Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concept: Some Boss/other Mission Combinations That Could Happen With Boss Reworks.

ArcariusAero

Now that DE is making very, VERY unique things, such as all the things upcoming, such as Nef being able to have Derf distract the Tenno, for a bit at the least.. I think we should have even more boss/mission combinations. (I will most likely expand the ideas with more feedback) For example, a Phorid rework. To add to a creepiness factor, and the fact that people hate spiders, I say we have Phorid be a giant, infested spider, able to run up or across walls to chase after tenno that run, and you must either shoot its eyes covering the front of it's face, (mixing in sabotage) before finishing it off, or to support Melee players, you can attack the legs, before being able to jump on the tall, giant infested mutant. This can make it so that you don't have to have a SET loadout to fight Phorid, and have to have it all specific.

Another example could be a Corpus spy or deception boss mixture. For example: An Ambulas rework, making Ambulas quite large. When fighting Ambulas, you must either shoot the boss to make it lean down, trying to recover health and/or system control, or if you want, jump down onto the top and shoot at the top "lid" entrance. When it takes enough damage, you can either climb in from the bottom (while it recovers) or jump in from the top. You then upload the datamass into the large MOA, making it malfunction for a bit, attacking both Corpus and Tenno as if it had a radiation proc. Then, after it goes back to normal, after around 10 seconds,  you must extract that said datamass, making you have the data on who controls it, or what the purpose of it is, and finish it off by attacking an exposed core inside, while enemies such as MOAs pop in to prevent you from doing so and escaping.

For now

TL;DR make some boss missions with other mission type objectives mixed in

Thank you for reading this.

I love your Ambulas idea. What if it worked a bit more like mobile defense?

At the start of the mission there would be a datamass the Players would have to bring with them to the boss fight.

The first stage of the fight would be Jackal-style: hit it as a team until he goes down. After it's dealt a certain amount of damage a repair rig pops out of the ground and Ambulas plugs into it. The rig would be big enough to surround the boss. At this point the Players would upload the datamass into Ambulas. This causes it to go "Rampant" and become hostile towards every faction. Exactly what the datamass is doing, i.e. the Lotus is hacking or uploading a virus, is up to DE.

At this point the Corpus would realize what's going on and send in troopers and proxies (MOAs, Ospreys, etc) to kill the Tenno and destroy Ambulas. A timer would also pop up and the objective would change to "Defend Ambulas". This would put the Players in the awkward position of having to defend something that is trying to kill them. After the timer hits zero the Players will have to finish off Ambulas, retrieve the datamass from its corpse, and get it to the extraction.

I love your Ambulas idea. What if it worked a bit more like mobile defense?

At the start of the mission there would be a datamass the Players would have to bring with them to the boss fight.

The first stage of the fight would be Jackal-style: hit it as a team until he goes down. After it's dealt a certain amount of damage a repair rig pops out of the ground and Ambulas plugs into it. The rig would be big enough to surround the boss. At this point the Players would upload the datamass into Ambulas. This causes it to go "Rampant" and become hostile towards every faction. Exactly what the datamass is doing, i.e. the Lotus is hacking or uploading a virus, is up to DE.

At this point the Corpus would realize what's going on and send in troopers and proxies (MOAs, Ospreys, etc) to kill the Tenno and destroy Ambulas. A timer would also pop up and the objective would change to "Defend Ambulas". This would put the Players in the awkward position of having to defend something that is trying to kill them. After the timer hits zero the Players will have to finish off Ambulas, retrieve the datamass from its corpse, and get it to the extraction.

That would actually be pretty cool! Sounds a bit better than my idea for an Ambulas rework. Maybe even have the mission completion give lore, through info taken from the Datamass. Now THAT would be a boss I'd fight multiple times. Especially if you'd need to do it multiple times to piece together all of the Ambulas lore.