Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Needs More Pvp

(PSN)Tichuna

Yes, they are talking about how unbalanced it would be. Which is why it's a bad idea.

So true. Totally agree. On the same note, anyone can come here and say that they have XX years of experience playing. Hell i have 25 years  of Rpg,mmo and online gaming. so logically i am more expert than you and most of the people here too.

Edited by (PS4)jenax002

-snip-

DE clearly started their desire for Warframe was to be a pure PvE structured game. Theyve said this at least 3-4 times over the course of devstreams between update 9 to the current version.

Sure DE has a long history for PvP games doesnt mean they wamted pvp in warframe.

Ive seen enough threads before conclave came out for people begging for more pvp outside of dojos. Why do u think conclave is so imbalanced? Because the structure of warframe is PvE based.

You cannot deny that. Most weapons that are fully modded will one shot other players in PvP.

I dont even know why im arguing about this, Warframe is still a Primarily PvE based game with bareboned PvP, that which I dont even care for.

Gleaming Talon drops after ages of farming-->invader spawns-->kills you-->out of revives-->mission fail-->rage

Bad idea is bad. And overused. And not original at all.

How hard is to use search function? Or think that nobody suggested DS kinda PvP? Really?

So true. Totally agree. On the same note, anyone can come here and say that they have XX years of experience playing. Hell i have 25 years  of Rpg,mmo and online gaming. so logically i am more expert than you and most of the people here too.

Wait... are you agreeing with me, or being sarcastic about one of my earlier comments?

If they redo the conclave ratings system from scratch so that it actually made sense, then used this as a limiter/matchmaker for this sort of system.

And very heaftily configure the spawning system so that the player joining in doesn't spawn anywhere near their target.

And (as you noted) allow people to opt out.  Which would practically be a guarantee for playing a Defense mission.

Then, if all that was in place, I'd shift to maybe.  That being said, your 20 years doesn't make you "am more expert" when some of us have been gaming for longer than that, some even notably longer (though not necessarily for online games).  Games with good PVP have very solid balance for that PVP.  That is why it works, no argument exists to counter that as it is a solid fact of gameplay.  Players need rules and limiters that force them into a realm which can be actively even, weeding out as many instances of death/kill that use methods which are "easymode" as possible, to force them to win simply be being better.

I've probably only got around 15 years going for online gaming, likely 12-13 of those years have MMOs within them somewhere, and a grand total of 24.5 years gaming under my belt.  However, all that time does not make my opinion on this matter any more or less valid than anyone else's.  For all anyone knows, I could easily be daft as all get out and not good at understanding proper gameplay balancing throughout much of that time.  Having experiences are all well and good, but for these sorts of debates, nothing matters of that, just what you're presenting at the moment.  Because there's no proof to be had in any of those claims.

No.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no.

No.

Did I mention no?

No.

Also No.

Possibly no.

Maybe no.

Cloudy with a chance of no.

Opposite of yes.

This will not work. At all.

First off: We've got enough PvP. Duelling, Conclaves and the upcoming 4v4 darksector conflicts are enough, and the former two have demonstrated why we cannot have this form of PvP anyway.

It's too imbalanced. A lot of warframe's abilities will be extremely hard to balance for PvP, and many have little to no counterplay in their current state.

Not to mention, as many have stated, high rank players will just invade lower rank sessions and stomp everyone, frustrating the newer player.

Plus, people play PvE because they want to battle the environment. Randomly forcing PvP on people is just a big no.

Oh, and the Stalker, Harvester and G3 are already a thing.

To reiterate: No.

no u.

Wait... are you agreeing with me, or being sarcastic about one of my earlier comments?

sorry about the confusion. i am actually agreeing with you. Just wanted to point out that he (Tichuna) mentioned his XX years of gaming experience which is pretty vague considering this is an online forum and anyone can throw out numbers.

Edited by (PS4)jenax002

sorry about the confusion. i am actually agreeing with you. Just wanted to point out that he (Tichuna) mentioned his XX years of gaming experience which is pretty vague considering this is an online forum and anyone can throw out numbers.

Indeed. I could claim that I've been gaming since 2003.

I'd be lying, but I could make that claim.

Edit: also, for some reason my posts come out like this on my screen:

{"success":1,"post":"{C}\n\n

\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t \n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t#58\n\t\t\t\t\ticon_share.png\n\t\t\t\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\t\t<\/span>\n\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\n\tCorvid<\/span>\n\t
Edited by Corvid

I personally am struggling to read his (Tichuna) comments as they have so much improper spelling, grammar and lack of flow. On the point of the topic I think it would be very annoying to be invaded mid-game. As it stands when i play dark souls it is more of an annoyance to be invaded than a fun time. Its not that im scared as you say all the time it is just a hindrance for me. Especially considering we already have the one-shotting stalker and the kill everyone in sight G3.

DE clearly started their desire for Warframe was to be a pure PvE structured game.

Their desire, later on, was for a focus on PvE. Having a priority doesn't mean you limit yourself to that. DE never denied PvP a future.

A little over a year later since PvP was added and that still hasn't changed.

doesnt mean they wamted pvp in warframe.

They did.

Why do u think conclave is so imbalanced?

Because balance is an issue that extends far beyond PvP, and has been an issue since before the PvP existed.

Powercreep, ho~!

Praise based Booben

Also, people keep bringing up the balance of weapons because the imbalanced weapons are like, 50% of the reason this is a bad idea

The other 50% is because warframe is primarially PvE, Veterans will stomp newbs, G3, stalker and harvester are already things, it'll just frustrate people in an already difficult mission, etc etc...

This isnt dark souls. I dont play PVE content to be invaded have my game ruined by others. Stalker, Harvey and the G3 do enough of that for me, thanks.

U14 is supposta include a new PVP mode, 4v4 so look forward to that.

Who says it has to be?

Turn the option off

Youre welcome

This games idea was strictly pve. The only reason why there is pvp at all is because people wouldn't stop asking for it. Theyve made repeated claims that they will not prioritize any form of direct pvp for a long time if not at all.

We do not want another dark souls or call of duty here. This is strictly a PVE game. PVP Is just an additional feature for fun.

Source on strictly PvE?

Cause last i checked we have conclave and some upcoming PvP content ontop of the indirect PvP we already have

Past development sstreams. Than again its beta game is subject to chamge as ive seen for the year ive been testing.

Id have to see a direct source to believe it

Theres certainly more evidence of intent to add pvp than keep it away and even if there wasnt there still isnt a good reason not to have it

OP wants dark souls in my warframe...
now, with that out of the way.

a fan of the souls games (demon souls, dark souls 1 and 2) I would love an option for invader based pvp...

that being said.  they would have to change the way conclave would work because lets be honest.

if I wanted, I could equip just one weapon (penta for the lols) to have a low conclave rating and just invade lowbies and one shot them... the group of them... does that really sound that fun?? hell! doesn't even have to be lowbies. you could **** someones whole T4S at 40+ min with just one well placed penta shot..

so as much as I would love an invader style pvp... It wont ever happen unless the devs are prepared to balance the S#&$ out of everything with pvp in mind.

Edited by RIOTx

This games idea was strictly pve. The only reason why there is pvp at all is because people wouldn't stop asking for it. Theyve made repeated claims that they will not prioritize any form of direct pvp for a long time if not at all.

Way before the game was in closed beta, the main focus was PvP. PvP will continue growing in Warframe. Why? That is the best replay value you can have. 

Edited by Mythblaze