Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ranting Topic....

(PSN)Tyler6099

I was hoping you wouldn't say that... stop saying play something else that is childish and very bland response. He's saying this because he wants IMPROVEMENT not a different game. People like him are what is making Warframe better by correcting them on their mistakes instead of accepting things the way they are. There's a blatant difference between complaining and making feedback, maybe you can't tell the difference but that's not my concern. Stop shoving "it's free" down every bodies throat it's not making a difference, you're only stating the obvious. Just because it's free doesn't mean the game's not open to suggestions. 

EDIT: Phage is a shotgun btw

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

What's the difference? One takes slightly longer to aim than the others (paris). The others are more or less hold down fire while the enemies die, and that's because the weapons are by and large incredibly bland. There are really very few unique weapons (ogris, penta, castanas, stuff like that)

I'm waiting for DE to make WF all that it can be, not some medicore grinding game.

and that's valid, but in the end, its still going to be a grinding game, if they implement content, say raid bosses, questlines, etc, the same thing is going to happen, people are going to start farming them for the loot that they drop. I didn't create this thread to discuss why WF is a grinding game, I created it in hopes of getting people to realize that complaining about game mechanics and dissing the developers isn't going to do anything productive for the game.

and that's valid, but in the end, its still going to be a grinding game, if they implement content, say raid bosses, questlines, etc, the same thing is going to happen, people are going to start farming them for the loot that they drop. I didn't create this thread to discuss why WF is a grinding game, I created it in hopes of getting people to realize that complaining about game mechanics and dissing the developers isn't going to do anything productive for the game.

There is nothing preventing them from adding content while decrease the grind.

And the only way WF ahs seen change is through complaining! I know! I've been here since U7. The void messups, the rhino, the frost, the vauban, the data mining, all of it!

Edited by Letter13
Please avoid using inappropriate language

I'm not sure I can agree with you there, I use all of my different warframes and weapons differently. Instead of getting all maxed out mods and overpowering everything, I actually look at the type of damage and take whatever type works best for a certain mission, the same goes for war frames. But that's the beauty of making all weapons and frames viable for any situation. I personally love the game how it is, and so do plenty of other people with 100-1000 hours into the game. My only suggestion for you would be to either wait for more updates to come, or find another game that has a standard storyline to appease your need for "content".

Alright Tyler, I watched this long enough. RNG is not content, it will never be and will never be acknowledged as a true placeholder. As someone who's been here for a while now I would have to agree with Kvothe, this game has pros and cons and is an amazing game so far. The only main problem is the excruciating amount of grinding acquired to get certain items. Now, while most would argue that "Oh, some games require you to pay to get good items!" well, this isn't the case here. Warframe is not one of these types of games, and that reason is a simple one that most would understand: the ability to get an items is enough to drive anyone to join a free to play game. Everything in this game is accessible without even having to pay, the only exceptions being the founders pack. The games that require you to pay in order to play are normally looked at negatively and should not be compared with Warframe, it is not a way to make Warframe look good. 

Another thing is, content is something that is still flowing out of DE. Warframe is still in beta despite what most says, the only time it wont be is when the developers officially tell the community it is not. It does not matter if you have to pay for it, or anything for that matter. It's in beta. That's final. DE is adding content. DE is trying their best. But, sadly, the efforts are sometimes misplaced. They should be working on lowering the amount of grind whilst still trying to make it challenging, NOT having everything handed you on a silver platter. Do you understand this? Kvothe does not want everything now, he very simply wants things that do not require ~3 hours of farming (and most of the time more) to get. 

I was hoping you wouldn't say that... stop saying play something else that is childish and very bland response. He's saying this because he wants IMPROVEMENT not a different game. People like him are what is making Warframe better by correcting them on their mistakes instead of accepting things the way they are. There's a blatant difference between complaining and making feedback, maybe you can't tell the difference but that's not my concern. Stop shoving "it's free" down every bodies throat it's not making a difference, you're only stating the obvious. Just because it's free doesn't mean the game's not open to suggestions. 

