Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hallway Heroes: How To Stop Them ?

Otakuwolf

I don't know you but i hate those twats that run around on theyr own instead of defending the objective with others, even more when those nuke an entire area and suck up all Xp far away from the infamous "15 meters sharing" distance.

If it would be for me i would chain them to the objective for the time it takes to defend (especially considering how unfriendly they are as people too).

Sayd this, does anybody have any idea on how to stop such deceptive and unfriendly behaviour ?

I would have one but during a chat with some friends i'm been told it's too much "drastic":

If anybody of you is familiar with the "Ace Combat" game series might know that when going offmap it appears a timer that once expires the mission is automatically failed.

I don't mean to make the mission fail because one person goes too far, but my idea is rather about a "perimeter" around the defence objective, when some player goes beyond that it has 3 seconds to get back or it is "teleported" back to the objective (like after falling off a ledge).

What do you think ? Would you have some other idea about how to stop those pointless Rambos and teach them about teamwork (while we wait for the blacklist feature) ?

Edited by Otakuwolf

FYI, the shared XP range is 50m. But it's still annoying.

I haven't played the game series, but I like the idea. Even if it might cause problems for some, thinking of how the community has reacted to the new drones dropping toxin all over the place. Personally, I think the community is overreacting, and I for one can actually figure it's better to shoot them before they get close. So I approve of the idea.

Well I have met some unfriendly people protecting the MD pod. Really all i would do is kill some bad guys and collect the loot, Really theres no rules saying you got to stick with your team or not stick with them and do whatever the heck you want. so really its just is about the person and how friendly they can be or not be. 

Well I have met some unfriendly people protecting the MD pod. Really all i would do is kill some bad guys and collect the loot, Really theres no rules saying you got to stick with your team or not stick with them and do whatever the heck you want. so really its just is about the person and how friendly they can be or not be. 

A better way to do that is to let the bad guys come to you and you team, making it easier for everyone to get xp AND the loot. Simple as that. 

"There's no rules", sure, but there is a mission objective. Last time I checked the objective was "protect the terminal/crypod".

I'm against your idea:
The IA of this game tends to get stuck in far places from time to time, your proposal of "teleporting back" once we are out of certain perimeter will make some waves impossible to complete.

Edited by HK-A6A7

When a friend and I get stuck with people like that we just go to around wave 25-30 and then click battle and at the last second take the reward which either a almost dooms the hallway hero to fail or b they quit and lose out on most stuff anyway

I don't know you but i hate those twats that run around on theyr own instead of defending the objective with others, even more when those nuke an entire area and suck up all Xp far away from the infamous "15 meters sharing" distance.

If it would be for me i would chain them to the objective for the time it takes to defend (especially considering how unfriendly they are as people too).

Sayd this, does anybody have any idea on how to stop such deceptive and unfriendly behaviour ?

I would have one but during a chat with some friends i'm been told it's too much "drastic":

If anybody of you is familiar with the "Ace Combat" game series might know that when going offmap it appears a timer that once expires the mission is automatically failed.

I don't mean to make the mission fail because one person goes too far, but my idea is rather about a "perimeter" around the defence objective, when some player goes beyond that it has 3 seconds to get back or it is "teleported" back to the objective (like after falling off a ledge).

What do you think ? Would you have some other idea about how to stop those pointless Rambos and teach them about teamwork (while we wait for the blacklist feature) ?

Ye that idea defeats the point of the large and open defence maps.

Also you use vulgar and insulting language and yet they are the unfriendly lot.

When a friend and I get stuck with people like that we just go to around wave 25-30 and then click battle and at the last second take the reward which either a almost dooms the hallway hero to fail or b they quit and lose out on most stuff anyway

Thus putting you and your friend on the exact same level as the hallway heroes. 

Ninjas Play Free. thats the point, no one limits you of how far you can go. (except invisible walls, i hate those srsly). the matter here is that those ppl dont care about defending the pod ? let the pod go on a extremely low health or fail the mission, that would teach them XD

Ninjas Play Free. thats the point, no one limits you of how far you can go. (except invisible walls, i hate those srsly). the matter here is that those ppl dont care about defending the pod ? let the pod go on a extremely low health or fail the mission, that would teach them XD

That's the thing. They never learn.

But it won't all it will achieve is them thinking they had some "Noob" team mates who could not defend the pod.

OP, what if said "hallway hero" needed to accomplish their affinity goal for the mission and couldn't due to sparsity of kills accredited to them due to everyone else getting the kills? I'll go ahead and tell you that's why I do it, and when I'm done with that I come back. I can't always guarantee that the team will want to continue through enough waves for me to get my affinity xp if it's defense.

Here are some ideas

1) Offer a boost to XP from enemies killed within 50m of the objective

2) Offer no XP to enemies killed too far away (or at least -85%) from the objective

3) Allow every kill to be shared regardless of distances, this would probably only further promote leeching though.

One time, I had it so bad: the entire team was going their own ways slapping every enemy they wanted to, so I just decided to stay near the pod, took out an enemy or two, and just leeched the rest of the game. And I mean that NO ONE ever came within 10m of the objective, not friendly nor enemy. Stooping down to their level is pretty fun, I have to admit. Oh, it was a Catalyst alert too. C:

Edited by DarknightK

OP, what if said "hallway hero" needed to accomplish their affinity goal for the mission and couldn't due to sparsity of kills accredited to them due to everyone else getting the kills? I'll go ahead and tell you that's why I do it, and when I'm done with that I come back. I can't always guarantee that the team will want to continue through enough waves for me to get my affinity xp if it's defense.

The problem is that the Xp sharing has a limited range, so when you "go" it doesen't necessarely mean you go far right enough to share your affinity, most of the times those people don't do it AT ALL, besides, you actually get more affinity if you stay closer to your teammates when you're defending rather than wandering around the map anywhere else, i don't mean close as "right on them" but at least in the same room or portion of the map.

Since the dawn of Warframe, this topic has been heavily discussed; time-and-time again the conclusion has always been the same - if you are not willing to deal with the occasional Hallway Hero - don't participate in public matches. Instead you can play: solo, with friends, or with trusted clan members. Further more, if it comes to light that one of your fellow Tenno is an overzealous corridor champion - you can simply leave the match. How awesome is that?!

There is no solution to this problem other than simply opting out of inane lobbies.  

Edited by YourBusDriver

The problem is that the Xp sharing has a limited range, so when you "go" it doesen't necessarely mean you go far right enough to share your affinity, most of the times those people don't do it AT ALL, besides, you actually get more affinity if you stay closer to your teammates when you're defending rather than wandering around the map anywhere else, i don't mean close as "right on them" but at least in the same room or portion of the map.

I hear yah on that. I still hold my stance of doing it for a little bit to get my affinity xp, but if I can accomplish that without straying too far away from the team/objective then I won't, I want to benefit from their kills and likewise, and I too think it's ridiculous to find your own nook away from the team and camp there, in the case that I split off for the affinity it doesn't take very long to accomplish that so I personally can't see the sense in being a passageway paladin (coming up with hallway hero synonyms is fun :D).