Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ranting Topic....

(PSN)Tyler6099

It amazes me at how many people are dissing DE and the work they are putting into this game. For my first point. It's a free to play beta, and people are dumping hundreds of hours into playing it. It's also a standard grinding/farming based game. Why complain about mod and prime part dilution? If DE upped all the drop rates and just gave everyone the mods/parts that they wanted, how many people would still be playing? The whole goal of this game is to work for a certain reward, and when you finally get it, not only do you get the item that you've been grinding for, but you also get the gratification of earning it. There is nothing wrong with these aspects of the game. People complaining about bugs and game affecting glitches is one thing that's worth speaking out about, but complaining about core game mechanics that were implemented for a reason is seriously dumbfounding. If you don't like to grind and farm for components in a game that's based off grinding and farming, then find another game or actually spend money on platinum and buy the item you are looking for. DE is doing amazing, and I've been impressed with the progress they make on each and every update. Every warframe and weapon is viable at some point in the game, with or without the "required" mods. Just because your weapon isn't one shotting heavy gunners in a t3(I'm on ps4, havent gotten a chance to try t4 yet)survival at 55 minutes because you don't have all the mods for a maximum damage build, doesn't mean that its not viable somewhere else.

so in other words, good job DE, keep the content coming and keep up the good work, and for everyone else, think about what type of game you are playing, and how much time you've spent on a game that's cost you nothing or close to it.

rant over.

so in other words, good job DE, keep the content coming and keep up the good work, and for everyone else, think about what type of game you are playing, and how much time you've spent on a game that's cost you nothing or close to it.

+1000

It amazes me at how many people are dissing DE and the work they are putting into this game. For my first point. It's a free to play beta, and people are dumping hundreds of hours into playing it. It's also a standard grinding/farming based game. Why complain about mod and prime part dilution? If DE upped all the drop rates and just gave everyone the mods/parts that they wanted, how many people would still be playing?

People want something besides grinding. WF has too much grinding, and people are annoyed because there is no real content.

The whole goal of this game is to work for a certain reward, and when you finally get it, not only do you get the item that you've been grinding for, but you also get the gratification of earning it. There is nothing wrong with these aspects of the game.

Here's the problem, all progress is RNG based. There is nothing you can do to force a prime part to drop, or a rare mat. And yeah, nothing is wrong with earning something, but everything in moderation. WF needs something besides grinding and farming.

but complaining about core game mechanics that were implemented for a reason is seriously dumbfounding. If you don't like to grind and farm for components in a game that's based off grinding and farming, then find another game or actually spend money on platinum and buy the item you are looking for. DE is doing amazing, and I've been impressed with the progress they make on each and every update. Every warframe and weapon is viable at some point in the game, with or without the "required" mods. Just because your weapon isn't one shotting heavy gunners in a t3(I'm on ps4, havent gotten a chance to try t4 yet)survival at 55 minutes because you don't have all the mods for a maximum damage build, doesn't mean that its not viable somewhere else.

I... just disagree here, it's where your spouting love for DE. I'd like DE more if they added content without the grindwalls. Or if they'd fix what's broken (i.e. mod system's illusion of choice, or melee's inability to hit flying targets that "land" at your feet.)

I personally feel DE could be doing better.

Someone who finally has a brain around here! Completely agree with you, it's hysterical how much people complain about this game these days. Just look at the threads for the new enemy, they finally give the infested a challenging enemy, and people immediately cry Nerf

they're punishing, not challenging.

I haven't gotten to experience it yet, being on playstation, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. As far as I'm concerned, I've gotten more play time out of this game than I would have out of any 60 dollar game out right now. Everyone knows this game is run on RNG, if you nerf RNG, then you nerf the quality of the game.

It amazes me at how many people are dissing DE and the work they are putting into this game. For my first point. It's a free to play beta, and people are dumping hundreds of hours into playing it. It's also a standard grinding/farming based game. Why complain about mod and prime part dilution?

Great post.  

I hate to agree with you, but you might be right about this game as standard farming/grinding.  

It's just that, with such a close connection to the developers and what seemed to be great potential, many avid players thought it could be much, much more than standard farming/grinding.

I haven't gotten to experience it yet, being on playstation, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. As far as I'm concerned, I've gotten more play time out of this game than I would have out of any 60 dollar game out right now. Everyone knows this game is run on RNG, if you nerf RNG, then you nerf the quality of the game.

...what? RNG =/= quality content.

People want something besides grinding. WF has too much grinding, and people are annoyed because there is no real content.

Here's the problem, all progress is RNG based. There is nothing you can do to force a prime part to drop, or a rare mat. And yeah, nothing is wrong with earning something, but everything in moderation. WF needs something besides grinding and farming.

I... just disagree here, it's where your spouting love for DE. I'd like DE more if they added content without the grindwalls. Or if they'd fix what's broken (i.e. mod system's illusion of choice, or melee's inability to hit flying targets that "land" at your feet.)

I personally feel DE could be doing better.

they're punishing, not challenging.

