Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favorite Underrated Weapon Discussion Thread

CptKornflake

Dera is my favorite 'underrated' weapon. Not sure if it's actually underrated, just don't really ever see any other players using it when I play. 

Same here. Dera's probably my favourite weapon in the game, it's a gorgeous design and it shoots like a dream. Dunno why I've never seen another person use it.

I love the Prova Vandal and the Gorgon Wraith. I understand the PrVandal is everywhere ATM, but when everyone else has rank+sold it, I'll still be playing it. I already have a forma on my Gorgon Wraith.

my gorgon wraith has 5 forma, i love it.

AKLEX just cuz I cant bear to throw my first multi forma'd weap away

my aklex has 6 forma. the only think i could possibly love more in this game would be an aklex primes.

Supra. I don't see it a lot so I don't know if it's underrated. Then again it's pretty expensive to make and requires MR7.

I don't see why it gets so much hate. It's a pretty nice weapon once you invest in it.

It does need a buff though, or a Vandal version.

I'm just going to assume that the glaive prime is underused because I never see anyone with it. The glaive prime is my baby ;)

It's mostly because, a) the Glaive Prime is a $#*(@ to handle (even though it's wonderful when used correctly) and b) it's nigh-impossible to get Gleaming Talon without trading for it or getting a lucky transmutation. I was super happy when I finally got it, but without Gleaming Talon, Glaive Prime is kinda boring.

Oh, and as for my favorite underrated weapon, that might be the Dual Cestra... I can't remember ever seeing anyone else use it, but I've got two or three forma on it now and it gets more and more boss every time I slap another on.

Edited by CaptainJohnson

Grinlock.  I was messing around with snipertron and snipertron vandal and then went on to level my grinlock and the accuracy difference was night and day  Really noticeable on the large corpus interception map on pluto.  Nice status chance too.

One that's always stuck out to me is the Sobek. It gets a bad wrap because of its painful reload speed, but otherwise it's surprisingly powerful if you mod it right.

I have to respect you for even levelling that thing. It might be the one weapon in the whole game that I legitimately *hate*. I got it early on because I like shotguns in other games, but that thing killed me. I didn't use any shotguns for a while after that, until I finally started using the Boar Prime, which I really enjoyed.

Guess that's why everyone has their own tastes, I guess!

can you kill them with that sound?

Yes. Crewmen and MOAs can be killed in one to two shots with the Vulkar once one to two damage+/elemental+ mods are equipped, not to mention that it feels right at home with me in terms of aiming and reloading antique sniper rifles. 

Yes. Crewmen and MOAs can be killed in one to two shots with the Vulkar once one to two damage+/elemental+ mods are equipped, not to mention that it feels right at home with me in terms of aiming and reloading antique sniper rifles. 

whatever floats your boat.

for me its top contender with worst primary along with Supra