Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Burnout

Llyssa

I don't want to play right now.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I had to get ~900 points total in the event before I finally got my prova.

The mission is fun, no doubt, but it's a tad long and intricate to keep pounding at it that much.

I appreciate the effort in making the event new and different, but I don't appreciate the number of times I got 43 points for no apparent reason, or the string of sub-18s I got.

Admittedly, yeah, I did around 200 missions for gradivus, but that was paced out--you didn't need to spend hours on end with the same group to keep your score from slipping as you attack it overandoverandoverandover. You did your 5 for a node, moved on. You could even change it up a little by swapping sides, and if you got bored, losing your group by logging out for a bit or going somewhere else was NOT a massive detriment to further progress.

Also, the mutalis gas clouds are a tad much. Very large area distributed by a very tiny enemy, quite quickly, and they last a really long time. As a bonus, some people don't crawl out of them when they enter bleed out, so you're left trying to ress them while not getting yourself killed.

They either need to be weaker, smaller, less frequent, slower to deploy, shorter duration, or some combination there of. Or, heck, leave them as-is, but make them combustible, so that hitting them with fire or electric damage burns them up, destroying them.(If you still want it to be something of a hazard, make it so that each individual aerial strand has to be burned up separately).

If it was a single player game, or all of my teams were elite pros, it's no big deal. However, when playing along side the general population, it's quite devastating.

The base ideas are all good. The base execution is all good. I'm just not a fan of being locked in to playing one mission over and over for hours on end.

EDIT: For precision sake, it's exactly 942 points. o.0

Edited by Llyssa

Wow. I'm at work but I'm pretty sure that's over double what my total was when I got my Prova Vandal...

The mission seemed to scale up the types and combinations of targets so it was different each time. The tumors also shifted around. It's definitely an improvement over previous things we had to repeat. Helped keep it fresh quite well... but I don't think anything would make me go to that many missions and not feel burned out except other people. I didn't even get my Brakk during that event. I played, I was just like F-that and didn't do 100 missions lol.

On the brightside, I have mastered every single jump required in every single room of every single map to get exactly where I want to go when I want to go as fast as I possibly can. I'm to the point where I'm thinking up jumps that aren't required just to see how I could use them. I've also found at least 5 secret rooms. I suspect I know where at least two more are, but.... I don't want to check.

I love helping others with things like this, and I'm sure my score should count for something, but... I don't understand why it had to be so high(particularly when I know that my groups I had were not sporting much less).

I do very much wonder what the scoring system was, because I got 41 points for a certain set of hives plus level 41 enemies, and I got 45 points for the same set of hives with level 34 enemies. o.0

It just really doesn't make any sense.

I think the problem here is that when playing with random people online your mission score can get reduced significantly when your team mates have less points accumulated than you.

Even though this event is quite fun. Its rather discouraging playing with random people or in fact with any players at all. I mostly played this event solo so far which creates other problems as you can imagine. Like running out of revives since level 130 enemies one hit you with anything they do.

I believe the better option would have been to calculate the score independantly for each team member in your squad.

I went in online with 0 total to check what this new tileset is like and completed the mission with 57 points on that very first time. Have not seen score higher than 41 since then and i have grinded it up to 700 total by now. I enjoy the mission and i will grind it even more to level my Prova Vandal :).

i m at 1500 and i wonder why i m not logged to play more.

you just have to don't rush it. i forgot what rush was, but it s awful, and the whole essence disappears. using invis is super crappy too. i really look forward to see that type of mission getting pushed even more, with possible plot twist and urgence extractions or continued mode.

and with nubs this is not even much worse, most of them fear the thing, so they dont rush and stay with you. sometime they die. well. i drop a vortex, wait a bit for the trails to dissipate, and rez them, we slaughter a bit, and here we go.

the fear. the fear is good.

It's not "rushing" so much as "there's no reason you shouldn't be doing this until you've succeeded", and "I've had to do this 60-something times in a row with no success".

Technically it's like failing the mission, 60 times in a row. That's... ew.

they should have explained the scoring system, the rest was fine, if not great, in my opinion.

I had 51 in a single mission with only around 320 points total.

there was no scoring problem, it does work fine, the problem is their matchmaking system grouping players with a high total score with players with a low total score, dragging down the team average resulting in a lower difficulty and lower end score.

there was no scoring problem, it does work fine, the problem is their matchmaking system grouping players with a high total score with players with a low total score, dragging down the team average resulting in a lower difficulty and lower end score.

no that doesnt matter, even when you play solo you sometimes get less points than your previous run ....

no that doesnt matter, even when you play solo you sometimes get less points than your previous run ....

that was also explained quite clearly if you looked.

the scores differ because every time you start a game those 3 hives you destroy are each worth different amounts of points, there are 6 different hives in total, which when destroyed yield different debuffs/effects and scores.

this is why you can get a lower score after a higher one, your previous game may have given you the top 3 scoring hives to destroy and your next game the lower 3 scoring hives, resulting in a lower score than before.

again this information was available if you checked the forums, the main article on the actual event clearly states how this works

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/249133-update-1380-breeding-grounds/

HOW DO POINTS WORK?
There are 6 types of Hives that yield different points depending on the difficulty of the mission and the difficulty of the hive type. Destroying hives has adverse effects and dangerous consequences. Be on alert! Each mission will contain 3 hives determined by the difficulty of the mission. You will notice a "Total" value in the UI under the Operations tab. The higher this number, the stronger the stink and more difficult the missions!
Edited by Methanoid

The scoring wasn't explained that clearly. A group that gets all 3 high-scoring hives, and lvl 41 enemies in 1 round, and all 3 high-scoring hives and lvl 34 enemies in the next round, should not get MORE points in the next round. Yet, that got 1 point higher.

It only took me 19~20 runs to get my "accumulator" up to a point where when I ran solo I got 49+ points per run.

And the event is lasting a week. You don't have to play back to back, and it's not like your individual "accumulator" loses score if you play with those who have a lower score than you. Your score counter stays high, but the end of mission score is just an average-ish between all players involved, so if you get a low score that means someone in the group is dragging you down.

The scoring wasn't explained that clearly. A group that gets all 3 high-scoring hives, and lvl 41 enemies in 1 round, and all 3 high-scoring hives and lvl 34 enemies in the next round, should not get MORE points in the next round. Yet, that got 1 point higher.

the enemys involved have nothing to do with the final score, its all about the hive types and the teams total score average.

Edited by Methanoid