Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Nikana

SoulDust

I'd rather them retrofit some existing weapons to have sheathed versions.

Sheathed skins for the Cronus, Ceramic Dagger, Heat Sword, Heat Dagger, Dual Heat Swords, Dark Sword, Dark Dagger, Fang, Fang Prime, and Dakra Prime would be great starts.

Supporting this. Weapons attached by magnets (or just floating) are one of my pet peeves in games. That said, the nikana sheath needs some kind of visible frame attachment, or just to be perpetually held in one hand. (also looking forward to the possibility of a nikana / sheath dual wielding stance)

• 3 weeks later...

Katana (nikana), dual version would be a nikana with a Wakisashi veriant maybe even tanto, but the tanto would be like a combo finisher of some sort of stance that would be a dual nikana stance.

We have had plenty of other weapons go akimbo or dual-wield. Dual ether and heat swords, dual kamas [by the way, should be scythes and not hatchets, but what do i know], and so on. I can see a dual Nikana where one is shorter. 

The katana has always been a two-handed weapon. Wielding two at once would be both impractical and untraditional. 

This, it would be the same as dual wielding the Gram or the Galantine,..

No. Dual katanas is completely fiction, overdone and overused by media such as anime. It never existed in a real-life context, so it makes me want to cry tears of blood whenever I see it. a katana would have been wielded with a smaller companion sword, but never straight up dual wielded.

Edited by ArgonTheFox

dual katanas didn t exist in japan martial arts history, i wouldn t make it for aesthetical reasons that sais it s a game

There is precedent for wielding katana & wakizashi together, miyamoto musashi s niten ichi ryu is the best known but there are also techniques in TSKSR which is 1 of the oldest koryu (older martial arts, this one is deemed a national treasure of japan)

I would like a nikana/wakizashi weapon with sheaths worn samurai style & its own stance (even if i feel it would be a pain to farm)

Katana.JPG

The Nikana was originally shown with a Wakizashi in Devstream 22. Perhaps we'll be seeing it soon?

Katana.JPG

Tenno Katana & Wakizaswhi leaked on a few devtreams back. I have a forum on this and i really want to know what happened to this...

Guy already beat you to the punch a while ago, friend.