the rest of the infected units and will try to focus the mutalist ospreys.

BTW the vauban´s vortex didnt work properly on them.

So need a fix.

This is just my opinion.

Edited by Datsumori

I'd understand if this were about making the gas cloud more visible. 

Since it's not... I don't really see anything wrong with the new drone?

The cloud is very avoidable. You can see the drone moving around with a crawler before it get's to you. Shoot it down.

Edit:

VayHekMeme_zpsaf6b688c.jpg Good ol' vay hek

Edited by Verre

Well... if they die after his first throw?

You all talk about dodge but i saw a lot of players fallen in defence mission by the gas cloud. So i guess im uneskilled, but not just me then...

I've come across a lot of players dying by the gas cloud.

It's still a new thing. 

I'm guessing they don't expect it really. 

i fell victim for it myself once or twice, i must say after a bit of experience with them they are easy enough to dogde ( just run forestt runn ), no reckless behaviour and you should be fine.

but they do need a nerf and il tell you where... their hp is unreal, should be like crawler, not a pumped up ancient ( they top even them i heard with hp).

edit:(ash shuriken packs quite a punch yet i have to throw like 3 times before it dies , ancient need only 1 shuriken to give example)

Edited by NickBoay

The mutalist ospreys should only activate their poison cloud upon self destruction, similar to the oxium ospreys.  They would still be the most dangerous drone to encounter, but at least it wouldn't continue secreting the lethal game stopping cloud that's caused me to burn through 5 frames worth of revives.

I only die to them because I'm in the middle of shooting other infested and I don't see them sneak around and fly at me. Long as I see them coming I'll be fine. You should be this way too.

That and learn how far they dash.  Learn that and it becomes a positioning game. Plus, use the Mutalist Quanta (when research-time finishes) and let the hilarity ensue when you end up using the ospreys against their buddies.

I've been expecting this thread. :3

Yes, the new ospreys are highly annoying - chances are, they're supposed to be. I leave their overall difficulty at the devs' discretion, but they at least need to nerf their elusiveness at defense missions. Every wave ends with having to pick them out of distant corners.

I quickly coptered through a poison cloud because it was in my way.

I lost 90 HP.

That's just way too much for our low normal HP levels.

The worst thing is when they sneak up on you and then you suddenly have a 9 secconds long poison effect that will kill you unless you throw down another HP Team restore.

OMG.  How can so many of these posts be so satisfied with this?  I cannot dodge an entire hallway filled with nearly-invisible gas that simply ignores my shields.

This is not difficulty.  It's a cheap trick to make you think this game is hard.  

Bring Trinity.  No more challenge.  Congratulations, you just killed player choice.

I still see people try and melee toxic ancients and don't understand why they keep dying. shooting ospreys has always been an annoyance, but they never were this bad. On defense missions they always spawn so far away from the pod and then you have to go hunting for them. One thing I noticed also is the cloud hits up through floors. I really just used DSD missions to level weapons. I would sit at a high vantage point and just shoot into vaubens vortex.  The only nice thing is all the time I spend looking for the things the pod completely heals.

dodge it, not really that hard.

Yes, dodge a gigantic green cloud that they spawn right on top of you.

It's not a problem about visibility. It's just cheap. When they're an inch in front of your face and they start to dive bomb, they leave a giant fart right on top of you that it isn't possible to dodge. Even if it's a bit away from you and it starts to dive at you, by the time you notice it starting to come after you, not only does it leave a gas cloud the whole length of its dive but it's still a pretty fat AoE that the cloud has, that ignores shields.

It's just cheap, especially when there are a half dozen of them around in a defense mission, killing off everyone who isn't in some out-of-the-way perch like on the platforms in ODD, the last group I had, had to leave at 20 because the stupid mutalists were making the mission stupid. Not difficult, not challenging, just stupid.