Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lack Of Challenges For 'godlike' Players. What You Think?

AlastorOni

I know there was a lot of topics like this, but admit it, game is not challenging enough for badass warframes. I've got this game since closed beta, and I knew about it from polycount forums before it was released as beta... I haven't played lately since my character is already killing-immortal-machine of destruction (even sentinel can kill stuff for me with ease). From what I noticed there is a lot of tough players; aren't You guys bored? playing the mission is more of a race, than struggle for survival which could demand from You tactical thinking... or anything.
And don't tell me, if game is soo easy, then start playing with new warframe with a crappy new gear, or challenge myself by putting on my character some kind of my own penalties/rules which would limit me somehow. Difficulty level should grow with your tenno, I don't know... maybe there should be another galaxy for players with ridiculously high conclave (or just players who wants to enter it, or who passed through everything in current galaxy).
Anyone have any ideas what should be done? I am pretty sure there is quite an amount of 'godlike' players, with the same issue. Tennos have become unstopable. No one else feels a lack of challenge? ..ow come on, I won't belive it. What are Your ideas? Are you farmers or warriors?!

PS: I would like to get back to game, but meh... I can beat missions with ease, biggest worries during matches are: how fast can I run, and how much will I kill (if I even bother with shooting anyone...). So what are Your ideas?

I'd consider myself "at the top", like you explain it. Have just about everything, done just about everything.

I usually take some craplevel weapons and go on a journey, made it difficult on purpose. 

Otherwise, no, I don't get bored of this game. My friends find it strange too.

Edited by ConcretePie

oow come ooon! so You wouldn't like to raise the bar at all? wouldn't it be more... fun? I can do solo everything without any problem. Really? You wouldn't want some damanding levels, or any changes that would make game harder?

kleinepause.4mal.de-son-disappoint-02.pr

oow come ooon! so You wouldn't like to raise the bar at all? wouldn't it be more... fun? I can do solo everything without any problem. Really? You wouldn't want some damanding levels, or any changes that would make game harder?

Haven't you tried doing Breeding Grounds past a score 48? Try running it solo past 60. I find it hard to believe anyone can just 'breeze through'. 

I still say there should be a "Veteran" mode. Once you reach a certain point, like mastery rank what ever and the star chart is fully explored, you can click a button and increase the level of all the missions you do. So Mercury will jump up to level 20-30 and it goes up from there to pluto with around level what...50-60 enemies? 

This has the benefit of allowing the godlike players get a challenge, and keeping those whom don't want it out of it. As for switching between the two, they can just do something akin to when joining a nightmare mission, you can choose to do the nightmare or not. Also, another benefit of the increased level of veteran mode? The enemies could have completely different drop tables as they can be marked differently, or the missions even just like nightmare.

Haven't you tried doing Breeding Grounds past a score 48? Try running it solo past 60. I find it hard to believe anyone can just 'breeze through'. 

ok just in moment, 60 on solo, I am out to shop and then get on it, but that kind of solutions, or one that 'SRB_Tokan' mentioned aren't doing justice to what I meant by this topic.

I know there was a lot of topics like this, but admit it, game is not challenging enough for badass warframes. I've got this game since closed beta, and I knew about it from polycount forums before it was released as beta... I haven't played lately since my character is already killing-immortal-machine of destruction (even sentinel can kill stuff for me with ease). From what I noticed there is a lot of tough players; aren't You guys bored? playing the mission is more of a race, than struggle for survival which could demand from You tactical thinking... or anything.

And don't tell me, if game is soo easy, then start playing with new warframe with a crappy new gear, or challenge myself by putting on my character some kind of my own penalties/rules which would limit me somehow. Difficulty level should grow with your tenno, I don't know... maybe there should be another galaxy for players with ridiculously high conclave (or just players who wants to enter it, or who passed through everything in current galaxy).

Anyone have any ideas what should be done? I am pretty sure there is quite an amount of 'godlike' players, with the same issue. Tennos have become unstopable. No one else feels a lack of challenge? ..ow come on, I won't belive it. What are Your ideas? Are you farmers or warriors?!

