Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Much Ado About "leave": A Tenno's Thoughts On Taking A Break.

(PSN)Starwarsfreak999

Recently, I received an alert directing me to an Extermination mission on the planet Earth. A Grineer garrison had been set up in what I believe used to be the "United States of America". Upon landing, the landscape before me was not what we are usually accustomed to. The tall trees were replaced with flat plains of grass. Spores made the visibility quite limited, but the Lotus had informed me that 94 life forms could be detected in that general area. I didn't see the harm in going alone. I didn't even feel the need to bring firearms. My Dual Skanas would be more than sufficient to bring them down. While searching the landscape for soldiers (and trying to keep low to the ground and silent) I stumbled upon a very large hole in the ground. Not the typical caves or caverns we delve into regularly. This hole was a straight shot down and very wide in diameter. Almost like an arena in the ground without seats for an audience. I calculated a route back up to where I was standing before jumping down to explore, and I went for it. This hole was populated by very weak metal boxes with moving parts, but nothing as sophisticated as we're used to seeing. These looked very old. From the time before the Grineer and Corpus ruled the solar system. I dated them to the years before Mars was ever colonized by the ancient Humans. Inside these metal boxes were pieces of papers all lined up single file. Each one had writing on it that I had not seen before. I grabbed as many papers as I could and placed a beacon down so that I could return to that hole at the next opportunity. I found all 94 Grineer soldiers, killed them, and returned to my Dojo where I could attempt to decode these ancient texts. They were documents detailing the careers of soldiers back when Humanity was limited to only one planet. These soldiers would fight amongst each other across continents in small conclaves called "Countries". Every soldier would "deploy", fight other human soldiers in a separate region of the planet, and then come home for "leave". When a soldier went on "leave", he would stop fighting for a while. It isn't detailed here exactly what a soldier does when he isn't fighting. But I'd like to find out. I went back to that hole and gathered every scrap of paper I could find. One of the human Gods was named "Donald Trump" and he would constantly do battle with another God, questioning his legitimacy as a God. The other one's name was "Barack Obama". The hole in the ground must've been a temple to "Barack Obama" called "The Pentagon". I didn't learn much else about Humans other than the names of individual soldiers, mission debriefs, and spy reports. Just plain rambling bullS#&$, really. It was all just Humans fighting other Humans instead of some greater threat, like the then problematic Disease, Hunger, Poverty, or Prejudice. But my real question still hasn't been asked: What ever happened to "Leave"? We Tenno are born fighting, we live fighting, we die fighting. We don't know what for and that suits me just fine as long as the Lotus is happy. But it does get difficult sometimes to accept that all there is to life is the ability to fix a rifle, swing a Bo, or leap off a cliff without scraping one's knee. I want to devote some time away from fighting. I want to read. Watch something. When was the last time one of us went to a planet without anything to shoot besides a Codex Scanner and just observed the worlds that surround us and that we orbit. I spend all of my leisure time at the Dojo: eating, sleeping, bathing, and getting ready for my next mission. I want to learn something. I know it sounds absolutely crazy, but is it such a stretch to say that one day, I'd like to find something or someone to Love? We Tenno spend our lives reawakening our brothers and sisters in cryogenic sleep. That's how our numbers grow. Other species rely on more natural ways to increase their numbers. What happens when we run out of Cryopods to defend? Will we disappear as we're hunted down one by one by those who despise us? Or will we form connections with one another? Go to war, then come home, relax, and raise a family of future soldiers. And some of those young Tenno may not even be soldiers! They could become scholars and thinkers. They could make discoveries that would challenge the way the universe operates! The Lotus would be pleased if she saw a young Tenno speak before Vay Hek and Alad V and brought peace to the galaxy. Imagine: Galactic Peace is possible if we're just given some time to interact with each other off the battlefield in a more relaxed setting once in a while. I'm going to contact the Lotus and ask her about the concept of "Leave". I hope you will do the same.