EDIT: Phage is a shotgun btw

You're apparently missing the reasoning behind this post. Of course suggestions and feedback help, I wasn't aiming this at the people that give valid suggestions, but to the people that just want everything handed to them on a silver platter. As for telling him to play something else, that's the hard truth. People get burnt out and tired of waiting, and instead of clogging up the forums, why not take a break and see what happens in the updates to come? Accepting core game mechanics is just something that you have to do. I'm not trying to be disrespectful at all, he has some valid points and I've noted on them and given my input.

also, phage is a shot gun, and Paris prime is a bow, I'm aware of this, and all of them are different weapons with different play styles :)

Thans to warframe i'm used to grinding in games now

problem with warframe there's too much of it. DE did an excellent job with the game but it's still a beta and needs lots of work. it can become perfect.

An again about grinding. Grinding for a week or 2 for 1 item or mod okay. At least a month isn't okay.

Actually, despite what you think, criticizing DE does help the game. It reveals the bad parts about the game. This allows DE to see where they messed up. Blindly complimenting everything they do would only make the game into something utterly horrible. 

Alright Tyler, I watched this long enough. RNG is not content, it will never be and will never be acknowledged as a true placeholder. As someone who's been here for a while now I would have to agree with Kvothe, this game has pros and cons and is an amazing game so far. The only main problem is the excruciating amount of grinding acquired to get certain items. Now, while most would argue that "Oh, some games require you to pay to get good items!" well, this isn't the case here. Warframe is not one of these types of games, and that reason is a simple one that most would understand: the ability to get an items is enough to drive anyone to join a free to play game. Everything in this game is accessible without even having to pay, the only exceptions being the founders pack. The games that require you to pay in order to play are normally looked at negatively and should not be compared with Warframe, it is not a way to make Warframe look good. 

Another thing is, content is something that is still flowing out of DE. Warframe is still in beta despite what most says, the only time it wont be is when the developers officially tell the community it is not. It does not matter if you have to pay for it, or anything for that matter. It's in beta. That's final. DE is adding content. DE is trying their best. But, sadly, the efforts are sometimes misplaced. They should be working on lowering the amount of grind whilst still trying to make it challenging, NOT having everything handed you on a silver platter. Do you understand this? Kvothe does not want everything now, he very simply wants things that do not require ~3 hours of farming (and most of the time more) to get.

RNG is not content, it is a core game mechanic in which the content is obtained from. So you're correct there. As far as the rest of your post, I agree with you completely, and perhaps my initial post was misinterpreted. This rant has gotten way off topic, of course there's always room for more content, I'm not saying that the game is perfect as it is, but for the game itself, I don't feel like the grinding is the problem. It's what keep people playing.

RNG is not content, it is a core game mechanic in which the content is obtained from. So you're correct there. As far as the rest of your post, I agree with you completely, and perhaps my initial post was misinterpreted. This rant has gotten way off topic, of course there's always room for more content, I'm not saying that the game is perfect as it is, but for the game itself, I don't feel like the grinding is the problem. It's what keep people playing.

RNG is not a core game mechanic either.

Actually, despite what you think, criticizing DE does help the game. It reveals the bad parts about the game. This allows DE to see where they messed up. Blindly complimenting everything they do would only make the game into something utterly horrible.

notice I said complaining, not criticizing. I realize that many people have very valid points to give DE, I just don't think complaining about grind times is warranted, seeing as how all mods and prime pieces are obtainable through trading with platinum, which again, you do not have to buy to obtain.

notice I said complaining, not criticizing. I realize that many people have very valid points to give DE, I just don't think complaining about grind times is warranted, seeing as how all mods and prime pieces are obtainable through trading with platinum, which again, you do not have to buy to obtain.

Complaining can be criticizing, and whether you like it or not, that's how it is. When someone is complaining, they're criticizing at the same time.

Complaining can be criticizing, and whether you like it or not, that's how it is. When someone is complaining, they're criticizing at the same time.

