Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Ideas And Concerns

Yefrign

from the devstream we know that there is gonna be some genetic tweaking and fiddling with our new space puppies but one thing that wasn't really established is HOW one goes about getting these new genetic changes.

We know that you can share with your friends and see what happens when you put one and one together you can get different Kubrow's out of it. 

however what hasn't been established is that IF you decide to fiddle with your friends to see what happens to the new genetic makeup you get... what happens to your current Kubrow?

Granted it hasn't come out yet and we don't know the details of it all yet but I just wanted to share my idea on how we could still modify our ONE Kubrow without the need to 'dismiss' our beloved space puppies left right and center because its not quite "how we want it"

My idea is that you are able to in a way "re-incubate" your Kubrow. allowing you to customize and modify your Kubrow without having to get a new one; this way you can experiment with any new genetic makeups you may have obtained without having to do anything 'drastic' in terms of getting a whole new animal.

once again granted it hasnt come out yet. we still do not know HOW this all works exactly. I just wanted to put in my two cents about customizing our soon to come space tamagochi's =3

My idea is that you are able to in a way "re-incubate" your Kubrow. allowing you to customize and modify your Kubrow without having to get a new one; this way you can experiment with any new genetic makeups you may have obtained without having to do anything 'drastic' in terms of getting a whole new animal.

Altering a living things DNA to try and change what it is, will turn it into a pile of gooey mush.

Edited by reptillicus

We appreciate your contribution but nobody knows much about the Kubrows' functionalities.

I played Digimon World on the Playstation One which also worked with manipulation of future generations. I am curious what U14 will be like

There is a real jellyfish thing that can potentially live forever because it regenerates by reverting back to its first stage of life. Perhaps the kubrows can do that.

That way we can genetically alter them and it will take effect after the regen. Like a forma.

You get them to level 30/Adulthood and then genetically alter them and then they regenerate as puppies.

Im just wondering how them dying is going to work.

Altering a living things DNA to try and change what it is, will turn it into a pile of gooey mush.

we are talking about a Sci-Fi game here, I have little doubt that the technology can prevent your puppy from turning into goo... not only that but theres nothing stating that the genetic makeup of a Kubrow is rather robust and self-replicating. 

while I still believe this will mostly be a "wait and see" thing. its still healthy to put in suggestions and ideas in my opinion. 

There is a real jellyfish thing that can potentially live forever because it regenerates by reverting back to its first stage of life. Perhaps the kubrows can do that.

That way we can genetically alter them and it will take effect after the regen. Like a forma.

You get them to level 30/Adulthood and then genetically alter them and then they regenerate as puppies.

^this^

i agree with OP i wouldnt want to get rid of my lovely kubrow who despite its instincts(and being virtual) will still see you as a parent(some players  like myself will become attached)

I SAY NO TO RELEASING KUBROWS! i wish the ASPCA existed in the warframe universe >_> im sure Rebecca would support this cause :D

The thing is Jellyfish are one of the simplest multi-celled  organisms, they don't have a brain, they can't even move on their own. By your logic the Kubrows would have to be something like Wolverine for that to happen. In short a Jellyfish has enormous differences to a dog.

(And also the fact that if Kubrows actually had that ability, then that means that there should be nothing on earth but Kubrows. Because if a large creature was able to do that, then that means they are basically the top of the food chain.)

The thing is Jellyfish are one of the simplest multi-celled  organisms, they don't have a brain, they can't even move on their own. By your logic the Kubrows would have to be something like Wolverine for that to happen. In short a Jellyfish has enormous differences to a dog.

(And also the fact that if Kubrows actually had that ability, then that means that there should be nothing on earth but Kubrows. Because if a large creature was able to do that, then that means they are basically the top of the food chain.)

Have you seen any other animals on earth?

The jellyfish thing doesnt mean they cant die, they just wont die or old age and it gives the opportunity for the genetic alteration without continual swapping out your beloved pet for a new one.

The kubrows themselves are orokin engineered arent they? Why cant they have that ability?

The jellyfish thing doesnt mean they cant die, they just wont die or old age and it gives the opportunity for the genetic alteration without continual swapping out your beloved pet for a new one.

I sincerely hope that we don't have to switch kubrows every time they die, but knowing what DE thinks is an acceptable level of grind I'm not giving my hopes up.

actually you can get DNA by just drawing out blood right? so the whole puppy blender is just too gruesome!

for me the concept of making new kubrows to make the "gene" better is really ok with me. it gives a realistic feel to it that you cant just modify anything organic without the process of evolution.

an idea would be you could alter the traits first hand with the drawback of decreasing the life expectancy of your kubrows. if you want your first kubrow to be THE super kubrow with all desirable traits you must have the consequence of drastically decreasing its life span. but with it it can create more kubrow puppies with a stronger genetic integrity (making them live longer) thus the concept of "improvement of the genes"

My biggest concern is that we will have to buy inventory slots for the Kubrow. Want to participate in the breeding/egg trading? You will need more slots for every trade.

Seriously DE, you don't need to put a price on everything.

My biggest concern is that we will have to buy inventory slots for the Kubrow. Want to participate in the breeding/egg trading? You will need more slots for every trade.

Seriously DE, you don't need to put a price on everything.

sadly i believe that this will be the case. same with the sentinel slots.

yes i would prefer it being free but i wouldn't complain if owning more kubrows means spending a little money. developing awesome games need money anyway...

Well when I were a noob I bought more than 10 sentinels slots lol

If that would be the case I would stop to regreat about this and feel ashamed of myself hauhauahuah

p.s dat english*

Edited by DuRockBR