Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are People Complaining About Infested Ospreys?

SJunior

Is it really so hard to prioritize enemies, And shoot the most dangerous first? E.g. The infested osprey. They are very easy to see being the only flying unit, They don't use their toxic cloud until they put down their crawler and fly around a little bit after they do that too. They take about 1 or 2 shots with any decently modded weapon, And then they are gone.

Most of my runs I hadn't even noticed they could shoot out poison because they died so fast. Even in the higher level'd versions of my runs, They are so easy to pick out they aren't /that/ much of a threat.

I'm finding it hard to see why having enemies like this is a bad thing. Shoot annoying osprey once as soon as you see it, Before fighting other units in like manner to fighting normal Ospreys. Carry on as if they never existed.

My issues with them are that they're weirdly tanky, and have completely broken hitboxes on top of that. Personally, I haven't been having too much trouble with their damage, but I hear it gets pretty out of hand in Defense missions.

Also some people aren't used to that fact yet, that it's pretty suicidal to go Melee-only now.

Bringing the sword alone to a toxin fight? Bad idea.

It pretty much forces people to forget about Melee and use their guns as a master solution to everything, pretty contradictionary to what Melee 2.0 was all about.

The problem is mainly defense from what I have seen, where they get hung up in places, drop crawlers in impossible places, swarm and spam their toxin clouds, are near impossible to hit even with ogris sometimes(occasionally invulnerable to Ogris, but this is likely a bug that will be fixed and not an intentional thing) And finally in the higher waves their toxin can near instantly kill even heavily tanky frames, as in a rhino with a fresh iron skin going to try and revive someone and being taken down in a matter of 4-5 seconds just from the toxins, I actually witnessed this happen around wave 25 in ODD.

These are the main reasons I have seen people complaining about them, and I have tried to fight them myself, antitoxin falls off very quickly, and hiding in high places only works some of the time because they can and eventually almost always do charge upwards towards you.

The problem is mainly defense from what I have seen, where they get hung up in places, drop crawlers in impossible places, swarm and spam their toxin clouds, are near impossible to hit even with ogris sometimes(occasionally invulnerable to Ogris, but this is likely a bug that will be fixed and not an intentional thing) And finally in the higher waves their toxin can near instantly kill even heavily tanky frames, as in a rhino with a fresh iron skin going to try and revive someone and being taken down in a matter of 4-5 seconds just from the toxins, I actually witnessed this happen around wave 25 in ODD.

These are the main reasons I have seen people complaining about them, and I have tried to fight them myself, antitoxin falls off very quickly, and hiding in high places only works some of the time because they can and eventually almost always do charge upwards towards you.

Mostly this.

Tho I want to add, that while they telegraph their toxic attack, the sound they make easily gets lost in all the other infested screeching and gunfire, and is very low volume, and mostly only can be heard when the Osprey is close to begin with.

Because of this in survival missions they become easy to miss, esspecially after ancients start to spawn rapidly, simply due to the number of enemies you have to keep an eye on, and all the different directions they can come from.

I don't see a problem with them at all, to be honest.

Yes, they can do a ton of damage if you elect to stand still though.

I've found that the simplest way to deal with them is aim at them first whenever possible and move away from where you were when you hear them chirp.

Sadly, I have had to start carrying HP restores for my poor Carrier though...

I could see where their flight pattern would be a headache for flight time projectiles as well... But that's a cause for practice though.

I'm skipping most of the topics because all I see is " IT KILLD ME SO IT NEEDS NERF"
The point of a game is to have a chalange. When there's no chalange. its no longer fun, and you looses the will to play.

Infested defense missions.
Really?
You are complaning about a mission, where all you needed was 1 vaban, and any explosion weapon.
hell.
any weapon period.
Ogris, Penta, Thunderbolt/dread, anything with metal auger. anything at all.

Now that you actually have to put some thought and aim, rather then just afk.
and you're raging?

"Uhh.. level 10 wave and im dead"
So dont stand in one freekin spot the whole time, and equipt antitoxin. Ya know. that mod that REDUCES TOXIC DAMAGE
On top of that, you always have the press 4 to win trinity?

What happens when they introduce other enemies?
Juggernaught?
Assassin grenier?
turrets, other traps.

Everyone expects everything to be paper thin light weight "I NEED TO KILL IT WITH MY RANK 20 LATO OTHER WISE ITS OP, AND ALSO IT CAN't KILL ME BECAUSE IM RHINO, AND RHINO IN IRON SKIN IS THE ONLY WAY TO PLAY THE GAME"

They complained because they wanted harder enemy. now when they have 1 they complain again because its ''too hard'' for them. Solution - cant handle mutalist osprey? stay out of infested missions. for me, i totaly love those guys. its fun how they killed my whole team in 14 seconds. BUFF them  :DD

Edited by S0ulre4per

^^ that and because it adds more of a challenge. now you cant just bring your penta and right click then left click 3 seconds after

Actually you are wrong... with Penta its should be easy to hit him

The only reason why I hate it ?Because when I'm ranking my melee weapon(prova vandal atm) I'm unable to hit him even if he near to ground ,any flyng thing need some bug fix

I'm skipping most of the topics because all I see is " IT KILLD ME SO IT NEEDS NERF"

The point of a game is to have a chalange. When there's no chalange. its no longer fun, and you looses the will to play.

Infested defense missions.

Really?

You are complaning about a mission, where all you needed was 1 vaban, and any explosion weapon.

hell.

any weapon period.

Ogris, Penta, Thunderbolt/dread, anything with metal auger. anything at all.

Now that you actually have to put some thought and aim, rather then just afk.

and you're raging?

"Uhh.. level 10 wave and im dead"

So dont stand in one freekin spot the whole time, and equipt antitoxin. Ya know. that mod that REDUCES TOXIC DAMAGE

On top of that, you always have the press 4 to win trinity?

What happens when they introduce other enemies?

Juggernaught?

Assassin grenier?

turrets, other traps.

Everyone expects everything to be paper thin light weight "I NEED TO KILL IT WITH MY RANK 20 LATO OTHER WISE ITS OP, AND ALSO IT CAN't KILL ME BECAUSE IM RHINO, AND RHINO IN IRON SKIN IS THE ONLY WAY TO PLAY THE GAME"

Its the fact that the charge has a stupidly high status chance, so if it so much as grazes you, you're going down. The lack of counterplay to it is the big problem, if we had a way to reliably cleanse status effects then people wouldn't be complaining.

Then there is the problem with an aerial infested unit, infested was the only faction that you could melee only reliably, and these ospreys removed that ability, thus creating outrage towards the unit.