Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I See You Changed Nothing About The New Star Map...

Pbrandon1

Oh god...all the planets lined up like that makes my OCD go mad.

Anyway, the way the planets are kinda lined up is just weird and is much better if it was the same way the Star Map is set-up like it is right now. The lining is just weird. Other then that, I think the way nodes are lined up are interesting, I hope you show a difference between nodes on a planet to ones not on it by spacing them out.

Anyway, Thank you for Reading.

...all the planets lined up like that makes my OCD go mad.

Anyway, the way the planets are kinda lined up is just weird and is much better if it was the same way the Star Map is set-up like it is right now. 

Do clarify. You confused me. 

He doesn't like the demo of the u14 starmap. All of the planets are on a single orbit around the player. It's kind of weird.

He'd prefer it if it was something like it is now, where the map is actually fairly accurate on order from the sun.

EDIT: FWIW, I agree. I actually kind of like the fact it teaches you a little something about the solar system right now.

Edited by Llyssa

He doesn't like the demo of the u14 starmap. All of the planets are on a single orbit around the player. It's kind of weird.

He'd prefer it if it was something like it is now, where the map is actually fairly accurate on order from the sun.

EDIT: FWIW, I agree. I actually kind of like the fact it teaches you a little something about the solar system right now.

Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry, did this pretty late.

Edited by Pbrandon1

Moons not with parent plants, nodes named after moons, not all moons are "regions", spaced out in a weird way, etc....

I like them both, but Phobos and Europa are moons and they have independent orbits on the star map. That kinda makes me want to cry. At least the new system is more a planet selection display, then a simulation of the planet order. 

I think the bigger problem with the new star chart is that it clutters the screen and limits future addition of new regions. What we saw in the demo was already filled the entire ring. How will DE add more planets/moons into the chart? Lower the size of existing planets? Expand the ring? Clutter the screen even more?

Geez, I seriously doubt ability of whoever design this new chart.