PS: I would like to get back to game, but meh... I can beat missions with ease, biggest worries during matches are: how fast can I run, and how much will I kill (if I even bother with shooting anyone...). So what are Your ideas?

so you want the game adjusted to suit you...what about the many, many players that like that god like feeling...killing stuff with ease?

I want to see a challenge beyond 'tougher enemies' I mean look, it's not more fun shooting more bullets per enemy- Vor was a huge step in the right direction. Endgame content, more pressure from enemies (in that case in the form of damage) enjoyable, semi-random encounters with boss type enemies that have unique mechanics. The call is a fair one, but it's not going to be throwing more numbers at the players. Interesting challenge maps and community building experiences will be what make the endgame worthwhile.

(Edits: auto incorrect strokes again!)

Edited by Bernkastal

simplest solution that i can come up right at this moment?

give more ingame missions the same scaling difficulty effect of the current breeding grounds

ie the more missions you run, the more total aggression you build with the enemies, thus the missions get progressively harder

this could EASILY apply to sabotage/capture/exterminate/spy/deception/rescue missions

the grineer/corpus factions are getting tired of the non-stop onslaught of tennos just basically rekking their S#&$ everyday, so they start to ramp up their defenses accordingly

add some kind of mechanic to reset yer scaling, or have it reduce over time if you dont run a certain mission type

VIOLA, now basically all game content can scale upwards based on how repetitively you repeat content, and content you dont often play gets weaker, priming it for you to dive in and stomp on it b4 it gets harder and vice versa

honestly i am so impressed with this new game mechanic I really think it should be applied to everything ingame right now

kleinepause.4mal.de-son-disappoint-02.pr

Another fool who thinks numbers are the problem.

I'm sorry but you should do some research about how game design works before insinuating other people are $&*&*#(%& for not blindly agreeing with you.

You want a flat number increase? Put lower level versions of all your mods in and you've effectively increased the level of everything in the game.

You want an actual legitimate difficulty increase? You have to accept that DE has to ignore you for the 6 months or more as they actually do things about enemy and mechanic variety that you can't just mod out like the shield lancers. Because these thread only show DE that a small but incredibly vocal group want more numbers because they're bored. The best thing you can do to "fix" this is to shut up and wait.

simplest solution that i can come up right at this moment?

give more ingame missions the same scaling difficulty effect of the current breeding grounds

ie the more missions you run, the more total aggression you build with the enemies, thus the missions get progressively harder

this could EASILY apply to sabotage/capture/exterminate/spy/deception/rescue missions

the grineer/corpus factions are getting tired of the non-stop onslaught of tennos just basically rekking their S#&$ everyday, so they start to ramp up their defenses accordingly

add some kind of mechanic to reset yer scaling, or have it reduce over time if you dont run a certain mission type

VIOLA, now basically all game content can scale upwards based on how repetitively you repeat content, and content you dont often play gets weaker, priming it for you to dive in and stomp on it b4 it gets harder and vice versa

honestly i am so impressed with this new game mechanic I really think it should be applied to everything ingame right now

Waste of time that could be better spent actually building enemies with mechanics you can't just mod to irrelevancy. As well as a sterling example of why most people who play a game have no business trying to influence it's design.

Edited by Zeful

Dear 'god',

I need help learning this game. When you find time away from showcasing your glory on the forums I'll be on Mercury needing a revive.

A pony would be nice too.

Amen.

hahaha ehh..I can easily proof that my character is OP, two of us could pass any mission.

hahaha ehh..I can easily proof that my character is OP, two of us could pass any mission.

My reply to your thread was facetious. I'm not asking for you to "proof" anything. I AM asking that you stop poisoning the forums with your wannabe 'godlike' glory and horrendous grammar and go help a lower ranked player who needs you. Focus on being a better person in life, for that is truly "godlike".

