Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plat Creep

dashashou

Because giant, animated cosmetics are worth the same as small, static ones. Because the others bundles also come with a Syandana. Because you're being forced to buy cosmetics.

Except none of those are correct, in any way.

Buying weapons is stupid, not discussing that.

Edited by Farren

Still nothing on "What Stalker" bundle.

As for the new armor, I think that the more expensive cost is reflective based on the effort and level of detail that went into it. For starters, it wiggles (yeah you heard me right the armor wiggles), and it also comes with the Syndana (while no other armor sets have Syndanas).

Armour sets sit at 100 each. And thusfar they have all been simple static additions, with the exception of the Edo chest piece. The difference here is that the new set has physics on 4 parts, as well as having a much higher level of detailing and coming with a super fancy syandana that uses a different rig to all other syandanas.

A lot of work went into these new cosmetics, so it is unsurprising that they have been allocated this sort of pricing.

Though if it is a bit much for you, remember that a 50% off plat effectively reduces the price, and in all likely-hood we will be seeing a darvo deal for it soon. 

I like how people say nobody is forcing you to buy these things.

I also feel like being forced not to buy them due to the outrageous prices. In fact, there isn't anything in this game worth buying other than slots, and maybe a potato or two. If prices were more down to earth, I'd probably buy plat again. I haven't in almost a year. heh.

it's been sneaking  up on us for awhile  now ,

But the new Iliac bundle discounted at only 220  really turn the plat creep into over drive  it 's really blooming  

this worries me  

I had this reaction too, but armor bundles are 100 plat, syandanas are 75. that only puts it at +45, which can be attributed to the animations on the new armor. It does look really cool

I like how people say nobody is forcing you to buy these things.

I also feel like being forced not to buy them due to the outrageous prices. In fact, there isn't anything in this game worth buying other than slots, and maybe a potato or two. If prices were more down to earth, I'd probably buy plat again. I haven't in almost a year. heh.

DE makes profit with the prices as they are now, why should they drop the prices just so they could potentially attract more paying customers? Especially when the items that can't be acquired without plat, are nothing more than cosmetic/convenience based.

WHALEZ BRO.

They're in this mindset of attracting fat walleted narrow minded people, versus pricing things to convert people into sales. It's a little bit of greed, and a little lack of confidence in their product. They think if they price things too low it would discourage the whales from buying. Since there's no inherent value. And that the larger pool of people who would buy, will not make up for the whales who spend hundreds if not thousands.

I convince retailers to sell lower, so they can buy cheaper, and turn more. That's what I do for a living, and guess what? The accounts that do, sell a hell of a lot more.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

Keyword there was "potentially". Just as there is the potential to attract more customers, there is the potential to make far less profit as the increase in customers does not guarantee a vast enough increase in sales to make up for the loss of profits.

your loki prime avatar betrays your bias  

WHALEZ BRO.

They're in this mindset of attracting fat walleted narrow minded people, versus pricing things to convert people into sales. It's a little bit of greed, and a little lack of confidence in their product. They think if they price things too low it would discourage the whales from buying. Since there's no inherent value. And that the larger pool of people who would buy, will not make up for the whales who spend hundreds if not thousands.

I convince retailers to sell lower, so they can buy cheaper, and turn more. That's what I do for a living, and guess what? The accounts that do, sell a hell of a lot more.

beat me to it

I love you, hugs and kisses

WHALEZ BRO.

They're in this mindset of attracting fat walleted narrow minded people, versus pricing things to convert people into sales. It's a little bit of greed, and a little lack of confidence in their product.

How do you know whether or not DE needs to lower its prices? Are you allowed to look at the sales numbers? 

WHALEZ BRO.

As one of the fat walleted narrow minded, I dont think that the things i have wanted to spend plat on are too costly. If they are, I wouldnt buy them. 

You should be happy, I and the rest of the fat wallets keep this game free from you.

You are welcome. 

your loki prime avatar betrays your bias  

My bias towards what? Loki Prime? How is that relevant to this discussion? If you're trying to imply that I am the kind of person who tosses money at this game a lot, you're dead wrong. I bought the Loki prime access purely because I am a Loki fan. I had to pool TWO WEEKS worth of pay to purchase the largest pack. Yeah, I don't get paid all that much. I'm sorry, but comments like these REALLY piss me off. I did not purchase prime access so that I could be mocked/made to feel bad for it.

As one of the fat walleted narrow minded, I dont think that the things i have wanted to spend plat on are too costly. If they are, I wouldnt buy them. 

You should be happy, I and the rest of the fat wallets keep this game free from you.

You are welcome. 

I've put money into this game. And I make a good living, but I also know a bad pricing model when I see one.

My bias towards what? Loki Prime? How is that relevant to this discussion? If you're trying to imply that I am the kind of person who tosses money at this game a lot, you're dead wrong. I bought the Loki prime access purely because I am a Loki fan. I had to pool TWO WEEKS worth of pay to purchase the largest pack. Yeah, I don't get paid all that much. I'm sorry, but comments like these REALLY &!$$ me off. I did not purchase prime access so that I could be mocked/made to feel bad for it.

NEVER feel bad. Your money, you do with it as you want. Anyone that is angry with you spending real money really wishes they could do the same.

NEVER feel bad.