Okay, I'll use a more specific synonym to better express my point.

negative and demeaning criticism is not warranted, while constructive and reinforcing criticism is encouraged.

better?

but it is, its the mechanic used for nearly all online style gaming.

Appealing to the majority does not make it true.

It's just how most people think that the cold makes you sick, but in reality the only reason the cold gets a person sick is because humans tend to stay inside during this time, which allows for bacteria to spread around the house in large colonies. 

Okay, I'll use a more specific synonym to better express my point.

negative and demeaning criticism is not warranted, while constructive and reinforcing criticism is encouraged.

better?

Negative and demeaning criticism is actually still helpful, save for the times when the argument has been replayed thousands of times. 

Negative and demeaning criticism is actually still helpful, save for the times when the argument has been replayed thousands of times. 

this ^

its necessary however. Unless they wanted to have each item synced to a different enemy, and have a 100% drop rate all the time, and that would be destined for failure.

I never said it wasn't needed, but it's not needed as a core game mechanic.

this ^

Isn't that what my rant was targeted at? The countless of topics saying "omgwtfbbq I have to grind something I want it now"

I never said it wasn't needed, but it's not needed as a core game mechanic.

and saying its a game mechanic and a core game mechanic are synonymous, its a system on which the game is run.

RNG affects everything in this game, itd what decides your daily reward, it decides if enemies drop health, energy, ammo, resources etc. It then breaks down into a further RNG process of determining which resources or ammo are dropped.

it also affects you getting a death mark, if such marked enemy comes after you, and the rewards for such enemy.

rng is also used when determining tile sets and the kinds of enemies that spawn. That's hoe they make the game different everytime you play it. There's also other aspects in the game that its used in but I don't feel like I need to explain my point further.

I dont need to explain rng in the loot tables, because that's what everyone is having issues with.

RNG is there, and it will always be there,

Your karak and braton function the exact same. Exact. Same. Warframes work slightly different, but the mission plays out the same. Sprint from A to B, do whatever in between, run from B to C and leave (minus defense/survival obviously).

That is the dumbest thing I've heard, no offense. You think I haven't waited? I've been here since freaking U7! UPDATE. SEVEN.

1)That's just you, isn't it? How you play isn't necessarily how others play. Some people like me like to go slow, enjoy the mission, and appreciate the    details.

2)70%-80% of the community is here from 7.  

The thing is, very few people actually look back and realize how far we've come, how much we've grown. I am foremost in wanting more variety, and the thing about grinding is that it mustn't get to a level where it's painful (looking at you, Bo prime)

But look! They are listening! They are trying! And they are adding variety! For God's sake, it's beta because it's evolving! A lot of things are and were placeholders, like the melee system! Patience, people!

Constructive criticism is good, and is always appreciated by DE more than blatant White-knighting. But there is just so much childish, mindless hate nowadays....DE bashing has reached an alarming level.Since when has the great community that we had here sunk so low?

Oh, one more thing. Just because someone supports DE doesn't mean that Tenno is a bootlicker. Grow up, geez!

I'm sorry, but I find this statement baffling. How can demeaning criticism be helpful? Negative criticism is one thing,but when criticism is demeaning? It becomes downright slander. 

What? No! Active reload in GoW is a game mechanic, but it's not a core game mechanic!

And RNG itself isn't bad, it's the overuse that is.

I was talking about RNG as a game mechanic being synonomous. I myself can't think of any way to implement RNG in such a way that it wouldn't be a main mechanic used throughout the game. Without it, it would be a 4 player co-op game with the same story every single time. Playing this game is like a slot machine, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. That's what keeps people playing.

So basically...

Never question or argue against game decisions made by the developer.  Clearly the love for the game should gloss over any complaints or arguments over its direction. As OP has clearly demonstrated, you enjoyment of an IP should extend beyond mere enjoyment. It should encompass reason, and then attach to the developer. 

So that no mistake can be argued against, as it is part of the dev's, whom you must love, plan.

Otherwise you are being a terrible person for playing this game.