Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want To Be Able To Put Two Single Elementals On A Weapon

yarash2110

am i the only one who is really bummed up because he can't do this?

the reason i want to do this is to make the latron prime, a weapon with a really high status chance a DOT machine, but the thing is gas has a lot of penalties for almost any enemy worth modding against... and so i want to have fire and toxin, but there is absolutely no way for me to put two different elementals and make them work as singles on one weapon,,, and it really ruins some aspects of status builds

this will not bring back rainbow builds because combined elements are still more effective damage wise, this will just make status something that is a thousand times more fun to play with.

thanks for reading and please write your opinion in the comments

Single elements Are ignored by D 2.0, just because there's nothing in the system that allows for distinct separation beyond ordering mods in weird ways.

So I could agree to something like this

i thought about something like the option to move polarities in the modding section, so you'd be able to put like a barricade or something between elementals to decide weather or not they'd collide

I find it odd that if I put Wildfire, followed by Cryo Rounds, Followed by Hellfire, instead of getting Explosive and Heat on a weapon, I get explosive only (apparently the heats combine, despite the cryo in between).  And If I put Infected Clip before Hellfire, I get Explosive and Toxic instead of Explosive and Gas.  The combining seems to be a little... odd...

Single elements Are ignored by D 2.0, just because there's nothing in the system that allows for distinct separation beyond ordering mods in weird ways.

So I could agree to something like this

HALF true. Now that we're getting more individual elemental mods it's starting to be possible to do single elements in a lot more builds, and you could always do combo+single. I've been using Corrosive/Cold and Corrosive/Heat for a long time. Cold is actually a really OP single element if you keep in mind that it slows.

It's only, specifically, the two singles together that can't be done.

I find it odd that if I put Wildfire, followed by Cryo Rounds, Followed by Hellfire, instead of getting Explosive and Heat on a weapon, I get explosive only (apparently the heats combine, despite the cryo in between).  And If I put Infected Clip before Hellfire, I get Explosive and Toxic instead of Explosive and Gas.  The combining seems to be a little... odd...

Best option:

Equip all mods you want, then use a menu to chose an elemental configuration possible with the mods you equipped. Done. Everyone wins.

On the other hand, it would be damn easy then to have a weapon deal all four single elementals at once, thus killing prosecutors would be piece of cake.

Best option:

Equip all mods you want, then use a menu to chose an elemental configuration possible with the mods you equipped. Done. Everyone wins.

On the other hand, it would be damn easy then to have a weapon deal all four single elementals at once, thus killing prosecutors would be piece of cake.

prosecutors being underpowered is the last thing we should worry about right now,,,