Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strict Nat Problem, I Did Exactly What Warframe Told Me To, But I'm Still Recieving Strict Nat Messages

zavienh5

OP, IDK where you are in this world but I have the same provider, router page and everything as you. I also experience the same issue. I have years of experience in hosting game servers from home, I never had any issues with ports until I switched from DSL to AT&T Uverse. For some god forsaken reason, I can only have open ports on one (1) computer in my house at any given time. I have tested this and found it to be true to my own set up.

I really wish I could help you, but even AT&T left me out in the cold. I contacted their support, was bounced between 3 to 5 people and never got an answer. They eventually forwarded me to a support service that I had to pay for to access, which I wasn't willing to do.

I'll follow this thread though, I plan on contacting AT&T again tomorrow regarding my home internet / phone service, maybe I'll see if I can resolve the issue. Don't stress yourself over it, it just wont work any easy way to my knowledge. Forward your ports for the one machine you play the most on and if you have to, but can access the router page from the other computers, change it up. It will save the configuration for the ports, you just need to apply it to whatever machine and restart the router.

Some ISPs (such as AT&T) enforce Type 3 NAT on all of their devices. It's really a nasty thing to do.

In the meanwhile, enable UPnP. No one is going to "steal your wifi" with it, and it only makes sense to turn it off if you're working in a high security environment where computers on the network contain things like classified information or corporate secrets. Additionally, the only real UPnP threat comes from outside of your network (it comes from the WAN, the Wide-Area-Network, a.k.a. the rest of the internet). Many routers' firmware are updates to block external UPnP requests, so this is no longer an issue. If you're worried about it, turn on UPnP and then run the Rapid7 UPnP Vulnerability Check to see if your router is vulnerable. Chances are you'll get a "Congratulations! Your router did not respond to a UPnP discovery request" message, which means you're all good.

tl;dr Turn on UPnP, you're not at risk with it on and leaving it off is like wearing a hazmat suit to avoid potential springtime allergies. Some ISPs enforce Type-3 NAT (Strict) on their hardware, in which case you're out of luck and should definitely switch ISPs or get different hardware to connect with. You can also try DMZ-ing the computer you want to use to play; assuming it's an actual DMZ then your computer would be Type-1 NAT (Directly connected to the net), which is open/loose and you shouldn't get the issue. If you DMZ your computer and still get the error, you're out of luck. Also make sure all the IPs on your network are manually assigned if you're going to DMZ or use port forwarding.

so, hate to break it to u but i already tried that and it didnt work....

HOWEVER, my dad found a solution, something after u restart/reboot ur wifi machine. I will update with solution ASAP