'I AM asking that you stop poisoning the forums with your wannabe 'godlike' glory and horrendous grammar and go help a lower ranked player who needs you. Focus on being a better person in life, for that is truly "godlike".'
yyyyyy... what? haha! well English isn't my native language, I am trying to improve it whenever I can, and I rather consider myself as a good person in everyday normal situations, not that I should explain myself to You, hehe... actually its pretty funny; all You have written. All I wanted to proof is that game should make somehow a way for a really, really tough high end characters (since there are many OP players, from what I saw by all the time in game), way to push gameplay further, to make it challenging. Well I didn't realize that I am spreading a poison in forums, horrendous grammar... jea possibly. But! helping a lower ranked players wouldn't bring them joy to the game(if I would go full with everything), since I would do all the objectives... and I don't know... wouldn't it annoy You if some kickass guy got to Your lobby and start to kill everything by himself, all the time, reducing Your meaning in team to: 'let me pick this up, let me follow you, ok i will just stand here'!? ..certainly it wouldn't bring joy to me.

'I AM asking that you stop poisoning the forums with your wannabe 'godlike' glory and horrendous grammar and go help a lower ranked player who needs you. Focus on being a better person in life, for that is truly "godlike".'

yyyyyy... what? haha! well English isn't my native language, I am trying to improve it whenever I can, and I rather consider myself as a good person in everyday normal situations, not that I should explain myself to You, hehe... actually its pretty funny; all You have written. All I wanted to proof is that game should make somehow a way for a really, really tough high end characters (since there are many OP players, from what I saw by all the time in game), way to push gameplay further, to make it challenging. Well I didn't realize that I am spreading a poison in forums, horrendous grammar... jea possibly. But! helping a lower ranked players wouldn't bring them joy to the game(if I would go full with everything), since I would do all the objectives... and I don't know... wouldn't it annoy You if some kickass guy got to Your lobby and start to kill everything by himself, all the time, reducing Your meaning in team to: 'let me pick this up, let me follow you, ok i will just stand here'!? ..certainly it wouldn't bring joy to me.

so why not just tag along with the new player and just help out when needed? you don't have to prove how OP you are everytime you play. let the new kid on the block do most of the stuff...help out with game info teaching him things he needs to know...reviving him when needed...be an all around nice guy

And what is about the hostile reactions to my post? eee... why am I 'a fool who thinks numbers are a problem?' heh, and I never said that anyone who don't agree with me, that game needs to do something about lack of challange for players who are kindoff 'godlike', like You know 'godmode' like I mean, the veryy strong one guys (because there are many really strong players...who don't seak glory on forums, and try to brag on how powerfull they are, but they just dont have any problems with dealing with all missions..). Ueh...I didn't say that anyone is $&*&*#(%&... do I really need to explain this?
Bernkastal said: 'I want to see a challenge beyond 'tougher enemies' I mean look, it's not more fun shooting more bullets per enemy' YES! I totally agree!
and Rikovs idea of 'Veteran' mode etc, sounds worth considering.
I was just curious what You guys think, if You could come up with some idea, something better then: 'Pick unmodded Loki and basic gear, then fight in Outer terminus', or 'If you want a challenge play t4 survival with randoms 50+ min.'

so why not just tag along with the new player and just help out when needed? you don't have to prove how OP you are everytime you play. let the new kid on the block do most of the stuff...help out with game info teaching him things he needs to know...reviving him when needed...be an all around nice guy

naaah, what I meant is, that:

there is quite a large group of players who are just simply powerful enough to beat everything that game has to offer right now. I DONT WANT TO PROOF THAT I AM OP, lets get that straight, I want to proof, that there is a group of OP players, big enough to tag along and do some missions, equivalent to their level. I am not interested with helping/teaching new players, its their matter, they can deal with missions on their level just fine on their own. I just would like to find a way to push game further for strong characters, without making them to resign anything they achieved. Simple as that, and all I did here was asking of Yours ideas, how to make game thrilling for 'godlike' characters. In other words:

Magicfingers said that he likes that his character is (probably) unstoppable, from what I can imagine... but wouldn't it be more fun/satisfying when You were freaking powerful when You actually put in some effort? (more than Your gear and mods, and skills that destroys everything around..You know! when everything around dies just like that because.) Can anyone figure out what I mean?