Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ever Questionable Balance Debate

Zarono

I was thinking the other day about which warframes ( rhino ) I see the most, and why not others. Until the notorious change to frosts snow globe I saw one almost every other mission, now they are a rare commodity that nobody asks for. But on the flip side of that coin the very same update brought us the toggle ult twins in nyx and banshee. I was once in a defense alert where I stood next to a banshee who channeled sound quake for all 15 waves, dropping energy restores when they needed, and I thought " why not make some of the abilities that people keep up anyways into toggles... For instance frost players might fall over themselves if snow globe became toggled instead of a set hp/duration. Another thing I've hardly ever seen Loki without invisibility up, and for that matter I've hardly ever seen a Loki. So I'm sure they'd appreciate if they had the toggle option. Now onto mag, ever since elements 2.0 mags have fallen off the face of the solar map... The last time I saw a mag was in a corpus survival 3 weeks ago. And I think the main issue is she does one type of damage that's good against one type of mob... Granted it's EXCELLENT against that mob she has no utility and can barely hurt something without a shield. So my only suggestion for her would be to change shield polarize, an ability only viable against corpus, and have it affect armor ( would make sense) and change her ultimate to deal an environmental damage bonus, like volt with electronics. Excalibur... Oh Excalibur, why you so useless? Excalibur has no significant defense, damage capability, supportive attributes. He is the only warframe with a name that exceeds 2 syllables (adding the word prime doesn't count) and he is just garbage, the only time I swapped to Excalibur on purpose was to chain a radial javelin into bullet attractor on a nyx just to see if it would kill ruk in one hit (it did not). Excalibur has need a buff for a long time, be it a straight damage boost to javelin and slash dash or make radial blind actually do something worth while. As a proud owner of Excalibur prime I can say so long as he stays in obtainable I don't mind him being exactly the same as his less shiny counterpart. Saryn. The health tank... Why give her so much hp when sh just molts to draw threat? She has no self defending abilities and her damage abilities are either too weak, short range, or tedious to bother with. My suggestion is a complete overhaul to her kit. Give her something defensive or nerf her hp and make her a combat Mage. trying to get to bat of both worlds gives a mediocre result of neither. Ash. Blade storms fine, just fix the bugs. Shurikens fine. Smoke bomb needs to last longer. But teleport... I don't use it. I don't know anyone who does. I ran out of typing room so I'll post another comment...

Other than this:  make radial blind actually do something worth while. As a proud owner of Excalibur prime I can say so long as he stays in obtainable I don't mind him being exactly the same as his less shiny counterpart. Saryn. The health tank... Why give her so much hp when sh just molts to draw threat? She has no self defending abilities and her damage abilities are either too weak,

​I completely agree.

Anyways, about teleport. I don't know anyone who does use it, it requires precise targeting that ash, with his enemy seeking shurikens isn't used to, and then has the result of putting a squishy frame in point blank range of the target, which has less than no applications In the end game. He doesn't need that. Just give him more ninja stuff. Let's talk about valkyr. Valkyr has the highest armor for one of the lowest healths in the game. She has to restrict herself to melee combat exclusively to fight and can't remove it early. Easy fix is to make this into a toggle like banshee and nyx to prevent 30 seconds of an undesired effect. Other than that, rip line has a nice utility. Battle cry has potential. But I can't even remember her last ability. So that should probably be fixed. Let's see, any other warframes... No I can't think of any... Onto weapons... Angstrum. Too strong. Pistols already get the best mods but making an easier to craft ogris that's comes With immediate multishot capability is too much. Must nerf. Bows. They suck to much. Scindo dragon and gram. The original heavy weapons need some love. Shotguns in general need something to go down before they become viable primaries against more than infested. We need more assault rifle class weapons the current list is comprised of latron, latron prime. End of list. I won't talk about snipers until sniping 2.0 is out. That's all for now but I would like responses and second opinions please!

Its not even about which frames are least used

Theyre alot closer than you think but are cluttered with more often used frames like nova and rhino

The rest arent drastically far apart aside from possibly Vauban which makes no sense and oberon which makes perfect sense

Radial Blind makes Excalibur top tier, it doesn't need a re-work. It shuts down all mobs. Quite literally shuts them down to uselessness, only random grenades and MOAs firing where you were previously (assuming you have moved) continues. It's the strongest CC in the game bar none.

Ash Teleport combat doesn't require anything special and was the mainly used style pre-Bladestorm re-work (I still use Teleport combat, it's very very good bar the finisher crap). Bladestorm is now very viable, and he is definitely not squishy.

Valkyr is an unstoppable truck with Rage, Life Strike and Warcry.

Saryn has a Toxic-based Decoy, and built correctly can have a 10 second perma-stun with her ultimate.

Bows are weak? Crit + Red Crit = no, not weak.

Assault rifles - Latron Prime, Boltor Prime, Soma.

Pretty much this, accept that I'd like to add the Braton Prime to that assault rifle list.

And on Ash's teleport...I am a proud Ash driver, and have been for a good long while now. And I, believe it or not, use teleport almost as much, and in some cases more, than smoke screen. I don't use it just to close distance. I use it as a universal counter for heavies and additional mobility (I used it to cheat my @$$ off on my rank 10 test ;D).

As a counter, I see a heavy greneer of whatever flavor about to fist pound? Ninja Poof , Ka-Stab. Piles of Greneerschweigere everywhere.

Ancient whatever(especially disruptors) about to AT&T me a leafy bad touch? Ninja Poof , Ka-Stab. Chopped salad.

Shockwave MOA's Riverdance wave already on it's way? Ninja Poof , Ka-Stab. Instant run in the pantyhose with no scuffs in my, newly shined, tabi boots. 

Random foot-solider of any flavor getting all uppity with me, shooting at me while I'm running "Sword Alone"? Ninja Poof , Ka-Stab. For a humanoid one, Ninja Poof, Ka-flashyextradamage-stab. Ninja, please. (See what I did there?)

The list goes on and on. Some powers just have to be used with some thought and skill to make them great. 

Low strength, wide range build. As long as the enemy does not die, they will continuously be stunned. The duration is to increase the skill itself, the stun is just a by-product.

The stun always ends after 3 seconds even if the damage keeps ticking.  I had the same idea and was disappointed when it didn't work the way I thought it did.