WF is a game that is created for grinding and farming, that's it, nothing more, nothing less, you start, you grind tour way through the planets, so you can gain access to more parts and components that you can grind/farm to make better equipment. What's the better equipment for? You guessed it. So you can grind/farm easier and more efficiently. The only amount of content you get is the first time encountering a boss or tileset, and after that, its back to grinding. Complaining about grind time in this game is like complaining about killing people in call of duty....

you might be right about this game as standard farming/grinding.  

without it, it wont last long, grind and farm is the core component of most of the online games out there

good thing they will make it enjoyable with new dark sector gameplay, dogs and ships

the current updates and livestream makes this game very special ,

not to mention how this game looks good with maxed out graphic settings and i think you guys already knew that already heh

though it would look better more with open sky maps

melee's inability to hit flying targets that "land" at your feet.)

lol that one, its so obvious but there have been about 4 wednesdays and they havent fixed it still , funny that

Here's the problem, all progress is RNG based. There is nothing you can do to force a prime part to drop,

i havent got a loki prime and other primes myself, i do 2 missions a day and im halfway there 

good thing is my excitement it still alive on getting those primes i need.

Edited by Ritchel

...what? RNG =/= quality content.

referring back to my initial post, if DE lowered grind times and made all the items easier to obtain, then no one would buy platinum, and everyone would get everything they wanted and quit the game much faster than they do now. There is a way to cut down RNG and grind time, its called platinum.

WF is a game that is created for grinding and farming, that's it, nothing more, nothing less, you start, you grind tour way through the planets, so you can gain access to more parts and components that you can grind/farm to make better equipment. What's the better equipment for? You guessed it. So you can grind/farm easier and more efficiently. The only amount of content you get is the first time encountering a boss or tileset, and after that, its back to grinding. Complaining about grind time in this game is like complaining about killing people in call of duty....

Again, and people want something more. If they wanted a buggy, grinding game, I'm sure there are plenty already out there.

And since you're on PS4, you probably missed the LS when Steve said they don't want to make a grindy game. (I think it was LS10? 11? Anyone remember?)

And no, grinding is not and should never be the sole mechanic.

referring back to my initial post, if DE lowered grind times and made all the items easier to obtain, then no one would buy platinum, and everyone would get everything they wanted and quit the game much faster than they do now. There is a way to cut down RNG and grind time, its called platinum.

Or, they'd need to make actual content. WOAH.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

not to mention how this game looks good with maxed out graphic settings and i think you guys already knew that already heh

though it would look better more with open sky maps

+1.  You should definitely try SweetFx, makes the game look even more amazing.  

As for the grinding aspect, we know it's there, DE knows it's there, they just don't want to outright state it, since that would decimate the veteran population who still think this game can be much more than it already is.

Again, and people want something more. If they wanted a buggy, grinding game, I'm sure there are plenty already out there.

And since you're on PS4, you probably missed the LS when Steve said they don't want to make a grindy game. (I think it was LS10? 11? Anyone remember?)

And no, grinding is not and should never be the sole mechanic.

Or, they'd need to make actual content. WOAH.

what do you call all of the new things they are implementing? Every single weapon/warframe brings a different approach and a different feel to the game. Just because it's not a storyline does not disqualify it from being considered content. It's also still in beta, and they already introduced the tutorial questline and stated that there will be more to come, but unfortunately, almost every single multiplayer game out there is based off grinding in some form or fashion. Sorry to break it to you.

what do you call all of the new things they are implementing? Every single weapon/warframe brings a different approach and a different feel to the game. Just because it's not a storyline does not disqualify it from being considered content. It's also still in beta, and they already introduced the tutorial questline and stated that there will be more to come, but unfortunately, almost every single multiplayer game out there is based off grinding in some form or fashion. Sorry to break it to you.

I dunno about you, but my karak works the same way as my braton. New weapons aren't doing anything, it's the bare minimum for what passes as content.

As for frames, they have different powers, but nothing really changes how you play drastically. It's still spam X and win.

Also, "it's beta" worked a year ago, not today.

And again, everything in moderation. Some grinding/farming is good. Getting handed everything is not. However WF is way past the "some grinding/farming" like, 3-4 updates ago.

I dunno about you, but my karak works the same way as my braton. New weapons aren't doing anything, it's the bare minimum for what passes as content.

As for frames, they have different powers, but nothing really changes how you play drastically. It's still spam X and win.

Also, "it's beta" worked a year ago, not today.

And again, everything in moderation. Some grinding/farming is good. Getting handed everything is not. However WF is way past the "some grinding/farming" like, 3-4 updates ago.

I'm not sure I can agree with you there, I use all of my different warframes and weapons differently. Instead of getting all maxed out mods and overpowering everything, I actually look at the type of damage and take whatever type works best for a certain mission, the same goes for war frames. But that's the beauty of making all weapons and frames viable for any situation. I personally love the game how it is, and so do plenty of other people with 100-1000 hours into the game. My only suggestion for you would be to either wait for more updates to come, or find another game that has a standard storyline to appease your need for "content".

