Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Does Puncture Mods Do?

Mr.Mango

Question

13 answers to this question

Probably not contributing to the answer, but does Grineer armor require something more than a 0.1m puncture?

Grineer armor requires armor piercing damage. Puncture won't help except against obstacles and those grineer shield guys. It costs a ton of mod points and does almost nothing. I say don't bother.

Probably not contributing to the answer, but does Grineer armor require something more than a 0.1m puncture?

Your best bet against Grineer is to use AP mods, puncture seems to be a mod made to shoot through objects to hit the target, not necessarily ignore armor, hence AP mods. I find the pistol AP mods very good, paired with my AkLato, it works awesomely with the Gorgon as well.

I'll just Copy/Paste it from my topic:

Yes, it is ridiculously overcosted and underpowered. Puncture mods in closed beta were several meters each so you could slap one on, fire once, and hit multiple enemies in a row through each other, which was probably a bit much. Or you could stand behind a box and shoot enemies through it, which also was a bit much. But as puncture works now the only uses I know of for it are to shoot shield Grineer (who aren't very hard to deal with anyway) and for Saryn to more consistantly hit her Venom balls. Maybe if you max one you can shoot though a single enemy if it is one of the thinner ones (moa heads, Corpus crewmen maybe?).

It feels like one of those times where two people decided independantly that puncture needed to be nerfed, so one went in and made it really really expensive and the other went in and made it barely useful at all and they never told each other about it. But I dunno, maybe there's still some reason I don't know about for why it's so ridiculously expensive.

Personally, I'd like to see them remove the ability to shoot through world objects like walls and boxes, keep it very expensive, and bump the distance back up to where you can always shoot through at least one enemy, even thick ones. Then people could choose to slot more damage mods for versatility or slot puncture for big packs.

Edited by kaminokage