Recently, I received an alert directing me to an Extermination mission on the planet Earth. A Grineer garrison had been set up in what I believe used to be the "United States of America". Upon landing, the landscape before me was not what we are usually accustomed to. The tall trees were replaced with flat plains of grass. Spores made the visibility quite limited, but the Lotus had informed me that 94 life forms could be detected in that general area. I didn't see the harm in going alone. I didn't even feel the need to bring firearms. My Dual Skanas would be more than sufficient to bring them down.

While searching the landscape for soldiers (and trying to keep low to the ground and silent) I stumbled upon a very large hole in the ground. Not the typical caves or caverns we delve into regularly. This hole was a straight shot down and very wide in diameter. Almost like an arena in the ground without seats for an audience. I calculated a route back up to where I was standing before jumping down to explore, and I went for it. This hole was populated by very weak metal boxes with moving parts, but nothing as sophisticated as we're used to seeing. These looked very old, from the time before the Grineer and Corpus ruled the solar system. I dated them to the years before Mars was ever colonized by the ancient Humans.

Inside these metal boxes were pieces of papers all lined up single file. Each one had writing on it that I had not seen before. I grabbed as many papers as I could and placed a beacon down so that I could return to that hole at the next opportunity. I found all 94 Grineer soldiers, killed them, and returned to my Dojo where I could attempt to decode these ancient texts.

They were documents detailing the careers of soldiers back when Humanity was limited to only one planet. These soldiers would fight amongst each other across continents in small conclaves called "Countries". Every soldier would "deploy", fight other human soldiers in a separate region of the planet, and then come home for "leave". When a soldier went on "leave", he would stop fighting for a while. It isn't detailed here exactly what a soldier does when he isn't fighting. But I'd like to find out.

I went back to that hole and gathered every scrap of paper I could find. One of the human Gods was named "Donald Trump" and he would constantly do battle with another God, questioning his legitimacy as a God. The other one's name was "Barack Obama". The hole in the ground must've been a temple to "Barack Obama" called "The Pentagon". I didn't learn much else about Humans other than the names of individual soldiers, mission debriefs, and spy reports. Just plain rambling bullS#&$, really. It was all just Humans fighting other Humans instead of some greater threat, like the then problematic Disease, Hunger, Poverty, or Prejudice.

But my real question still hasn't been asked: What ever happened to "Leave"?

We Tenno are born fighting, we live fighting, we die fighting. We don't know what for and that suits me just fine as long as the Lotus is happy. But it does get difficult sometimes to accept that all there is to life is the ability to fix a rifle, swing a Bo, or leap off a cliff without scraping one's knee. I want to devote some time away from fighting. I want to read. Watch something. When was the last time one of us went to a planet without anything to shoot besides a Codex Scanner and just observed the worlds that surround us and that we orbit?. I spend all of my leisure time at the Dojo: eating, sleeping, bathing, and getting ready for my next mission. I want to learn something.

I know it sounds absolutely crazy, but is it such a stretch to say that one day, I'd like to find something or someone to Love? We Tenno spend our lives reawakening our brothers and sisters in cryogenic sleep. That's how our numbers grow. Other species rely on more natural ways to increase their numbers. What happens when we run out of Cryopods to defend? Will we disappear as we're hunted down one by one by those who despise us? Or will we form connections with one another? Go to war, then come home, relax, and raise a family of future soldiers. And some of those young Tenno may not even be soldiers!

They could become scholars and thinkers. They could make discoveries that would challenge the way the universe operates! The Lotus would be pleased if she saw a young Tenno speak before Vay Hek and Alad V and brought peace to the galaxy. Imagine: Galactic Peace is possible if we're just given some time to interact with each other off the battlefield in a more relaxed setting once in a while. I'm going to contact the Lotus and ask her about the concept of "Leave".

I hope you will do the same.

