Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Idea: Vespa (A Wasp/bee-Themed Warframe, Bear With Me)

GTG3000

Bees?

I'm just going to come out and say it: when I first saw this I thought it was going to be a clone of the Typhus warframe concept, much like I initially thought Ash was a male counterpart to Ember, but after reading through it, I think it's a good idea.  However, I have a few criticisms:

First off, the armor looks like it is a bit high for this Warframe (the following is my personal feelings and might come off as gripes so please bare with me).  Wasps and bees aren't known for being sturdy or strong insects, relying on numbers, flight, and poison instead of brawn, so I personally feel the armor is too high for a warframe that takes cues from them.  Plus the abilities feel like they are designed for sniping and avoiding getting hit, which is something you wouldn't expect from a warframe that can take more hits than Excalibur, but that's probably just me.

Second, the third and fourth abilities feel too similar. despite the fact that one is used for damage and the other for distraction.  Again, this might just be me griping, but I personally feel that it would be better if you condensed them into one ability and replaced the other with an ability that takes advantage of the Wasps most disturbing feature: laying eggs inside it's prey.  Again, I might just be griping, but I feel that her fourth ability could be something that infects a target opponent with an egg that turns them into a walking gestation hive that constantly spews forth drones that attack your enemies.  It would probably need some balances, like having the drones not attack their host while gathering aggro from the hosts allies.  Again, my personal feelings.

Design looks cool

Thank you, but I owe most of that to the artists, obviously.

Bees?

I'm just going to come out and say it: when I first saw this I thought it was going to be a clone of the Typhus warframe concept, much like I initially thought Ash was a male counterpart to Ember, but after reading through it, I think it's a good idea.  However, I have a few criticisms:

First off, the armor looks like it is a bit high for this Warframe (the following is my personal feelings and might come off as gripes so please bare with me).  Wasps and bees aren't known for being sturdy or strong insects, relying on numbers, flight, and poison instead of brawn, so I personally feel the armor is too high for a warframe that takes cues from them.  Plus the abilities feel like they are designed for sniping and avoiding getting hit, which is something you wouldn't expect from a warframe that can take more hits than Excalibur, but that's probably just me.

Second, the third and fourth abilities feel too similar. despite the fact that one is used for damage and the other for distraction.  Again, this might just be me griping, but I personally feel that it would be better if you condensed them into one ability and replaced the other with an ability that takes advantage of the Wasps most disturbing feature: laying eggs inside it's prey.  Again, I might just be griping, but I feel that her fourth ability could be something that infects a target opponent with an egg that turns them into a walking gestation hive that constantly spews forth drones that attack your enemies.  It would probably need some balances, like having the drones not attack their host while gathering aggro from the hosts allies.  Again, my personal feelings.

Hm, her maximum effective health is 1322,25 with only the mods. By the same formula ( (BaseHealth*8.6)*(1+(BaseArmour*2.1)/300) ), Excal gets 1251,3 so it's only ~71 health point of difference, when not accounting for warcry and whatever else.

I understand your point, though. The idea was that a person who designed the frame went with "bees/wasps had external armour, let's surround the frame with some!", but it could be a bit tankier than needed, though it's my guilty pleasure to play frames that can rush into the fray more or less effectively. Technically, some wasps rely more on being huge (for bugs) killing machines, but bees do rely mostly on numbers, so I guess arguments can be made for both.

Primarily, I've seen this frame as a mobile sniper that can reach all those parcoury places easily and shoot from there, while not getting overwhelmed when it comes to close quarters. She's really more like an alternate take on early version of Volt, with jet boost as opposed to simple speed (if you haven't seen how Volt used to be, I recommend looking for videos on youtube, you could run up a crate and get launched into close orbit). 

Compared to Excalibur, Vespa has less CC and less ability damage potential, exchanging that for improved mobility and a bit of extra health, which mostly results in being able to heal faster. 

As for the 3rd and 4th abilities, you can see that they were changed a few times. Originally the idea for ultimate was to unleash a massive cloud of drones that chewed on enemy shields and staggered them if there was no shield. Then there was an idea to release a salvo of missiles in a macross missile massacre. 

I like the idea for ultimate you're suggesting, going to add it to the OP.

Also, you will laugh but I didn't learn about typhus concept until today <_<.

Edited by GTG3000

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

this Warframe gives me so much inspiration on my concepts as well thank you so much!

whenever im stuck and need help on my frames i look here for inspiration, that and listen to music and pictures, you are a real help dude!

Also WHY the heck is this not in Warframe already it's pure genius are you a writer? im actually a writer too i'm actually a student in literature, highschool at the moment lol.

The creativity is almost close enough to make me fangirl, but im a boy lol

thanks again for this Frame and topic without it i would've never been inspired to try creating frames of my own.....

BETA Frames in Work:

Neko the Catframe

Kyne the Dragonborn frame

can't wait for you to see them...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love the art for this frame, but I realy dislike how youre trying to make her look naked, its something I hate about alot of concept art made for warframe.

I'm not trying to make her look naked. She's about the same as classic warframes - somewhat form fitting suit with bulky armour around it. 

I'm not trying to make her look naked. She's about the same as classic warframes - somewhat form fitting suit with bulky armour around it. 

I guess I wasn't clear enough, but forget it, I would probably get banned trying to explain.... her "suit" is just too tight around the belly and chest area....

Anyway, love this concept, i would love to see this in warframe, great job.

I guess I wasn't clear enough, but forget it, I would probably get banned trying to explain.... her "suit" is just too tight around the belly and chest area....

Anyway, love this concept, i would love to see this in warframe, great job.

Well, your point is as valid as mine.