Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Elemental Combos?

AlphaPsyCongaroo

yeah so what are the best elemental combos to use depending on what you fight?as far as ive seen, the damage tables on the wiki seem not completely accurate.

from what ive heard, tested, and observed,

corrosive is best to take down heavilly armored frames such as valkyr(apparently tennos armor is ferrite armor and not alloy armor?), but suck vs high shielded frames.

however pure toxic and magnetic combo destroys almost every other frame. but is also useful for heavily armored frames with qt on, (but only if it procs ofc).

blast is nice for the knockdown proc, but nowadays everyone has knockdown resist and blast has penalty to ferrite armor.

ive just heard viral is pretty strong even if it doesnt proc, but according to the questionable damage tables, toxic is just completely superior to viral with an addition of bypassing shields. however on a weapon that has high status, i guess viral could be better.

so with this in mind, i like to roll with magnetc, poison on primary and corrosive, cold on secondary.

is there better combos out there that im not aware of?

Edited by AlphaPsyCongaroo

combining 2 element s on 1 weapon is also popular

normally  corrosive and ice but thats normally for void runs

perhaps something of that nature would work very well on frames as well

ha just saw the end of your post

sounds like an effective set up to me however most pvp builds consist of using damage reflection from what i hear

oh and im pretty sure puncture damage is also very good

Edited by kennylagenz

Basing off the Wiki, I would assume all Warframes use Alloy Armor so I typically run Radiation first (+75% to all Warframes, and has semi-armor ignore). If I can fit it, I add Toxin as a second element to bypass shields, something that Radiation is less effective against.

On high status weapons I run Magnetic for the proc, which is great for killing Quick Thinking + Rage combos.

Basing off the Wiki, I would assume all Warframes use Alloy Armor so I typically run Radiation first (+75% to all Warframes, and has semi-armor ignore). If I can fit it, I add Toxin as a second element to bypass shields, something that Radiation is less effective against.

On high status weapons I run Magnetic for the proc, which is great for killing Quick Thinking + Rage combos.

i dont think tennos use alloy armor because corrosive actually does more dmg to armored frames. ive tested some of thaat on valkyr by blowing myself up with various elements.

I used to believe that Radiation would deal more damage vs Tenno Armor like it says on the wikia, but i tested it with a friend, and found out that Corrosive does more damage than Radiation, on a Valkyr with max Steel Fiber. I guess the wikia is wrong or outdated.

i dont think tennos use alloy armor because corrosive actually does more dmg to armored frames. ive tested some of thaat on valkyr by blowing myself up with various elements.

I've done some testing on my own just now and I can confirm that Corrosive does much more damage than Radiation. Thanks for the information, I've been using Radiation all this time and never thought twice!

Here's some percise numbers from my research. Basically I took an Angstrum with a rank 9 hornet strike + various elements and shot myself, a valkyr with max vita/steel fiber. Here are the results, and some of them are interesting. I'll list them from best to worst. The number is the remaining hp left after I shot myself once. the second number is a second shot, immediately right after the first. Though keep in mind that the results will differ with a different frame with high shields, and i haven't tested that yet.

My valkyr had 740 health, 150 shield, 1260 armor.

single elements, 90%:

poison    640, 522
ice          693, 628            ( I used a rank 2 ice storm + deep freeze to simulate 90%)
electric    698, 633
fire          698, 633

elemental combos:

corrosive:            457, 85 !
double poison:    579, 400
viral:                    631, 488   ( once again, I used a rank 2 ice storm + deep freeze to simulate 90% ice damage)
magnetic:            652, 548  
radiation:             665, 561
double electric:    673, 582
double fire:           673, 582
gas:                      675, 590
blast:                     683, 608

Here's some percise numbers from my research. Basically I took an Angstrum with a rank 9 hornet strike + various elements and shot myself, a valkyr with max vita/steel fiber. Here are the results, and some of them are interesting. I'll list them from best to worst. The number is the remaining hp left after I shot myself once. the second number is a second shot, immediately right after the first. Though keep in mind that the results will differ with a different frame with high shields, and i haven't tested that yet.

My valkyr had 740 health, 150 shield, 1260 armor.

single elements, 90%:

poison    640, 522
ice          693, 628            ( I used a rank 2 ice storm + deep freeze to simulate 90%)
electric    698, 633
fire          698, 633

elemental combos:

corrosive:            457, 85 !
double poison:    579, 400
viral:                    631, 488   ( once again, I used a rank 2 ice storm + deep freeze to simulate 90% ice damage)
magnetic:            652, 548  
radiation:             665, 561
double electric:    673, 582
double fire:           673, 582
gas:                      675, 590
blast:                     683, 608

Interesting so that's proof that the wikia is wrong, and we can't take for granted anything we read there. In-game results are more reliable than the wikia. So Corrosive is definitely better vs Tenno Armor.

• 2 weeks later...

I've found that the proc from cold absolutely demolish QT+R builds because it affects the staggering animation, turning a slow into a stun for almost 4 seconds... enough to reload, switch to marelok or close the gap and spin to win. It's working really well for me. Without the slow from Cold a QT-guy will 9 times out of 10 turn around and kill me since I don't use QT myself (unless I'm feeling particularly pissed-off).