Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plat Creep

dashashou

Still nothing on "What Stalker" bundle.

As for the new armor, I think that the more expensive cost is reflective based on the effort and level of detail that went into it. For starters, it wiggles (yeah you heard me right the armor wiggles), and it also comes with the Syndana (while no other armor sets have Syndanas).

This. Guys, that armor was given tons more time and effort into being created, and it's only a 25 plat hike anyway.

Games all over the world have always made certain cash shop items cost more or less than each other; either due to what Letter13 stated above, or the fact that certain items are older than newer ones.

Either way, absolutely none of the syandanas or armors are needed anyway. They have no stats, and other than being "cool" they have no reason to be worn. If you don't like the price, don't buy it. From what I've seen in game, many, many, many others seem to not mind the small hike at all. Infact, I myself don't mind it, and I'm one hell of a cheapskate. I'm planning on getting it relatively soon.

not talking about the thread or the bundle prices

You implied they should change, I questioned your thought process. You did comment on their attitude, and I still don't understand how you managed to get that vibe from DE. 

Again, I questioned your thought process. Why should they change anything when they're obviously making a profit as they are now? That was the nature of my question. I never actually asked you for sales numbers. I jokingly asked if they let you look at them. If you had said they did (and I believed you) I'd have apologized and asked your professional opinion.

It's only just an opinion

without talking about coupon I think the price are too much and "if I were a buyer" I would be more interested in purchasing if the price were lower, and I feel other people would think the same ; then in extension there is that possibility that DE would actually make more money if it was the case.

I just remember you posting a screenshot of you uninstalling Warframe from Steam a week or so ago. I was wondering what brought you back to the game so quickly.

I had good reasons. I wanted to help out some friends, so I hop on and capture footage, then loki, then event, then rebuttal towards phils sentiments by the devs sparked a little hope. The first reason sort of disappeared, but the fourth reason is keeping me going, a little.

That's all I'm gonna say. I don't think it's right to hijack a thread like this.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

I had good reasons. I wanted to help out some friends, so I hop on and capture footage, then loki, then event, then rebuttal towards phils sentiments by the devs sparked a little hope. The first reason sort of disappeared, but the fourth reason is keeping me going, a little.

That's all I'm gonna say. I don't think it's right to hijack a thread like this.

Welcome back! I hope you are finding some enjoyment out of all that.

As far as going back on topic, I was going of the same camp of the "well it does include a detailed syandana and animated armor pieces so it is more expensive" but now I think each individual piece is probably 5 or 10 plat too much.

Yes, it should be slightly more expensive than less sophisticated pieces, maybe by 5 or 10 plat, but not so much as this:

- Iliac Ankle Plate = 85% more expensive than standard pieces, 62.5% more expensive than Edo

- Iliac Shoulder Plate = 50% more expensive than standard pieces

- Iliac Chest Plate (this piece is priced fairly IMO) = 11.11% more expensive than standard pieces, 42.85% more expensive than Edo

- Iliac Syandana = 70% more expensive than standard pieces

Welcome back! I hope you are finding some enjoyment out of all that.

As far as going back on topic, I was going of the same camp of the "well it does include a detailed syandana and animated armor pieces so it is more expensive" but now I think each individual piece is probably 5 or 10 plat too much.

Yes, it should be slightly more expensive than less sophisticated pieces, maybe by 5 or 10 plat, but not so much as this:

- Iliac Ankle Plate = 85% more expensive than standard pieces, 62.5% more expensive than Edo

- Iliac Shoulder Plate = 50% more expensive than standard pieces

- Iliac Chest Plate (this piece is priced fairly IMO) = 11.11% more expensive than standard pieces, 42.85% more expensive than Edo

- Iliac Syandana = 70% more expensive than standard pieces

I get a high price off the bat.

But why is "What Stalker?" still 800? Seriously.

Darvo might've been an experiment to see if old content will sell at a lower rate. But, the things he sold were inconsequential, and still too much to make for an argument.

I think anything past 3-6 months should be on a sliding scale from 25% to 75% off.

They are losing sales, keeping things like, the update packs and what stalker at their initial price.

Have you seen the Iliac syndana? That thing is freaking huge! Thats well worth the plat, if you ask me.

And bear in mind the other pieces (barring the chest which is also bigger than average) are also animated.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Guest ExiTiuM_GR

Its not only cosmetics.there is an option in market that u pay 30p to get 9000 credits :/ isnt that a bit dumb ? XD who would do that

Have you seen the Iliac syndana? That thing is freaking huge! Thats well worth the plat, if you ask me.

And bear in mind the other pieces (barring the chest which is also bigger than average) are also animated.

I don't see the Iliac Syandana being 70% larger or more complex than the other Syandanas to justify the 70% price increase.

I also don't see the other pieces being at least 50% more expensive just because they are animated, and definitely not at least 50% bigger than the rest.

My suggestions:

DE needs to go through the market and reprice things that were introduced at high prices when the items were first introduced months ago, to bring them back to more reasonable levels, or bundle them better to make them more affordable now that they are no longer the new hotness, and no longer fit the game's economy.

We could also use nonstop weekly and daily Darvo Deals.

I don't see the Iliac Syandana being 70% larger or more complex than the other Syandanas to justify the 70% price increase.

I also don't see the other pieces being at least 50% more expensive just because they are animated, and definitely not at least 50% bigger than the rest.

Not sure if sarcasm...

Well even if it's fair compared to other armour bundles (it's not, but let's assume it is), that doesn't change that for the quality and quantity, the armour bundles cost about 100% more than they're worth. 

The Iliac set should be about 100-120, while the other armour sets ought to be about 50. 

At least, in my opinion. For the content provided, all of the armour is grossly overpriced.

Well even if it's fair compared to other armour bundles (it's not, but let's assume it is), that doesn't change that for the quality and quantity, the armour bundles cost about 100% more than they're worth. 

The Iliac set should be about 100-120, while the other armour sets ought to be about 50. 

At least, in my opinion. For the content provided, all of the armour is grossly overpriced.

You think they should be quite a bit less than $10? I disagree.

Far as pricing goes, yes, its outrageous sometimes. I havent spent a dime on this game, never gotten a 75% coupon either. Ive made all my plat through trading and bought lots of slots and cosmetics with that. Im now at the point where I have everything I want, so even if I did get a coupon I wouldnt buy plat anyway, I dont need it anymore. Sorry DE :(

The only way DE will possibly get money from me is because of the current Steam event. The only way I can get the Drakgoon Rubedo skin is to buy it from somebody on Steam, and if DE doesnt get to wet their beaks from those transactions then theyre back to not making money off me.