Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Difficulty scaling for Squads

Parabellum

I've only played 27-30ish missions so far but I find having a 4-man squad (Even random people with you) in the game makes missions too easy to the point where the squad just breezes through enemies. Yes, I know that playing solo would make it much harder but I always like to play with other players.

I can't comment on high-level or end-game areas as I haven't reached them yet... But the lower level ones are definitely too easy. I wouldn't mind the first 6 missions being this easy but would like the next ones after that to have a higher difficulty curve.

I believe giving enemies higher damage output based on the number of players currently in the mission would fix this problem for lower level areas.

For example:

1 player = 1.0x damage

2 players = 1.3x damage

3 players = 1.7x damage

4 players = 2.0x damage

I find it quite the opposite, especially assassination missions. Try going in a full squad for the Earth boss. I solo him, and he's level 26, taking some time to kill him, but doable at least. Go in with a full squad and BAM, he's level 50+, shields regen after 1 second of no damage, and his health is over 9000. It takes up all our bullets, and then continues melee to kill him, and even then, we hardly ever get to finish him off before he kills us one by one.

If you're looking for a challenge try clearing pluto as a team or solo. Bonus points if your volts don't use overload on the corpus missions. Facing 6 disruptor ancients level 40+ at the same time with adds without a Hek or another shotgun is some scary stuff as a 2 man team.

The primary issue as I see it right now is players using Gorgons or Heks and overpowered energy moves like Overload.

Bosses are easy as long as you put up sustained fire, the way shields work it seems bosses are more about how rapidly you can fire on them before the shield regen kicks in than anything else. It might help if it took 5 or so seconds for their shields to start going back up or increase the time it takes for them to completely regen shields.

Edited by MegatechBody

I turned some friends onto this game and after a few missions they uninstalled. While solo play is actually quite difficult and slow(mind your ammo too...), the coop is broken. This is a game built to utilize coop play yet its so mind numingly boring with 4 people. The enemies dont get more numerous, dont get more hp or damage and the AI can be pretty dumb focusing just me in solo let alone they are pretty derpy deciding between 4 targets in MP. I think giving them more damage is a bad place to start. It was an unfun mechanic in Diablo 3 and was removed. Sure, very different games but I would start with MORE enemies and giving them more health. With 4 people you want to feel like you are killing tons of dudes, not just a handful that are left over...

Edit: Also, Powers should be adjusted for squads. Currently Warframe choice makes no difference. We are all just the same dude with different guns... I would like to see some changes to ability power damage(tone them down) and maybe add regen so we can use our really cool abliities more. Currently you get to use your powers MAYBE twice and often the enemy you targeted is shot dead before the animation can even finish... This game has a lot of similiarity to ME3 MP and thats actually a bonus. ME3 MP was awesome and I would like to see similar ease of use with the Warframe powers to differentiate Warframes.

Edited by oGsShadow

maybe add regen so we can use our really cool abliities more. Currently you get to use your powers MAYBE twice and often the enemy you targeted is shot dead before the animation can even finish...

Energy siphon lets you get constant energy regen. I dont know exactly how it works but a friend of mine has it and we use it all the time.