Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Xp

EvilKam

Question

Very brief question to settle a debate.  Another player insists that Infested are worth fewer affinity than other enemies, specifically about half as much.

They support their conjecture by comparing the exp gained from infestations to the exp gained from running that node when not infested, and noting that the infested "kill count to affinity gained" is inferior to the non-infested "kill count to affinity gained".

I say it's bunk caused by differences in levels, complicated by team affinity statistics.  A level 20 enemy should be worth the same.

If not, then the infested certainly need a buff now, because the toxic flyers are hideously powerful and routinely kill me.

Edited by EvilKam

9 answers to this question

Alright, I accept that they give less xp.  My question is then, "How the heck did you guys discover this?"

When you kill an enemy a blue number shows up, that's the xp gained, for example, on Venus, the crewmans give about 70-85 xp or so while infested there give 50-60

900 hours and Mastery 15.  I just assumed that they were "shield" damage numbers, since I've never seen them except on Corpus.  

I'm usually too busy staring around to locate enemies on screen, annotate AoEs from enemies, checking my power timers, checking my shields, my hp, my energy, my current magazine ammo count, my current ammo reserve, the team status display, and the minimap so I can go the correct direction again... 'cause I'm going the wrong direction.  That's a given, generally.

Yeah, I don't pay much attention to all the hundreds of numbers that pop up on screen for damage and such.  I dont' have that kind of focusing ability.

I'd just like to point out that blue numbers only show up when dealing damage to shielded units.  Unshielded units provide white numbers for damage and or Affinity, yellow numbers for critical damage, and now of course red numbers for the ultra awesome "red crits".

Sorry Pip1n, but like most people who disagree with me, you are wrong, if only technically so.

So does anyone have any real evidence of an affinity difference between infested and other enemies?

I'm looking for answers, not conjecture, misinterpretation, and more guesswork.

I'd just like to point out that blue numbers only show up when dealing damage to shielded units.  Unshielded units provide white numbers for damage and or Affinity, yellow numbers for critical damage, and now of course red numbers for the ultra awesome "red crits".

Sorry Pip1n, but like most people who disagree with me, you are wrong, if only technically so.

So does anyone have any real evidence of an affinity difference between infested and other enemies?

I'm looking for answers, not conjecture, misinterpretation, and more guesswork.

if you read back at what Pip1n said it was 'when you kill an enemy' not 'when you damage and enemy' so i am afraid that he is not wrong at all. however i will give you some decent credit, they are not blue numbers, but rather white numbers with a faded blue underlining effect. hence the easy confusion.

here is an example of heaps of them:

Warframe0033_zps024e962f.jpg

all these numbers have appeared less than a second after the enemy's death. See how the normal white damage numbers have started to fade away in the background?

as for the answer to your question, it is a matter of simple observation. take note of the lvl's of enemies you are versing, and notice that when you kill a grineer lancer at lvl 10, and an infested charger at lvl 10, the numbers given by the infested are less.