Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Osprey Is Evil

Eraser35

Which means its a good unit. It actually makes infested missions difficult. Instead of the easy peasy stuff they used to be.

Ain't gonna stop people from complaining - though, I'm 90% sure that somewhere in all of it there's at least one decent complaint about them.

Which means its a good unit. It actually makes infested missions difficult. Instead of the easy peasy stuff they used to be.

Haha.

So, by this logic, if there's a unit that can immediately one-shot you without warning from across the map, it's a "good unit"?

Because it makes missions difficult?

I'm not saying the mutalist osprey is artificial difficulty, but that's some garbage logic.

Haha.

So, by this logic, if there's a unit that can immediately one-shot you without warning from across the map, it's a "good unit"?

I'm not saying the mutalist osprey is artificial difficulty, but that's some garbage logic.

There's a line between "difficult" and "impossible"

This cloud-spawning osprey unit? That's difficult. That means challenge, challenge in a game is good.

One-shotting Super Clones (or whatever). That's impossible, that's broken, that's something that needs to be fixed.

Haha.

No by that logic they add more difficulty and no longer leave infested as easy making it A GOOD UNIT.   

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

No by that logic because they add more difficulty and no longer leave infested as easy making it A GOOD UNIT.   

Wrong.

The mutalist osprey is a "good enemy" not because it is "difficult", but because it is interesting.

It fill the long-neglected role of flying infested.

It carries crawlers into battle, restoring combat relevancy to a previously forgettable enemy type.

It's the first instance of a combination enemy type (osprey & crawler).

For these reasons, it's a good unit.

Not because it adds "more difficulty".

Wrong.

The mutalist osprey is a "good enemy" not because it is "difficult", but because it is interesting.

It carries crawlers into battle, restoring combat relevancy to a previously forgettable enemy type.

But it can't be denied that it does add more difficulty. Consider, if you will, that it did this but it's damage and health, and the damage and health of those things it carries in, were cut in half. Interesting still? Oh yeah, but weak, not strong enough to pose a threat - not "difficult" to face off again.

A case can be made for both, but your points do clarify one thing: it's a combination of the elements, "difficulty" and interesting mechanics, not just one or the other that makes it a good unit.

The person you quoted also didn't NOT acknowledge such a line - don't try to put words in his mouth that he didn't say.

Don't over-complicate things.

Dtexas obviously associated quality with difficulty, and exclusively so. I objected to that assertion.

Clearly I was responding to the absence of moderation in his statement.

But it can't be denied that it does add more difficulty. Consider, if you will, that it did this but it's damage and health, and the damage and health of those things it carries in, were cut in half. Interesting still? Oh yeah, but weak, not strong enough to pose a threat - not "difficult" to face off again.

A case can be made for both, but your points do clarify one thing: it's a combination of the elements, "difficulty" and interesting mechanics, not just one or the other that makes it a good unit.

Of course.

My entire point is that numbers-difficulty alone does not a good unit make.

Edited by Knaimhe

Haha.

Yeah the whole because it can one shot your team its good idea doesnt make any sense.

Grineer have their heavy gunners, napalms, and bombards.

Corpus have their shockwave, railgun, and fusion moas.

...and Infested have their disrupters, toxics, and MUTALIST OSPREYS!

I'd say we are making progress in making the three main factions equally threatening. Now Vauban users will have to prioritize in killing those pesky ospreys.

Wrong.

My fault I thought we overstood that it is these very same additions that deem this enemy difficult by some. Interesting and difficult are nearly synonymous for the sake of my perspective regarding this issue. I think the difficulty brought about from the interesting changes to this osprey is well needed in the infested faction thereby making it a good unit. Better for you?

Grineer have their heavy gunners, napalms, and bombards.

Corpus have their shockwave, railgun, and fusion moas.

...and Infested have their disrupters, toxics, and MUTALIST OSPREYS!

I'd say we are making progress in making the three main factions equally threatening. Now Vauban users will have to prioritize in killing those pesky ospreys.

Wait until th infested Moa and the rest.... I CANNOT WAIT. Infested are going to be a force again. They used to be boring...now they are definitely not. 

Haha.

I said it was a good unit as in design wise,  I was not trying to say that it was perfect and should be left alone. I am perfectly aware that it does need some changes.

The issue is more that the poision can do damage faster than you can heal it with a medium heal kit (at a point does 75+ damage per tick, direclty to health), that has a tiny radius so you cant move about enough while healing. 

That would be fine accept the hitbox on them means that you cant actually shoot their "wings", bullets pass right through them not damaging them in the slightest.

If the dot/hitbox wasnt as bad as that then it would be a good enemy.

Well, I like em.

Infested lacked an air unit and this one is definitely different from the c orpus/grin ones.

Cant say I have trouble against em but thats probly cuz I move alot when figgting infested (which most ppl probably do 2.) Its nice that they try to compliment the crawlers.

My primary complaint is toxic damage.  I'm not a fan of any kind of damage that bypasses shields, whether it's a tenno causing it or an enemy.  And taking 500 damage straight to health in a second or so because you are boxed in by two dozen infested (three of whom are disruptor ancients) isn't really what I call a fun and balanced enemy.

if it were a relatively uncommon / rare enemy?  Maybe.  But I see three-five of these things in every hallway I run through, and that's not even in rooms where I have to spend time hunting down tumor nodes.

Sorry y'all, but I'm just not a fan of this unit at the moment.