Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Breeding Grounds Thoughts

SanityRobot

After grinding out the Prova Vandal over a couple hours, my general thoughts.

Overall, the game mode is pretty fun. It can get hectic at times, and trying to find the spores at first is pretty fun.

However, it feels like more stuff should be randomly generated. After several runs, it becomes apparent that the spores always spawn in a handful of places and it becomes less "look for the spores" and more "go around checking the spawn areas", which really blows a hole in that part of the enjoyment. 

The area effects also feel like they need to be randomly spawned. Always being in the same spot on every map just makes you run the same path every time. Most notable is the parallel stairway tile, in which one side is always completely covered and the other side is always completely clear.

Also wish there were more map tiles for the hives. I think there's only what, 5? Coupled with static spore locations, it became just repeating the same motions over and over.

And lastly, balance. I started out using Valkr and just running through invincible most of the time. Then I switched to Loki, and just ran through the entire mission while invisible and shooting the spores. I'm pretty sure I could play it indefinitely regardless of difficulty because I'm just invisible the whole time, eliminating the enemy difficulty and reducing it down to the same 4-5 static hive map tiles.

I'd also really like "endless" mode, where after you kill the first three, you can choose to extract or kill the next three, rinse and repeat. Would need more stacking effects, and the area effects would need to be more randomized, but yeah.

Edited by SanityRobot

You have to keep in mind that event tilesets are a lot more limited than the full tilesets.
They're generally only a fraction of what will be added later on. If they would already add every single tile/variation...there would be nothing left to look forward to.

i actually like the game mode idea you proposed but t may be a little hard to make.

also i agree with the points you made after a while it get to easy and simple but i only go back because of how awesome the map it. you get to see parts of the corpus ship you dont see in the non-infested version plus it looks way better then the orokin derelicts :D

You have to keep in mind that event tilesets are a lot more limited than the full tilesets.

They're generally only a fraction of what will be added later on. If they would already add every single tile/variation...there would be nothing left to look forward to.

good point we should all keep that in mind.

Of course, but it still deserves to be mentioned, since it is a factor. It's not like survival where the focus is on killing enemies, a lot of the enjoyment is derived from the environment, so a varied environment is more important for this game mode than others.

Edited by SanityRobot

However, it feels like more stuff should be randomly generated. After several runs, it becomes apparent that the spores always spawn in a handful of places and it becomes less "look for the spores" and more "go around checking the spawn areas", which really blows a hole in that part of the enjoyment. 

If they left it wide open, they might spawn inside walls or outside in space.

Edited by Archistopheles