Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Make Survival Missions Less Nekros-Mandatory.

Metronome

Post a change (or multiple, but for fun of the game, you can only use one!) that you think will make Survival missions less reliant on the party having (at least) one Nekros, and why you think it'll help. 

1) The lower your life-support, the more likely enemies are to drop it. IE at 100%, you have basically no chance but at around 10%, you'll have enemies dropping them noticeably more frequently. 

- This encourages killing as opposed to looting. You're wanting more enemies to kill, not bodies to loot. Which is how a survival should be.

2) Leader-Type enemies will always, 100% of the time, be carrying a personal pod. This includes Grineer Heavies, Ancient infested, and Eximus-Types. 

- Again, this actually makes you want to kill the enemies as opposed to just loot them. If I see an Eximus, I'm gonna want to kill him because I know he'll drop a life support pod. It's a guaranteed way for me to get life support, even though I don't have a Nekros on my team.

I don't want to remove life support entirely. I like the idea of it. It's just TOO HEAVILY rng based. It's *entirely possible* (although most definitely rare) to go the entire game without getting a single life support drop because the chance of it dropping doesn't scale throughout the mission. It stays at a flat rate. It's just as possible to not get any life support drops as it is for you to flip a coin 100 times, and not have it land on Heads once. Rare, but possible. And the fact that these missions have a chance at failure because of variables outside of your control shouldn't really take part in making the difficulty of them. 

Edited by Metronome

whenever i play survival with nekros, the games become so short. it feels like the game compensates for nekros. the best survivals i've had was without nekros, 75 minutes of pure bladestorm glory. with nekros on the team you lose a perfected killing machine on your team

Life support drops from every enemy, gives less air per each, and is not part of the enemies drop table, so it cannot be spawned through desecration.

What? Yes they can be descecrated.

I like the idea btw.

Edited by kubbi

you never needed a nekros to begin with if you have a properly equipped and skilled party. So its not manditory, its optional. o.o ive been on teams before without a nekros and gone to 45+ mins before extracting. Just takes proper skill and weaps. (which isnt hard to get if you go with more experienced players)

After all more deaths=more chances, where nekros needs to sit there and reroll like 5-6 times for 1 success. (not to mention the time you waste reviving them when you have a mass of higher damage output opponents) O.o a proper frame with good weaps can obliterate a crowds worth of chances by the time you get some LS drops from desecrate

Post a change (or multiple, but for fun of the game, you can only use one!) that you think will make Survival missions less reliant on the party having (at least) one Nekros, and why you think it'll help. 

1) The lower your life-support, the more likely enemies are to drop it. IE at 100%, you have basically no chance but at around 10%, you'll have enemies dropping them noticeably more frequently. 

- This encourages killing as opposed to looting. You're wanting more enemies to kill, not bodies to loot. Which is how a survival should be.

2) Leader-Type enemies will always, 100% of the time, be carrying a personal pod. This includes Grineer Heavies, Ancient infested, and Eximus-Types. 

- Again, this actually makes you want to kill the enemies as opposed to just loot them. If I see an Eximus, I'm gonna want to kill him because I know he'll drop a life support pod. It's a guaranteed way for me to get life support, even though I don't have a Nekros on my team.

I don't want to remove life support entirely. I like the idea of it. It's just TOO HEAVILY rng based. It's *entirely possible* (although most definitely rare) to go the entire game without getting a single life support drop because the chance of it dropping doesn't scale throughout the mission. It stays at a flat rate. It's just as possible to not get any life support drops as it is for you to flip a coin 100 times, and not have it land on Heads once. Rare, but possible. And the fact that these missions have a chance at failure because of variables outside of your control shouldn't really take part in making the difficulty of them. 

Life support drops from every enemy, gives less air per each, and is not part of the enemies drop table, so it cannot be spawned through desecration.

+1 OP

basically yes to either/any of these suggestions

IMHO the endless-type missions have really driven Warframe away from its core game design

personally I think Desecrate is a so-so power that is just far too incentivized ingame becuz of the horrid RNG mechanics, but whatevs

If I have the power to make DE change  Desecrate to another skill  i will do it though.
I don't like Desecrate at all but it's  1 of the 3 skill  that seem to be most useful for the team, yes I also run terrify and SOTD too but all these 2 skill I can just use it in some situations.

Is this based on trying to go for 2 hours or something? Cause if you are going for that long... the point is that it's going to get harder.

I regularly do 45 minute long Survivals with no Baron Samedi. What's more important is killing enemies quick to get more spawns.

Some maps just aren't built very well for Survival. Jupiter Survival likes to spawn enemies far away from the players sometimes, and often places pods halfway across the map. Can be kind of irritating, especially in pubs that like to run off and do their own thing. But that's a problem with pubs.

Anyway, the fact that Nekros isn't even required for standard Survivals - but merely gives an unreliable chance to make it easier - just highlights how poorly designed he is.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

It doesn't have to be oxygen for every tilesets.

- Base tileset can be finding the burning areas and activating the repair system before it blows up

- Outdoor tileset can be avoiding aerial bombardment (which instakill you) by activating the shield beacon and take cover

- New Hive tileset can be finding and destroying the tumors and hives before they start pumping toxin

you never needed a nekros to begin with if you have a properly equipped and skilled party. So its not manditory, its optional. o.o ive been on teams before without a nekros and gone to 45+ mins before extracting. Just takes proper skill and weaps. (which isnt hard to get if you go with more experienced players)

After all more deaths=more chances, where nekros needs to sit there and reroll like 5-6 times for 1 success. (not to mention the time you waste reviving them when you have a mass of higher damage output opponents) O.o a proper frame with good weaps can obliterate a crowds worth of chances by the time you get some LS drops from desecrate

Get a better Nekros....I have no issues going 40+ min. Also u don't need to reroll like that, I do it once...kill someone..reroll...no need to spam it over and over

Get a better Nekros....I have no issues going 40+ min. Also u don't need to reroll like that, I do it once...kill someone..reroll...no need to spam it over and over

o.o yeah umm you need to spam it (thats mostly what he is used for and what people whine about when your a nekros "spam desecrate") You dont always get stuff on the first use. And that 5-6 was the mention for the actual success of getting 1 LS drop from a reroll (from my experience watching nekros doing it and doing it myself on a group of opponents) 45+ mins the damage and amount of eximus opponents become insane.

I kinda like some other games version of survival, where the player is rewarded with time for each enemies killed. Survival in my opinion is suppose to see how far the players can go before the enemies completely overwhelms them, not something like rng stopping the o2 drop and force the players to extract.