This is all I can do thanks to my limited English capability (gosh, hard to find a proper paragraph break for this...).

Reading it again, this is definitely should've belonged in the fan zone.

This is all I can do thanks to my limited English capability (gosh, hard to find a proper paragraph break for this...).

Reading it again, this is definitely should've belonged in the fan zone.

Thank you, I'll try to do it and see if I could do better but I highly doubt it.

NVM

Edited by izzatuw

sounds kinda - interesting... and you did spark an interest - why are Tenno constantly murdering something? why do we not go to negotiate and stuff...? We should be the keepers of balance, but it`s hardly a balance when you chop everything you see into tiny bits.

sounds kinda - interesting... and you did spark an interest - why are Tenno constantly murdering something? why do we not go to negotiate and stuff...? We should be the keepers of balance, but it`s hardly a balance when you chop everything you see into tiny bits.

i guess we balance it by the weight of the bodies of each faction we kill.

In all seriousness, more Lore is necessary. My curiosity is not yet satisfied. 

i guess we balance it by the weight of the bodies of each faction we kill.

In all seriousness, more Lore is necessary. My curiosity is not yet satisfied. 

Let`s wipe out an entire colony on a planet, because they want to sell stuff.

Let`s destroy this nuclear reactor, because Lotus says so.

Let`s murder this guy, because he wants to help his people.

The only balance i see in our actions, is wiping out the infested. since the Grineer and the Corpus are equally bad. I would actually like to see a planet that is Fully Tenno controled, and the missions there are only Grineer/Corpus invasions. Then we`d have a reason to fight them back. Currently we have a lady telling us that this or that guy takes Tenno in cryosleep, and does bad things to them, but we never see it for ourselves. All we have is a word of a lady, that appears as a message. Heck, she doesn`t trust us enough to meet us in person even in the VR mastery tests... :D

MOAR LORE IS REQUIRED!

Maybe DE are doing it Dark Souls style - by keeping the lore super vague (by having codex entries), making us keep guessing at what is happening, what has happened, and what may happen in the future.

No that seems to be what they are aiming for but right now most of the lore simply does not exist.

Let`s wipe out an entire colony on a planet, because they want to sell stuff.

Let`s destroy this nuclear reactor, because Lotus says so.

Let`s murder this guy, because he wants to help his people.

The only balance i see in our actions, is wiping out the infested. since the Grineer and the Corpus are equally bad. I would actually like to see a planet that is Fully Tenno controled, and the missions there are only Grineer/Corpus invasions. Then we`d have a reason to fight them back. Currently we have a lady telling us that this or that guy takes Tenno in cryosleep, and does bad things to them, but we never see it for ourselves. All we have is a word of a lady, that appears as a message. Heck, she doesn`t trust us enough to meet us in person even in the VR mastery tests... :D

MOAR LORE IS REQUIRED!

My take on Lotus ordering us to do this and do that against the Grineer and Corpus is to prevent them from overpowering the other and to make them stuck in an 'eternal' struggle, resulting in one barrier lost and thus one step closer to focusing on murdering Tenno. 

My take on Lotus ordering us to do this and do that against the Grineer and Corpus is to prevent them from overpowering the other and to make them stuck in an 'eternal' struggle, resulting in one barrier lost and thus one step closer to focusing on murdering Tenno. 

Or you're indoctrinated. Reapers man.

Captain Vor and Alad V were the beginning, the Solar Rails and Dark Sectors are all for the arrival of the Reapers Sentient.

Or you're indoctrinated. Reapers man.

Captain Vor and Alad V were the beginning, the Solar Rails and Dark Sectors are all for the arrival of the Reapers Sentient.

Indoctrination procedures almost always leave an unintentional backdoor to escape. 

And since I imprint my in-game Warframe with my real-life personality, I would most likely question the orders given by the indoctrinator(s) (which I do every now and then in missions and messages sent by the Lotus) and rebel if I have to.