Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alleviate Gun Balance With Weapon-Specific Ammo Capacities!

Novashank

This is a very simple change (or fix, if you'll grant that) that I've patiently been hoping for, for a LOOOONG time but never saw so far.

The variability of Damage, Crit Chance/Damage and Status Chance are definitely the only major factors in a gun's effectiveness in Warframe. However, this one overlooked change could turn that issue on it's ugly headSTOP USING THE SAME AMMO CAPACITY FOR EVERY SINGLE GUN IN EACH CATEGORY!!!

Why would you give a rocket launcher or grenade launcher 540+ projectiles?! Why would you give a chaingun only 6 belts of 100 rounds instead of maybe 10?! It's even worse for bullet hose dual machine pistols to have combined 100-round magazines because all secondary guns have only 210 rounds in reserve!

Think about all that for a second. Now imagine if that Ogris or Penta had a reasonable 60 projectiles in reserve,  if the Soma had 10 belts of 100 shots, or if the Boar Prime had 240 total shells (15x16) instead of no more than 150? Imagine if the Dex Furis had 100x10 rounds and the Angstrum no more than 100? Would that be so bad? Would that be "too op"? Why shouldn't we have a constant amount of reloads for each gun type instead of a constant ammo capacity? (I know some of you will try to answer that question too so good luck with that!) Even then we would still have some ammo economy issues but it's better than the present situation amirite?

Consider the prospect of this simple mathematical change: ***each gun should have the same amount of 10-25 reloads. Ammo pick-up amounts should be be percentage-based on the weapon's specific ammo capacity***. (use a multiplier value of 10-25 on "magSize" to get "ammoCap" instead of a constant value in the code, BOOM. Fix.). Now the gun's rate-of-fire and reload speed will make a massive difference in the overall gun balance. And I mean MASSIVE! Now you'll actually WANT to use your Dex Furis, Wraith Twin Vipers, Boar Prime, Braton Prime, Drakgoon, Akfuris, Supra, Dual Cestras, Wraith Gorgon, Twin Gremlins, *MITER* and several other guns that do crap damage but compensate with rate of fire but don't have enough ammo, or other guns that do good damage but also don't have enough ammo (like the Miter).

See how many weapons that makes much more worth using now? And this is a much simpler and therefore more likely change than tweaking ALL THE OTHER VALUES, seeing as DE will never get around to that. (No offense DE but you know it's true.)

Edited by Novashank

With ammo mutation, ammo restore packs and Nekros? Ammo won't matter unless it's considered and factored into in a major overhaul of the mod system. Limiting it now and on it's own would just be an annoyance to players who will work around it to keep playing the ways they already do, rather than change the way they play to conserve ammo.

Edited by VKhaun

The Grakata is an example of a larger than standard ammo pool... but One will notice it's not exactly a fix.  More ammo per box is the fix.  There's a reason people stick with low RPM, high damage per round guns over bullet hoses - ammo efficiency.  Whether the pool is 540, 675, or a mere 20, the one-hit-wonders will still be hard pressed to spend 20 rounds before they find a box of ammo to replace those 20 rounds, and they'll have easily dropped 10-20 guys in those 20 rounds regardless, which means plenty of chances at boxes.

With ammo mutation, ammo restore packs and Nekros? Ammo won't matter unless it's considered and factored into in a major overhaul of the mod system. Limiting it now and on it's own would just be an annoyance to players who will work around it to keep playing the ways they already do, rather than change the way they play to conserve ammo.

i agree with VKhaun another thread for a senseless sugestion that would not affect gameplay at all,  some people seem to see this as the real main problem with warframe,  next week on youll see "i had to quit warframe because ogris had 500 bullets instead of 60"  you wouldnt run out of ammo or had to make shots counts with 60 anyway, but they had to listen to me when i suggested it

Edited by Edgedemon