The game has its pro's and cons, that much is true.

With my experience with free-to-play games, alot of them basically force you to pay to make progress or spend an ungodly amount of time playing instead, especially in events.

DE however, I've noticed pretty much make 98% of the games content accessible whether you pay or not. Yes you have to grind and farm for it, but thats how it is, that fleeting sense of achievement when you build your first prime or even the Cronus when you first started out. Yes the droptables need work and DE knows that, the thing is; they have a game to make so they kinda have alot on their plates now as it is.

Anyone can get virtually any piece of equipment in the game apart from the founders gear which really isnt much different from the normal gear.

Events too, anyone can get a good score in an event without spending a dime. Unlike some other companies.

Kixeye

I don't even know why I wrote this out, kinda just felt I should throw my opinion out there :P

Edited by aSmileyLemon

I'm not sure I can agree with you there, I use all of my different warframes and weapons differently.

Your karak and braton function the exact same. Exact. Same. Warframes work slightly different, but the mission plays out the same. Sprint from A to B, do whatever in between, run from B to C and leave (minus defense/survival obviously).

My only suggestion for you would be to either wait for more updates to come, or find another game that has a standard storyline to appease your need for "content".

That is the dumbest thing I've heard, no offense. You think I haven't waited? I've been here since freaking U7! UPDATE. SEVEN.

Saying its grind/farm is the harsh truth, but its not helping your case at ALL. Every MMORPG/RPG is a grind/farm BUT they have incentive to why you're actually farming which WF doesn't have. Theres no End-Game or true reason to why we're doing this, just farm those parts so you can be better at getting more parts. As opposed to DCUO's "get your CR up so you can fight the Raid boss/alert". If WF could implement some incentive to make farming more fun, everybody would be happy. Maybe you like seeing the Orokin halls over and over only to get another Reaper blade, but i don't. now please don't respond with something like "Maybe this game isn't for you" or "Look somehwere else for this" because hopefully you're above that and don't need to stoop to that level. Because obviously i must care/ have respect for this game to actually go to the forums and make suggestions otherwise than just leave and not even say goodbye.

Tl;dr I care about WF just as much as you but it has it's faults and playing damage control will ony hurt WF.

How about your karak and Paris prime? Or your karak and Paris prime compared to phage? You're comparing two rifles, and even those have differences between them. (20 clip difference for one)

If you've been waiting for that long and you're still playing, something must have kept your attention, and if you've been playing for that long, then there's no way that you can deny that DE is making progress. If you're burnt out and tired of waiting for new content, find another game, but don't complain to DE when you've gotten months worth of game time out of something that was free.

How about your karak and Paris prime? Or your karak and Paris prime compared to phage? You're comparing two rifles, and even those have differences between them. (20 clip difference for one)

If you've been waiting for that long and you're still playing, something must have kept your attention, and if you've been playing for that long, then there's no way that you can deny that DE is making progress. If you're burnt out and tired of waiting for new content, find another game, but don't complain to DE when you've gotten months worth of game time out of something that was free.

What's the difference? One takes slightly longer to aim than the others (paris). The others are more or less hold down fire while the enemies die, and that's because the weapons are by and large incredibly bland. There are really very few unique weapons (ogris, penta, castanas, stuff like that)

I'm waiting for DE to make WF all that it can be, not some medicore grinding game.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Saying its grind/farm is the harsh truth, but its not helping your case at ALL. Every MMORPG/RPG is a grind/farm BUT they have incentive to why you're actually farming which WF doesn't have. Theres no End-Game or true reason to why we're doing this, just farm those parts so you can be better at getting more parts. As opposed to DCUO's "get your CR up so you can fight the Raid boss/alert". If WF could implement some incentive to make farming more fun, everybody would be happy. Maybe you like seeing the Orokin halls over and over only to get another Reaper blade, but i don't. now please don't respond with something like "Maybe this game isn't for you" or "Look somehwere else for this" because hopefully you're above that and don't need to stoop to that level. Because obviously i must care/ have respect for this game to actually go to the forums and make suggestions otherwise than just leave and not even say goodbye.

Tl;dr I care about WF just as much as you but it has it's faults and playing damage control will ony hurt WF.

you're completely right, but the game is still being worked on and they add new things all the time. I included in my first post that some things are worth suggesting and speaking out about, my rant was more inclined towards the people that are complaining about RNG in a game that's created specifically with RNG being a major factor in the design.

you're completely right, but the game is still being worked on and they add new things all the time. I included in my first post that some things are worth suggesting and speaking out about, my rant was more inclined towards the people that are complaining about RNG in a game that's created specifically with RNG being a major factor in the design.

Most of the new thing are small, or barely improve something. Melee 2.0 has a ton of problems still, D2.0 was supposed to make most weapons equal (didn't work), and anything else is small, like a frame or a weapon.

And WF again was said by steve to not become a grindfest. RNG is what is making it a grindfest right now.